Author Topic: Here's Another Ummm....Question  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Here's Another Ummm....Question
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 06:18:23 PM »
....But if so, in the absence of an enchanted portrait, Beth could not have killed Quentin without a silver bullet in that gun.  [scratch]

That's right!!

Moms Who Will Avoid Doing ANYTHING By Discussing DS
Anything[wink2]

Oh jeez....never thought of that.  YOU my dear, have a dirty mind.   [lghy]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 09:14:59 PM »
 Midnite, that Ivan Albright painting is amazing and is definitely the inspiration for the Quentin painting.  I believe it is hanging in a museum now.  Not sure which one.  The Picture of Dorian Gray is a great movie BTW, and I love the Wilde novel.

That made me remember something else... [spoiler]Before Barnabas time tripped, Chris didn't return to his hunk, er, human form in the morning, but I don't think the reason was ever explained.  Could it be that Chris was killed and therefore destined to remain a werewolf forever, but the mysterious events causing his death were another change in the present caused by the sojourn in 1897?[/spoiler]

Yep, I absolutely believe that's exactly what happened.  I also think it was Quentin's ghost who killed him.  [spoiler]For some unexplained reason, he had already tried to murder Chris with poison in an earlier episode.[/spoiler] At this point, Quentin was clearly powerful enough to actually leave the house at Collinwood, so I think he appeared in the mausoleum that morning and murdered Chris, thus resulting in Chris' permanent transformation into the werewolf.  This was the second reason Barnabas went to 1897, but this particular story thread got lost along the way. Luckily, when Quentin's death was prevented in 1897, Chris was also saved.  The changes in the past though had a strange result though, because [spoiler]Chris started transforming at odd times (even without a full moon) during the Leviathan sequence.  This condition stabilized however, and he seemed to go back to changing only during the 3-day cycle of the full-moon.[/spoiler]

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 01:14:06 AM »
[spoiler]However, it seems Angelique was because Beth also told Julia that she shot Quentin after he became engaged to Angelique.[/spoiler]
Hmmmm..I'm not remembering this Midnite...could you elaborate?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 02:03:47 AM »
[spoiler]However, it seems Angelique was because Beth also told Julia that she shot Quentin after he became engaged to Angelique.[/spoiler]
Hmmmm..I'm not remembering this Midnite...could you elaborate?

The scene between Beth and Julia is summarized here--
  But if you meant the actual engagement or attempted shooting, they occur in #829 and #838 respectively.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 04:20:44 AM »
I believe it is hanging in a museum now.
I didn't know that, or the name of the artist.  Thanks!  I just found this...
http://www.cegur.com/Albright/DorianGray.html

I was looking at some of his other works too.  Wow.  I thought Edgar Allen Poe was morbid.

I also think it was Quentin's ghost who killed him.  [spoiler]For some unexplained reason, he had already tried to murder Chris with poison in an earlier episode.[/spoiler] At this point, Quentin was clearly powerful enough to actually leave the house at Collinwood, so I think he appeared in the mausoleum that morning and murdered Chris, thus resulting in Chris' permanent transformation into the werewolf.  This was the second reason Barnabas went to 1897, but this particular story thread got lost along the way. Luckily, when Quentin's death was prevented in 1897, Chris was also saved.  The changes in the past though had a strange result though, because [spoiler]Chris started transforming at odd times (even without a full moon) during the Leviathan sequence.  This condition stabilized however, and he seemed to go back to changing only during the 3-day cycle of the full-moon.[/spoiler]
I absolutely love this theory!