Author Topic: Kenneth Branagh Shot ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ With the Last Four 65mm Came  (Read 1974 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
that "article", quite literally, makes absolutely NO sense. it's an incoherent mess.

the 1937 novel Death on the Nile was "adapted as a television movie Murder on the Orient Express"????? what does that even mean? they are two separate stories. Christie wrote dozens of stand alone mysteries. they share a central character (Poirot) but none of them are "sequels" to any of the others. each story has a different plot and set of characters.

it also seems to be merging the two stories/films into one? i can't follow it.

i don't even understand what it's trying to say. are they making a new version of "Death on the Nile"? is that the takeaway? i could not make heads nor tails of this nonsense.  [hall2_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
that "article", quite literally, makes absolutely NO sense. it's an incoherent mess.

I said the same thing to myself.  [hall2_rolleyes]

are they making a new version of "Death on the Nile"? is that the takeaway?

Yes. And at least that part wouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's seen MotOE because at the end of that film Poirot is summoned to Egypt to investigate a death on the Nile, so they were already telegraphing that if there was going to be a sequel, Death on the Nile would be it.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
at the end of the new version of MotOE? it didn't happen in the original.

even that makes NO SENSE either. Poirot is not "summoned" to Egypt to investigate a murder in DoTN. like most Christies the murder happens mid-story. the victim actually a living character for much of the story. Poirot is just conveniently "there" at the time of the murders and subsequently conducts an investigation. but he's not a police officer or detective "called in" to investigate an already committed crime.  [hall2_huh]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, who knows if they might rework it? Maybe they plan to tell the events leading up to the murder in flashback as if Poirot hadn't already been there. Or maybe they'll just ignore the end of MotOE and do DotN the way it's normally set up. I suppose we'll see...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Um, I've never seen any versions, and I didn't know he gets killed 1/2 way through.

Anywho, this reminds me of early 2000s; alot of stars, not Leading Actor, Leading Actress, Supporting....blah blah.

Think of "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past", and many others. I like this format alot.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
and at what point in the film would you guess the victim of a "whodunnit" mystery gets killed? 1/3 of the way through? or 1/4 of the way through? or maybe 2/16ths of the way through?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The Net Worth Of Murder On The Orient Express Cast

Nice stills of Michelle Pfeiffer and Johnny Depp, who are the top two on the list...