Author Topic: Official Fest Guest Speculation Thread  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Official Fest Guest Speculation Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2004, 09:15:16 PM »
I don't know if i have the right to say anything since the chances of my ever being able to attend a fest are currently slim to none (  :(  :'( ). But, just for the hell of it (and not taking into account who lives where, etc.)... besides the regular players, how bout...Abe Vigoda.

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 09:26:10 PM »
our pal Bobubas wrote:
It would be neat to see Sky Rumson reunited with his wife Angelique.  I believe Geoff is living on the West coast.

I fully concur Bobubas...

Dija ever notice how, say this was circa 1970...Sky Rumson...the token native American name. Love it!!

What else did Geoff ever do after DS?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 10:06:36 PM »
Dija ever notice how, say this was circa 1970...Sky Rumson...the token native American name. Love it!!

Hmmmm.....and I always assumed it was short for Schuyler  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2004, 01:32:59 AM »
I, too, would've loved to have seen Elizabeth Eis at the earlier convention.  Buffy has always also been one of my favorite minor characters.  The one thing I loved about her is that she was the only character on Dark Shadows who had a television set in her home, making her seem one of the most "normal" and "regular" people to populate Collinsport.  Not even the Collinses, whether in NT or PT had a boob tube anywhere in site.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2004, 06:21:07 PM »
Hmmmm.....and I always assumed it was short for Schuyler  :D

It was.  ;)  Shortly before Sky makes his first appearance Julia reveals that an important painting that she's been searching for was purchased by "Schuyler Rumson."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2004, 06:25:53 PM »
;)    Speaking of being dead, the liner notes for the DVD of "Ruby", a possesion type of horror film with Piper Laurie and Stuart Whitman lists our boy Roger Davis as having died in 1980. That's never stopped him from attending any shows.

ROFL! Michael, that's hysterical! 

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2004, 08:30:21 PM »
Sort of getting off topic here, but since there's been so much talk about Sky . . . Geoffrey Scott also appeared on Dynasty, and he's featured in the eps that are currently airing (at this very moment on the East Coast) on SoapNet.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2004, 08:04:53 AM »
... besides the regular players, how bout...Abe Vigoda.

Interesting choice.  I was amazed to find still amongst the living.

MB if there is even a remote RD Fest appearance possibility, please put the board back on orange alert status.  It would go with the really bright orange colors you have on the board for October.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2004, 03:17:05 PM »

I was thinking of him also - I always thought he had such a sweet old hound kind of face.

MB if there is even a remote RD Fest appearance possibility, please put the board back on orange alert status.  It would go with the really bright orange colors you have on the board for October.

LOL!!!  Reminds me how a few weeks after returning from the Tarrytown fest I had this really weird dream and during the last part of it RD was seriously trying to sell me some real estate.  The details are fuzzy now but I cracked up telling that the next day!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2004, 06:29:56 PM »
if there is even a remote RD Fest appearance possibility, please put the board back on orange alert status.  It would go with the really bright orange colors you have on the board for October.

You've got it!  ;)

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2004, 08:36:50 PM »

It's funny...for years, rumors of Abe Vigoda's passing have been circulating, and his character on BARNEY MILLER was always complaining about one ailment or another.  However, in real life, Abe Vigoda is quite the health nut and an avid racquetball player.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2004, 09:20:40 PM »
However, in real life, Abe Vigoda is quite the health nut and an avid racquetball player.

That's amazing! I just looked him up on IMDB.com and the guy will be 84 this February.  I think he played the role of the droll, slow moving Fish so well on Barney Miller and later that people actually believed he might go belly up at any minute.  And that was going on 30 years ago! :o
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2004, 05:29:05 AM »
I don't know if i have the right to say anything since the chances of my ever being able to attend a fest are currently slim to none (  :(  :'( ). But, just for the hell of it (and not taking into account who lives where, etc.)... besides the regular players, how bout...Abe Vigoda.

Abe has actually made it to a couple festivals. Here are two photos of him from the 1997 & 1999 NY Festivals. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2004, 11:25:42 AM »
Wow Bobubas, thanks for posting this!  He actually looks younger here than he did in Barney Miller!  It's funny how he always seemed to play the "old man" roles so nicely.  I've never seen a picture of him from his "younger days" so it's hard for me to picture what he may have looked like.  In all the roles I've seen him in he always appeared old to me.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2004, 12:11:46 PM »
In all the roles I've seen him in he always appeared old to me.

I know what you mean Cassandra.  Even back when he did DS and "The Godfather" he looks the same.  I have this bizzare vision of him as a little kid with that same old man face. LOL!  :o

Thanks from me too for posting those shots Bobubas.  Here's hoping Abe and some of the others rarely seen make it to the next one in California!