Author Topic: Julia, the sly minx *Spoilers, darlings*  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Julia, the sly minx *Spoilers, darlings*
« on: November 07, 2004, 07:21:51 AM »
Hiya,

Okay, so I was watching some DS tapes to cheer me up today... why yes, this is indeed a daily occurance.  ::)  Anyway --  I've been going through the series  again and I'm up to the point where Julia, "the historian" {wink wink} has invaded the Collins household. A couple of interesting tidbits I hadn't given notice before:

I get a kick out of the scenes between Julia and Dr. D-W 2  (Dave Woodard #2...whatever ;)). [spoiler]One thing that my made brows raise earlier this week was a scene between the pair right after Julia had found out that Barn is a vampire. Dave is visiting his friend to chat about Julia's mind-tripping patient, Maggie. Of course, everyone at this point thinks that Dave and Julia know eachother from college, but not medical school. Snort. JUlia, of course, is fiercely determined to keep her real "research" a big secret, even if it means lying to her friend...goddess forbid anything should get in her way, ya know. ;) Anyhoo - Julia and D-W 2 are in the collinwood drawing room...he's threatening to take Maggie out of her care, and so Julia is doing her best to dissade him of such thoughts. She starts acting like her hunch about the Collinses and her research is amounting to nothing; that there's nothing to report because her leads have poofed into thin air. She acts despondent, but then all of a sudden Julia makes a show of sitting down in a chair, crossing her long legs towards D-W 2's surprised eyes. And then she gives him this sort of coy, innocent look. Dave gets up from his seat, stands behind her and says: "Are you sure you're telling me the truth....is this just another move to distract me?"[/spoiler] And of course my warped imagination started going off into parts unknown from that second on... LOL.

Another scene that had me cackling - well, not anyone else in my house, just me - [spoiler]is when Julia comes over to the Old House after Hypnotizing Maggie (this was right after the young lady had escaped from Wyndcliffe - Barn. was threatening to kill Maggie right away, but Julia convinced him to let her handle the girl). BTW, one thing I...dislike about the early B&J eps. is the way Barnabas acts. Although if I start playing armchair psychologist, I end up wanting to give him a swift firm kick and a hug at the same time - lol. However, Julia's scenes are just wicked...in this one, she definitely has her evil woman wig on. She waltzes right into the house, confidently explaining that everything is under control...that they have to trust each other or else. In the middle of their back-and-forth repartee, she snaps open her purse, pulls out a sleek cigarette holder, inserts her favorite brand, and then lights it using Barn's candleabra (LOL). From that point on, visions of Pepe were dancing in my head... she just puffs away, leaving the house with a trail of smoke in her wake. One unintentionally funny line occurs when Julia remarks that if Barn. doesn't cooperate, "I'll expose you." Barn's expression is priceless. he just sort of looks down - at what I'm not certain (well, I know what *I* was thinking - but since this is a family board and all... cough), and then he turns away, defeated. Julia just grins and walks out of the house.[/spoiler]

I love revisiting these episodes. Its a nice diversion from...other things (sigh)...and you find precious gems every time!!  >:D

p.s. I have some other smileys to share...aren't they cute? sniff.
[/size]

*was that too many pics for one post? lol*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Julia, the sly minx *Spoilers, darlings*
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 08:50:23 PM »
Oh, I love both those scenes you mentioned.  JUlia's scenes with Woodard and her coy, deliciously sly way of throwing him off track are too savory and demand repeated play whenever they hit the screen in this household.  As for that scene in the OH living room,  I just about die when Julia lights her ciggie from one of Barn's precious candlelabras.  The looks on both their faces are to LIVE for.

And there's still more to come!  Enjoy!

best, Steve

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:16:29 AM »
p.s. I have some other smileys to share...aren't they cute? sniff.

*was that too many pics for one post? lol*

Nope - actually, you could have included two more.  ;)

And probably needless to say I LOVE this one:

Look for quite a few of them to be added to the forum's smileys set as soon as I get the chance.  :)

As for the Julia scenes that you mention, I'm with Gothick, they're some of the best moments ever on the show and I never tire of watching them.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 03:38:59 AM »
i love the cat and mouse games julia and barnabas play with each other during this time...after awhile thier relationship gets too "easy".
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 06:33:08 AM »
Because you asked...well, actually, you didn't ask, but here they are anyway...

[attachment deleted by admin]

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 06:35:46 AM »
And a few more...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 04:13:21 PM »
Jean-Claude, will you marry me???

Oooh!  look at Barney SEETHE!

G.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 06:51:19 PM »
No.....marry ME.

Great pictures  ;D thanks!  Wish I could see this episode.

Modeling myself after Julia,
I am,
-CLC
 ;)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 07:21:03 PM »
Love that wig...of course, stills, don't do it justice. I've mentioned in the past that there was a gal in San Francisco that I used to see at a particular lunch spot that resembled Grayson as she appears in this period of the show. I always thought it to be too coincidental that this woman would arbitrarily pick this look. Never had the nerve to approach her about it. What fun it was though staring at her and thinking, "Grayson 67".

Great captures, JC. Lighting the cigarette off the candle...What a hoot! That whole scene was fab & rad.

dom

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 09:36:31 PM »
Thank You ClaudeNorth! I love the screen captures... I enjoy seeing Julia have the upper hand with Barnabas... I can imagine her thoughts as being....having control over a vampire is such a rush!  :o :-* 
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 10:31:44 PM »
The looks on both their faces are to LIVE for.

And I will take that thought with me through the rest of this busy week. Thanks hon. ;)  :-*

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 10:45:57 PM »
No.....marry ME.

No...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!   LOL  ;)

Come on, cat fight at high noon tomorrow...   ;D

Anyway - Hey Jean-Claude, fellow Mac-er you:

THANK YOU! :-*[/size][/color]

I woulda posted some pics, but I don't have those particular DVDs...yet (grumble). Thanks for illustrating that episode - great job!

Hugs from W. PA,

Heather

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 12:40:59 AM »

Look for quite a few of them to be added to the forum's smileys set as soon as I get the chance.  :)

Wow - thanks MB!  Yeah, I thought you might like the one involving IE...LOL.  >:D

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 04:36:49 AM »
Wow!  Three marriage proposals in one thread.  I'm not normally on the receiving end of such overtures, so I might have to take one of you up on it!  ;)

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a gown to pick out.

Regards,

Jean-Claude

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 05:34:21 AM »
Wow!  Three marriage proposals in one thread.  I'm not normally on the receiving end of such overtures, so I might have to take one of you up on it!  ;)

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a gown to pick out.

:::Taps J-C on the shoulder::  Darling. . i think you should remember (and so should your little harem of baracudas) . . I SAW YOU FIRST .. (or rather you saw me) . . anyway, my claim still stands and i've not reliquished it. . You can wear whichever frock you like.  .now back back or i'll bring out Pepe's whip!!
Julia99