Author Topic: Official Fest Guest Speculation Thread  (Read 6762 times)

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fest Guest Speculation Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 03:46:14 AM »
Conrad Bain has actually been to a fest once.  I think it was in 2000?  I'm not sure.  I wonder what Tom Harper (Jeremy Grimes) is up to?  I thought he was so cute.  It's a shame he wasn't used more on DS.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 03:52:30 AM »
lololololol!!!!!

Funny Jean-Claude  ;D

Funny...but true!  :'(  ;D 

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004, 04:05:48 AM »
At a Fest, Conrad Bain joked that he suggested to DC that his character should adopt two African-American children, but DC opted to go with a vampire.

I love the suggestion of Tom Happer.  Personally, I'd love to see an entire panel of obscure cast members.  Erica Fitz, Jane Draper, and how about a reunion of all the 18th century prostitutes?

Alexander Cort, who played the doe-eyed, pouty-lipped creation of Charles Delaware Tate that upped the homoerotic content of the series without saying a word!

And wouldn't it be wild if they convinced Marsha Mason to show up?  Even cooler:  Harvey Keitel, who appeared as a Blue Whale customer in a few pre-Barnabas episodes.

And, of course, there's always Michael Hadge!

As a sidenote, Al Pacino was friends with Michael Hadge in NY during this period.  Wouldn't it be wild if Al had turned up on an episode?

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
 ;)
      Well, I am definitely looking forward to this show. Here's my speculations...
1.) Remember, Conrad Bain, Mitch Ryan,  and Humbert have all attended shows in the past, as did Jerry Lacey. However, I would be very very happy to have any of them return.

2.) My guesses as to who new would be:
Kate Jackson because as stated, she has begun doing a few fan shows lately, and seemed very happy with her association with Dark Shadows as the Dan Curtis Day at the Director's Guild.

Dan himself. Isn't about time HE came?

Alexandra Moltke (and everyone is on notice to be nice and talk about DS! No Jeremy Irons stuff, okay. We want her to come back!)

David Hennessy Which would be just too cool. As I've said before, such as at the Curtis day, David's s character was so imprtant for us little boys of 1966 to "project" ourselves into the storyline. He was someone I could relate to.

Other possibilites

Lela Swift  Not sure on early convention history, but as someone who probably worked on more episodes directly than anyone else, she should be there every year.

Sam Hall   As head writer, I bet he has great stories...
We need to get Matthew Hall tt

3.) I second the idea of having a few "day players" or short term characters/performers. I would like to have Elizabeth Eis (Buffy),  Susan Sullivan (why not, and she and David Selby have a working relationship), Michael Hadge (Buzz), Michael Maitland (Michael) and especially Diana Davilla  :P (Julianka)

4.) Please also bring back Robert Rodan, Chris Pennock and Roger Davis!

Can I pack now?

Michael 
 Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »
4.) Please also bring back Robert Rodan, Chris Pennock and Roger Davis!

Oh my gosh a call for RD.  .what time segment are we in?? This has to be a first!

:o
Julia99

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 11:30:04 PM »
ClaudeNorth wrote:
Harvey Keitel, who appeared as a Blue Whale customer in a few pre-Barnabas episodes.

are

you

SERIOUS???? :o :o :o get the bleep-bleep out of here!!

For real????

Oh Mysterious Beeennneeefactooooorrr....screen grabs, maybe????

Woo!!

Patti
What a Woman!

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 05:34:42 AM »
are

you

SERIOUS???? :o :o :o get the bleep-bleep out of here!!

For real????

Oh Mysterious Beeennneeefactooooorrr....screen grabs, maybe????

Woo!!

I swear on my DVD Capture software and DVD of SATAN IN HIGH HEELS!

He has no dialogue, but if you look for him in the background, you will recognize him.  For some reason, episode #35 stands out in my mind as being the episode he appeared in.

I wonder if he has any recollection of being on the show...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »
For some reason, episode #35 stands out in my mind as being the episode he appeared in.

I'm positive he was in #33 and 34 and have read that he was in 3 eps, so if it's 35 that sticks out in your mind, Jean-Claude, I believe you.  :D

I would LOVE to see Anthony George at a Fest!

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2004, 01:33:20 PM »
3.) I second the idea of having a few "day players" or short term characters/performers. I would like to have Elizabeth Eis (Buffy),  Susan Sullivan (why not, and she and David Selby have a working relationship), Michael Hadge (Buzz), Michael Maitland (Michael) and especially Diana Davilla  :P (Julianka)

I agree with Cyrus. I think Kate Jackson is indeed a strong possibility, as is Dan Curtis. Elizabeth Eis has already attended a Festival (1994 L.A. see photo below.) but i would LOVE to see her again. Buffy was one of my favorite minor characters. How about Geoff Scott ? It would be neat to see Sky Rumson reunited with his wife Angelique. ;) I believe Geoff is living on the West coast.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2004, 04:16:23 PM »
 :D  Bob!
        Thanks so much for the Elizabeth Eis photo. I wasn't sure if she had been. 1994 was a little before I stated attending. I know my ex-roomate will be so happy to see it, he had a crush on Buffy. You know who we have forgotten to speculate on? Your close, personal friend Donna McKechnie. When are we getting her in person? I know like Lisa Richards she is still very busy on the stage but put in a good word for her converntion wise.

Michael

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2004, 04:27:05 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
      Quick question, I had heard that Anthony George had passed away, but the IMDB does not show that. I hope that means he is still around. Likewise, we should put Jim Pierson on his trail. From what I see, Mr. George was a TV soap staple for years after DS. appeared on Wonder Woman and was in the "cast of thousands" for The Ten Commandments. Anyone ever spotted him? Kathy Garver of Family Affair also played a child in that.

Michael

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2004, 04:33:19 PM »
I thought Tony George had been listed in one of the early 90s KLS books--the original DS companion, perhaps? as already past tense.  Let's hope my memory is faulty (once again).

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2004, 05:03:58 PM »
I thought Tony George had been listed in one of the early 90s KLS books--the original DS companion, perhaps? as already past tense.  Let's hope my memory is faulty (once again).

I would never question your memory, Steve, but KLS' books are another story.  ;)  Seriously, he was interviewed in Soap Opera Weekly in 2003 in which he talked about his 80th birthday celebration a few years before.  Until then, it seemed to me he had vanished and I was worried he had passed away unnoticed by DS fans.  ShadowGram had a grainy shot from SOW, btw, in a recent publication.

I'm pleased to have his 2 TV Guide covers, but the other 2 Checkmate actors are, sadly, gone.  :(

His Simon & Simon ep from the late 80s aired last week on a local L.A. station and I hadn't seen it before so I taped it.  I can get a screen grab from it when I have a chance.  He played a villain, woo hoo.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2004, 05:39:38 PM »
That's really nice to know, Fran.  I know Grayson was really fond of Tony and it's good to know he's had such a great life.

I wonder whether he has ever been invited to a Festival?  I really enjoyed his work on the series.

Steve

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2004, 08:01:54 PM »
 ;)    Speaking of being dead, the liner notes for the DVD of "Ruby", a possesion type of horror film with Piper Laurie and Stuart Whitman lists our boy Roger Davis as having died in 1980. That's never stopped him from attending any shows.

Okay, whoever did the notes appears to have gotten him confused with a silent film star of the same name.

I agree the comment of the KLS books that while they should be issued to everyone before they attend a convention, they do have a few small typos and curious omissions. For example, one of my favorite DS writers Violet Welles who has passed away is never listed on the "those gone on" lists, and several times is omitted from the production crew lists although all the other writers, Russell, Marmorstein, Caldwell etc always are there. Personally, I loved her dialogue. She wrote some of the best scenes in 1897 for Julia and Angelique especially.
    The reason I say these books should be required reading is that at each show we have the very same questions at Q&A, "Does anyone know where David is? Is Jonathan Frid still alive? Why did they fire Barney Rubble who was the first Willie Loomis ? " etc, most of which are well gone over in the books.  Love them anyway.

Michael