Author Topic: Junior v Full Registration?  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Junior v Full Registration?
« on: March 20, 2002, 06:33:12 PM »
What's the difference betweeen Jr and Full? How does one step up from being a Junior??

You know Julia doesn't like being junior or 2nd to anyone. . .one can only take so many years of it. . .
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Junior v Full Registration?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 03:27:25 AM »
What's the difference betweeen Jr and Full? How does one step up from being a Junior??

One continues posting. ;)

You must have missed the post I made to Ringo after he was the first to go from Newbie to Junior. So for the sake of anyone else who might have missed it too, I'll repeat the explanation here. :)

The stages registered members go through on the forum range from DSF Newbie, DSF Junior Member, DSF Full Member, DSF Senior Member, and finally they achieve the lauded status of DSF God (YaBB dreamed up these names, not Midnite or I [winkb]). The posts needed to reach these stages is based on a geometric progression (I'm sure we all remember those from Algebra and/or Calculus class, right? [scrm]) that ranges from 26 posts to, well, that would be telling... [winkg] But keen observers such as yourself have already noticed that VAM was the first member to earn her third star and reach DSF Full Member. She did that with her 119th post. So, if you remember how geometric progressions work, it's possible to come close to figuring out the totals needed to become a DSF Senior and God Member.

Actually, if anyone has way too much free time on their hands and would like to try to come up with those two totals before the first member actually reaches Senior status, I'll let them make up their own Custom Title (the only limitations being that it can't violate the forum's guidelines or contain any of the forum's censored words, it can't be one that members acheive through posting (so no jumping to Full, Senior or God ;)), and it can't be something like Webmaster, Moderator or Administrator because those postions have already been taken. :D) CTs (like the ones Midnite and I have) can appear in members' posts right below their regular status.
And because I'm feeling in such a generous mood right now, I'll even declare a winner if you're the first to guess within +/- 5 of the actual number of posts needed to become a DSF Senior Member and within +/- 54 of the number needed to become a DSF God. [wink2]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 05:00:38 AM »
MB...are the 26 concurrent or each board (ie, do my posts on Testing 1-2-3 count or just on each listing...I'm not saying this right :-[ ).
Also....I click on quote, but duh, I don't know (except for pasting/cutting) how to quote just part of your/anyone's text? :-[
Patti the duff
What a Woman!

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2002, 07:24:25 AM »

Actually, if anyone has way too much free time on their hands and would like to try to come up with those two totals before the first member actually reaches Senior status, I'll let them make up their own Custom Title (the only limitations being that it can't violate the forum's guidelines or contain any of the forum's censored words, it can't be one that members acheive through posting (so no jumping to Full, Senior or God ;)), and it can't be something like Webmaster, Moderator or Administrator because those postions have already been taken. :D) CTs (like the ones Midnite and I have) can appear in members' posts right below their regular status.
And because I'm feeling in such a generous mood right now, I'll even declare a winner if you're the first to guess within +/- 5 of the actual number of posts needed to become a DSF Senior Member and within +/- 54 of the number needed to become a DSF God. [wink2]

HMM. I never took Calc, and the last time i did Algebra was circa 1973, :) but what the heck, Ill take a stab at it. My guess for Senior Member is 545 post and God status I estimate to be 2493.   Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2002, 07:36:06 AM »
MB...are the 26 concurrent or each board (ie, do my posts on Testing 1-2-3 count or just on each listing...

Patti, all your posts on any of the boards count.

Also....I click on quote, but duh, I don't know (except for pasting/cutting) how to quote just part of your/anyone's text?

The way I just quoted what's above was to type this:
Code: [Select]
[quote]Also....I click on quote, but duh, I don't know (except for pasting/cutting) how to quote just part of your/anyone's text?[/quote]

in my post. Whatever you want to quote has to be placed between
[quote][/quote]

Try it out here on this board to see if you can get the hang of it. ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2002, 08:02:54 AM »
HMM. I never took Calc, and the last time i did Algebra was circa 1973, :) but what the heck, Ill take a stab at it. My guess for Senior Member is 545 post and God status I estimate to be 2493.   Bob

Very close (but not close enough) on your guess for Senior, but way off on God. [sadb] There's a little more of a trick to it than what you used. But you're on the right track. [gring] And that's as much of a hint as you'll get out of me. [wink2]

(And BTW, you can say hell on the boards, you know. Midnite and I aren't the VN police. ... Well, there was that one time with the Gestapo uniform ... But we won't get into that here! [lghy])

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2002, 09:11:36 AM »

Very close (but not close enough) on your guess for Senior, but way off on God. [sadb] There's a little more of a trick to it than what you used. But you're on the right track. [gring] And that's as much of a hint as you'll get out of me. [wink2]

(And BTW, you can say hell on the boards, you know. Midnite and I aren't the VN police. ... Well, there was that one time with the Gestapo uniform ... But we won't get into that here! [lghy])

Well HELLthen  ;D I'm burning up some major brain matter trying to come up with a forumal of progression that would produce the proper sequence. This is my LAST try and then i'll leave it to the intellectuals of the group. ;) Senior 700. God (and if my calculations are correct,one would have to be a GOD to reach this number ;D) 5047

Ok I'm going to bed  :D
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2002, 09:47:10 AM »
Well, there was that one time with the Gestapo uniform ... But we won't get into that here! [lghy])

LOL!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2002, 11:09:18 PM »

Patti, all your posts on any of the boards count.

The way I just quoted what's above was to type this:

in my post. Whatever you want to quote has to be placed between

Try it out here on this board to see if you can get the hang of it. ;)

Uh, I still don't get it...I tried just highlighting 1 of your sentences, then hitting the quote key....duh, I don't get it.

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2002, 01:11:58 AM »

LOL!

...but no rebuttal????

verrrrry interestink!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2002, 07:20:40 AM »
This is my LAST try and then i'll leave it to the intellectuals of the group. ;) Senior 700. God (and if my calculations are correct,one would have to be a GOD to reach this number ;D) 5047

I'm sorry to hear that because now you're way off on both. [sadg] Your first two guesses were a lot closer to the actual numbers. But think of it this way, maybe you're trys will help someone else get closer to the solution. [wink2] There's still plenty of time...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2002, 07:49:23 AM »

...but no rebuttal????

verrrrry interestink!

There's no need for a rebuttal. Bob knows exactly what I was talking about.

Just be thankful that you don't because that Gestapo bullwhip can really smart if it catches you in just the right spot. [vryevl]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2002, 10:38:02 AM »

Uh, I still don't get it...I tried just highlighting 1 of your sentences, then hitting the quote key....duh, I don't get it.

Clicking "quote" will quote the entire message whether you highlight within it or not.  If you want to quote only a part of a message, you can do either of these:

1)  Click "quote", then remove all the text that you DON'T want included but leave this at the beginning:
[quote]
and this at the end:
[/quote]
or, and I find this MUCH easier,

2)  Highlight the section that you want to quote, select "Copy" in the menu under "Edit" at the top of your screen, click "reply", paste the text into the message window between these tags (which you can either type yourself OR add to the message window by clicking on the light colored box containing the page and blue arrow):
[quote][/quote]
The tags for quoting have to be in that order, with / in the 2nd one only.

Did that help?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2002, 03:12:01 PM »
Highlight the section that you want to quote
and see if it works.

The box is not showing up in preview...will it show up when posted?

This group of instructions was perfectly simple Midnite...thanks, I finally understand it.  But I'm still not getting the box in preview so I"m going to post and see if it shows up.
Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2002, 03:15:39 PM »
Eureka!! [hello]

Thanks Midnite!!!  ;D

Rainey  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas