Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1115  (Read 512 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1115
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:26:43 PM »
Robservations #1115

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1115

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:14:49 PM »
Roxanne says she's never felt this way before. Moving on, Gabriel's wheelchair drives me crazy. First it looks just like the ones we used to race up and down the halls of the nursing home as kids. Now they were probably not the latest models but no way from 1840. The perfectly manufactured metal parts make it worse. Samantha and Gabe have a conversation and clearly they are at odds over the money which Samantha will get once Daniel dies. Gerard comes in and Samantha longs for Tad to be alive again. I'm guessing that she and Q were not happily married. When Gabe is alone with Gerard he calls him Mr Ivan Miller. He's had a sordid past and Gabe blackmails him. Gabe wants arsenic with questions. Apparently Daniel isn't the only one cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
Samantha goes to see Roxanne and the bedroom door opens out.
Gabe reveals the death will painfully slow and much suffering. Gerard will get 10% of the estate and deal is made as the victim is Samantha of course.
Barnabas calls Roxanne to the gazebo and she is willing to die for him. He bites her and says she will be dead tomorrow. I get a House of Dark Shadows vibe from the scene.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:47:33 PM »
Barnabas has neatly transferred his obsession from from Josette to Roxanne. Big difference here is that Roxanne seems to welcome the idea of being undead and in love. Barnabas seems much more predatory here than he did with Maggie. Ben and Julia make a very good team here. They work well together and trust one another.
The dosmetic drama at Collinwood with Gerard and Samantha is unfolding a little too slowly for me. It appears that the scripts being used were written with the idea of KLS as Samantha. That will change soon.
Barnabas discovers that Julia is keeping Roxanne alive and he's not happy. Looks like Julia is in for a huge can of whoop ass. Unless Ben can stop him.....
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 05:30:25 AM »
Once again, some of the folklore elements seem a tad arbitrary and inconsistent. Barnabas manages to kill Roxanne after what appear to be two bloodlettings (and not very long ones at that). Considering how long he strung along his other victims like Maggie and Carolyn without killing them, Roxanne seems to succumb awfully quickly.

Is it me, but I could swear there was music and singing of some sort playing dimly in the background of the scenes in the drawing room, as if somebody had left a radio or something on during the filming? Or was it just one more example of Collinwood's notoriously restless spirits doing their own thing, utterly indifferent to the goings-on of the "live" people in the house?