Author Topic: Natalie's Premonition  (Read 879 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Natalie's Premonition
« on: March 28, 2002, 10:30:47 PM »
Today, Countess Natalie told Josette that the Tarot cards had predicted her own death.  Those of us who have seen this story line before know that Natalie is one of the few people to survive the year, so what could she really mean?

Did the cards lie to Natalie?  Did she misinterpret the spread?  Is she lying to Josette about the reading to pressure her into leaving town?  Do you think that she was picking up images from an alternate timeline?  (When Barnabas next returns to 1795 and Ben strangles her.)  Is this just a device of the writers to keep us in suspense?

Any thoughts?

ProfStokes

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Natalie's Premonition
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 10:38:23 PM »
.  Is this just a device of the writers to keep us in suspense?

Any thoughts?

ProfStokes

Yep, just a ploy for suspense... Or, more possible, the writers did not know what they were going to do at this point!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 11:59:09 PM »
Probably a ruse to encourage Josette to leave (for her own good).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2002, 12:16:30 AM »
I agree with Patti--Natalie used this fabrication to urge Josette to leave Collinsport.  She knows how much Josette loves her and wouldn't want to put her at risk--so she agreed to go.  And Natalie knew exactly what she was doing!

Love, Robin

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 01:16:57 AM »

Did the cards lie to Natalie?  Did she misinterpret the spread?  Is she lying to Josette about the reading to pressure her into leaving town?  Do you think that she was picking up images from an alternate timeline?  (When Barnabas next returns to 1795 and Ben strangles her.)  Is this just a device of the writers to keep us in suspense?

I think in this particular case she was lying to Josette (who is now vying for the "most-in-denial" award with Vicki) to get her to get out of Dodge.

But generally speaking Natalie's tarot readings don't impress me much.  Like Grandmama in 1897 she seems to have a thing for them, but she either isn't much on the interpreting the cards correctly thing or she doesn't act on what she finds.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 05:52:36 AM »
I think Natalie was lying to Josette.  After her seeing Barnabas she would have used any ploy to get Josette out of Collinwood.  Josette does not fear enough for her own life so she thought she would convince her that  Natalie herself needed protecting.  Seeing Barnabas scared the pants off her.  

What was with that beauty mark x thing?  It reelly bugged me.  It also reminded me of a story. Oh no, not again,  My friend and I were at a bar, when I was a SYT and we were talking to this guy.  My friend told him he had something on his face and went to wipe it away, only it was a mole. hehe.  The next time we saw him he had had it removed.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 06:31:22 AM »

What was with that beauty mark x thing?  It reelly bugged me.  It also reminded me of a story. Oh no, not again,  My friend and I were at a bar, when I was a SYT and we were talking to this guy.  My friend told him he had something on his face and went to wipe it away, only it was a mole. hehe.  The next time we saw him he had had it removed.

Birdie

It was a spade( from a suite of cards) mark. It was the rage in France (and also Collinwood) during the 18th Century for aristocrats.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2002, 10:01:30 AM »
Hi Prof. Stokes, The Countess just said this to lure Josette away from Collinwood once & for all. She knew Josette was in danger, on account of seeing Barnabas herself. She also knew that Josette would leave if she thought her Aunt's own life had been in danger.
"Calamity Jane"