Author Topic: Favorite Couples/Would-Be Couples  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Couples/Would-Be Couples
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 06:12:45 AM »
I liked Magda and Sandor too. They were so much fun to watch. I really felt that Magda was devastated when he died. The other couples I lliked were Barnabas and Josette, Barnabas and Victoria, Quentin and Beth, Maggy and Joe, Carl and Pansy, Carolyn and Tony, Carolyn and Chris, and Quentin and Angelique.

The would be couples I'd like to have seen would be. Willy and Maggy, Barnabas and Julia, Gregory Trask and Angelique ( I'd love to see her mess him up like she did Barnabas), Quentin and Victoria, Adam and Professor Stokes, and Angelique and someone who really loved her and it would have been great to see someone hopelessly in love with Julia..

The couples I didn't like were Quentin and Amanda. I'll need to think some more about the other couples that I didn't care for.

Misa

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 05:28:16 PM »

Here's a would-be couple:

Mrs Johnson and Bob Rooney the Bartender  :-*  They need lovin' too!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 08:52:35 PM »
Mrs Johnson and Bob Rooney the Bartender    They need lovin' too!

Dammit, Penny. I just ate. :::barffff!!!::: ~DJ

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 03:15:49 AM »
Mrs Johnson and Bob Rooney the Bartender    They need lovin' too!
Dammit, Penny. I just ate. :::barffff!!!:::

LOL!   [laughing_devil]  That's cold Maybellique! :)

Penny Dreadful
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 05:27:02 AM »
Favorite couples huh?? Well I do like Melanie and Kendrick. . .Magda and Sandor (they did seem like a couple didn't they?)

As for would-be. .well this is out there but watch the last 2 episodes Countess DuPres appears in while she and Joshua are trying to help Barnabas and tell me you don't see chemistry (after the initial I hate you-you're country is dull/I hate you-you're an arrogant overthrown gentry ) chemistry between Joshua and Natalie-- [cya]

I find this particularly interesting because there is no other time I really sense any chemistry between Grayson and Louis.  .. even when Edward is oggling the recently time-displaced scandalously short-skirted Julia in 1897--
Julia99

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 08:47:31 AM »
As for would-be. .well this is out there but watch the last 2 episodes Countess DuPres appears in while she and Joshua are trying to help Barnabas and tell me you don't see chemistry (after the initial I hate you-you're country is dull/I hate you-you're an arrogant overthrown gentry ) chemistry between Joshua and Natalie-- [cya]

Yep, I sensed definite chemistry between Natalie and Joshua.  Thought I was the only one who did.  But my favorite couple has to be Barnaba and Julia.  Okay, they weren't lovers (yet - a minor technicality that would be resolved in due time ;)).  Those two were TIGHT!  True, they had issues :o but nothing they couldn't overcome.  They had each others backs.  Besides, everyone knows the most lasting relationships begin as friendship... ;)

Countess

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 09:50:55 AM »

Well didn't Naomi at one point and time accuse Joshua of being to friendly with the Countess or did I dream that?

FireRose

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 12:01:07 AM »
Well didn't Naomi at one point and time accuse Joshua of being to friendly with the Countess or did I dream that?

did she?  I don't remember. . hey where are my tapes?! [happy1]  I think this "chemistry" was after Naomi died--like i said the last 2 episodes Natalie appeared in . .also, I liked the eps too because Grayson was dressed in a lovely black dress (mourning Josette rags) that i though showed how slender she was compared to the rest of the Countesses yards of cloth or Julia's wool.
Julia99

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 06:24:02 AM »
A favorite couple:  1840 Quentin and his lovely wife Samantha.  Great dynamic between these two.  All the anger and resentment makes one feel warm, cozy and right at home.
(Yes....Connie's in a mood tonight.)

love & light,
CLC

Favorite couple of all time -- MAGDA and SANDOR.  The best.  Wish there had been more scenes with them.  I mean, Grayson and Thayer as gypsy husband and wife -- doesn't get any better than that.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 11:08:12 PM »
I liked 1897 Quentin with Beth.  But the 1840 version of Quentin had good chemistry with Daphne.

Agree with those who thought Magda and Sandor made a good couple.  Those two really seemed to have a shared history with each other; Grayson Hall and Thayer David played wonderfully off each other.

Whenever Nancy Barrett and John Karlen were paired, I though it really worked.  So I like PT William H. Loomis and Carolyn Stoddard Loomis.  You really felt that despite the bitterness and the booze, there was still a lot of love there.  Melanie Collins and Kendrick Young also made a good couple, as did Leticia Faye and Desmond Collins.

Joshua and Naomi were great, really believable as a couple.  So tragic that he doesn't really realize how much he loves her until it's too late.

As for would-be couples, I'm partial to Julia and Barnabas, but am unsure it ever would really have happened, had the show continued.  And if it had, would it have worked?

Barnabas was kind of strange with everyone they paired him with romantically.  Josette sort of worked, with Angelique there was a lot of heat, but utter madness too.  He did seem to care for Victoria, but I can't see them really together.  Forget about the Josette clones.  And  Barnabas with Roxanne?  Was just creepy.  Maybe he could have had something with Audrey the Leviathan vampire girl? >:D

Always get a bit of a charge out of Julia with vampire Tom, but of course, that wasn't a relationship with a lot of real potential, was it?

Call me weird, but I thought that Cassandra and Tony Peterson were pretty sexy together, in a twisted sort of way.  Would have been interesting if they'd gone further with that.  Of course, Tony was good with Carolyn too.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 03:44:56 AM »
I would liked to have seen someone for Elizabeth (I would've liked to have seen more of Elizabeth, period), but I just couldn't picture Stokes as that man for some reason.... I think I would've liked to see Elizabeth with someone more...edgy, I guess. :)

I too would have liked to see Elizabeth end up with a great guy.  I would've liked Bill Malloy for her.  He obviously cared for her deeply but alas, she just thought of him as a close friend.

I have to say that I liked the Bramwell and Catherine relationship. The passion and burning desire they felt for one another...Yes! So much like Wuthering Heights, which is one of my favorite books.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Penthea

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 05:36:09 AM »
Favorite Couples:
Barnabas and Josette
Maggie and Joe
Carolyn and Chris
Magda and Sandor
Quentin and Beth
Leticia and Desmond
Kendrick and Melanie

Favorite would be couples:
Barnabas and Julia
Prof. Stokes and Elizabeth

Penthea

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 06:37:39 AM »
Whenever Nancy Barrett and John Karlen were paired, I thought it really worked.

Me too.  They were sweet together.  Plus they were the right size for each other!  lol
All the other men I can think of were too tall for her.

Barnabas was kind of strange with everyone they paired him with romantically.

I agree.  Every pairing seemed awkward to me.  His body language spelled u-n-c-o-m-f-o-r-t-a-b-l-e.

And  Barnabas with Roxanne?  Was just creepy.

A VERY freakish pairing.  BUT....call me crazy but I think his romantic scenes with her were his most comfortable.  If you study him closely, he's more relaxed and natural.  There's a scene in 1897 where she's in bed and he's recently bitten her, etc.  He kisses her and I think it's his best kiss on the show.  I buy it.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 07:31:57 AM »
Roxanne wasn't in the 1897 storyline, she was in the 1840 time period.

Misa

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 08:13:52 AM »
Roxanne wasn't in the 1897 storyline, she was in the 1840 time period.

Oh yeah - that's right.  It's all jumbled in my head.  But anyway, some of you know the scene I mean?

:-
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>