Author Topic: The Divine Tongue :O  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
The Divine Tongue :O
« on: January 12, 2005, 07:55:18 AM »
Hi again kids   >:D

Oh... J99 warned me and warned me and WARNED me, but I would_not listen...

I just caught glimpse of the infamous Grayson moment in "End Of The Road"    :o

My goofball reactions as I'm watching it for the first time:

Okay...beach scene...what the hell... throaty laugh - cute, okay, okay...

{eyes widening} Alright, bedroom in some seedy hotel...LOL...private lives or brief encounters...snort...funny...WHOA - what in the $#@%?!

Holy s***...yeah, I'd say he's in a hurry...

Grayson/Peggy  reasoning this oddball (snort) situation out...okay...groper backs off...

Whoa - where did her top go...jeeze, I'm gonna have to rewind that  a few times...oh...OH....dear...

Veddy Nice back though  ;D... cute freckles....oh, now the TONGUE...   [10]

Sweet goddess I'm scarred for life.  Steve, J99, Sandor...someone - hold me.  LOL

But seriously  :D  --  in a way that only someone like me can reason, I thought it was intriguing...  :-*  I got a kick outta the dialogue, and that I got to see a glimpse of her in something totally different from what I've seen thus far. Too bad most of the scenes she did for this were cut. {Sigh....damn them all LOL}   :'(   I don't know -- I think It'd be nice to have a compilation tape of the best clips from movies/shows, etc. that she was in... [happy1]

Wistful thinking in W PA,

Heather   [homework] (I just love that homework smiley...snort)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Divine Tongue :O
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:02:56 AM »
I'd really like to see this.  How much is she in the film?
  :)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 05:21:18 PM »
She's in it for about 5 minutes.  I find her sequences so intriguing that I bought the commercial video on eBay just to have it.  It was adapted from a novel by John Barth (I think?) that was popular on the lit crit scene in the Sixties, and someone was kind enough to send me the passages from the novel that were the other two scenes with G's character that were cut.

The most she ever really said about it in interviews, apart from her displeasure at the cuts, was something along the lines of "Nobody's gonna mistake me for some crazy dyke after they see THIS!"  (I apologise for anybody who takes offense--GH was often brusquely anglo-saxon in the way she expressed herself).

Unfortunately the movie was not released until a full year after production ended, and the director, apart from cutting two of Grayson's scenes, left in a brief moment of full frontal male nudity and a controversial abortion sequence that secured for the film an X rating.

To be blunt, I've never been able to sit through the whole thing.  It's late-Sixties in the worst self-indulgent way. Amazing cast, though--apart from Grayson, Stacey Keach, James Earl Jones, and James Coco appear.

G.

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:57:13 PM »
To be blunt, I've never been able to sit through the whole thing.  It's late-Sixties in the worst self-indulgent way. Amazing cast, though--apart from Grayson, Stacey Keach, James Earl Jones, and James Coco appear.

Agree with you, completely Steve. An  unwatchable movie. But those five minutes of Grayson are wonderful. A totally different part for her and a chance to show a different side of her acting abilities.

I'll give you a hug, Heather.   [cat]  Sorry, can't find an appropriate smiley, though there must be one somewhere.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 06:41:02 PM »
Sorry, can't find an appropriate smiley, though there must be one somewhere.

There's this one: [9341] with the description "Hugs" but with the
Code: [Select]
[9341]
(Though those two do seem as if they might be up to a bit more than hugging, don't they?  [wink2])

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 06:46:58 PM »
(Though those two do seem as if they might be up to a bit more than hugging, don't they?  [wink2])

I think that one ought to be re-named "smooching"  ::)

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 07:59:14 PM »

I agree with you, Raineypark, that seems to be a bit more than a hug.   :-  Good try though, MB.  ;D

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 10:01:28 PM »

Well, I can't take credit for naming any of our smileys (I would never have named this one [kaiokn] "Kaiokn" - what the hell IS a Kaiokn?!) - their names either came from YaBB/SMF or from the sites where I found them. I found the [9341] smiley on my own, and even though the filename is 9341.gif, its description was indeed "Hugs." And subsequently I've come across it with that same description on quite a few different sites.

I guess those two are just really, REALLY friendly. Makes one wonder what they'd be doing if they ever took it to the next level.  [laughing1]  (And considering the real discussion that's going on here, this is probably a perfect topic to contemplate that very thing.  [b003])

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
Grayson on the beach - in a bathing suit - lusting after Stacy Keach. I still blame Barnabas for pushing her to this low level....
And movie critic Leonard Maltin gave this flick  a 3 1/2 star rating (!?), while only giving "House of Dark Shadows" 3 stars? Amazing.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 05:45:20 AM »
I'll give you a hug, Heather. Sorry, can't find an appropriate smiley, though there must be one somewhere.

Thanks Bette...sniff. Here's a smiley of her in that scene:  [cool9]  LOL

Anyway...in general, I agree. Now I was startled at the Grayson scene at first, but overall I must admit that I liked it (wouldn't  that've been interesting on an adult version of DS - chuckle... Just kidding.) Only referring to her scene though--in case I wasn't clear about that before. I wrote that in the wee melancholy hours of the mourn, if ya can't tell (snort).

And yes MB...I think that   [9341]  is a bit beyond hugging (in fact, I always thought of that as the make-out smiley - LOL)

Well, here's a kind of enthusiastic-hug smiley:

[beer]   

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 05:52:26 AM »
She's in it for about 5 minutes. I find her sequences so intriguing that I bought the commercial video on eBay just to have it. It was adapted from a novel by John Barth (I think?) that was popular on the lit crit scene in the Sixties, and someone was kind enough to send me the passages from the novel that were the other two scenes with G's character that were cut.

Is it too blunt for me to ask what the scenes were generally about (the ones that were cut)? Yes, my curiosity is dementedly insatiable...   :-[
Pleeeeaaassseee...I'll make you a Briscoe-popping out of a cake card, or something...   :-*

The most she ever really said about it in interviews, apart from her displeasure at the cuts, was something along the lines of "Nobody's gonna mistake me for some crazy dyke after they see THIS!" (I apologise for anybody who takes offense--GH was often brusquely anglo-saxon in the way she expressed herself).

Judith: {GASP}

P: Phhht...we prefer ECCENTRIC, darling. Honestly... ;)
Now enough of this *maudlin* talk. I have everything planned for the ceremony dear...flowers, food, whips, and the hall is just Deevine. Now let us discuss the detailssss... {Deep chuckle}

[Sorry, sorry... You just can't keep that woman down!  ;)  Sigh - LOL]  xo

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 06:13:04 AM »
Grayson on the beach - in a bathing suit - lusting after Stacy Keach. I still blame Barnabas for pushing her to this low level....

Omg, Sandor! Lmaoooooo... ;D

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »
Hey guys, it's no fair to tease us with vivid descriptions of GH in End of the Road.  I need pictures darnit!   :o >:D  Or would they be too risque for this site? ;)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 04:45:08 PM »
Unfortunately, countess, I don't have any... would've if I had the means to get captures from the vcr.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 06:03:17 PM »
would they be too risque for this site? ;)

Well, if an image of one of the actors nude, for example, is going to be posted out of context, we ask that it be posted as a link.