Author Topic: Junior v Full Registration?  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Junior v Full Registration?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2002, 08:18:31 AM »
Raineypark's
The box is not showing up in preview...

That's odd.  Just out of curiosity, after you click preview are you scrolling to the top of the page to see it (in the pink box)?

thanks, I finally understand it.

:D

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2002, 05:10:21 PM »
That's odd.  Just out of curiosity, after you click preview are you scrolling to the top of the page to see it (in the pink box)?

As usual I don't even understand the question.  Is there more than one box that shows the preview?  And I don't scroll to the top, it JUMPS to the top and I have to scroll down slightly to see the pink box!!...?  ?!?

By the way, I'm seeing it on this message preview!  I guess I'll quit while I'm ahead!!  ;)
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2002, 07:24:42 PM »

As usual I don't even understand the question.  Is there more than one box that shows the preview?  And I don't scroll to the top, it JUMPS to the top and I have to scroll down slightly to see the pink box!!...?  ?!?

Sorry to confuse you, Raineypark!  Knowing full well that the board is viewed differently on different setups, I should've taken that into consideration when I told you to scroll up.  There is only one preview box, but it should display how your message will look if you were to post it without making any further changes inside the message window.

By the way, I'm seeing it on this message preview!  I guess I'll quit while I'm ahead!!  ;)

LOL! :D

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 09:05:55 AM »

scroll down slightly to see the pink box!!...?  ?!?

wasn't that a chapter title in 'The Bunny Years'?? :P

....sorry.....
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2002, 05:19:32 PM »
Ringo, you are absolutely incorrigible! [evily]

Where is a "spanking" emicon when you need one?

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2002, 08:39:22 PM »

Actually, if anyone has way too much free time on their hands and would like to try to come up with those two totals before the first member actually reaches Senior status, I'll let them make up their own Custom Title (the only limitations being that it can't violate the forum's guidelines or contain any of the forum's censored words, it can't be one that members acheive through posting (so no jumping to Full, Senior or God ;)), and it can't be something like Webmaster, Moderator or Administrator because those postions have already been taken. :D) CTs (like the ones Midnite and I have) can appear in members' posts right below their regular status.
And because I'm feeling in such a generous mood right now, I'll even declare a winner if you're the first to guess within +/- 5 of the actual number of posts needed to become a DSF Senior Member and within +/- 54 of the number needed to become a DSF God. [wink2]

I have no time to being doing this and generally I have a hard and fast rule: I don't do math.  

But I'm desperately trying not to do a paper soooo, this is my guess:

556 for senior and 2629 for god

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2002, 11:07:02 PM »
I have no time to being doing this and generally I have a hard and fast rule: I don't do math.  

But I'm desperately trying not to do a paper soooo, this is my guess:

556 for senior and 2629 for god

Luciaphil

Well, Luciaphil, guess what -- your procrastinating paid off because you've just earned the right to pick yourself a custom title!!

You didn't guess the numbers exactly, but you're well within the +/- limits that I set. Congratulations!  And start thinking up that custum title now. [winkb]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 02:31:46 AM »
The stages registered members go through on the forum range from DSF Newbie, DSF Junior Member, DSF Full Member, DSF Senior Member, and finally they achieve the lauded status of DSF God (YaBB dreamed up these names, not Midnite or I [winkb]). The posts needed to reach these stages is based on a geometric progression (I'm sure we all remember those from Algebra and/or Calculus class, right? [scrm]) that ranges from 26 posts to, well, that would be telling... [winkg] But keen observers such as yourself have already noticed that VAM was the first member to earn her third star and reach DSF Full Member. She did that with her 119th post. So, if you remember how geometric progressions work, it's possible to come close to figuring out the totals needed to become a DSF Senior and God Member.

there are 2 cousins who I believe are very close...and a 3rd who's up there too..

What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 03:05:01 AM »
And PennyDreadful is the newest Senior cousin.  She zoomed past several posters like they were standing still.
[zoom] Belated congrats, PD![/color]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 06:29:08 PM »
Actually, I wasn't clear. I meant near G-D status...

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »
Actually, I wasn't clear. I meant near G-D status...

Thank you for clarifying.  Based on the quote you chose, which is about all member groups, and since your topic title refers to "Junior v. Full," it seemed difficult to tell.  If:
there are 2 cousins who I believe are very close...and a 3rd who's up there too..
was meant to be a question, I have a guess as to which member will reach God status first based on the current posting rates of our top posters, but of course anything could happen.  However, I suspect it won't happen for several months.

What a shame that no one has commented about our newest Senior cousin.  I'll try posting it elsewhere. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 07:50:58 PM »
based on the current posting rates of our top posters ... I suspect it won't happen for several months.

I suspect exactly the same. Even the current top poster has many more posts to go before reaching the God status, Patti.  ;)