Author Topic: Kneeling Ghosts  (Read 2214 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Kneeling Ghosts
« on: March 11, 2002, 07:10:37 PM »
Wow, Jeremiah was either really short when he first appeared to Josette, or he was kneeling.

Have a horrid cold and although I got most of last week off, I also slept through DS  :o So I missed the duel episode (again) I've got to buy these all on DVD!

Re : last weeks episodes
Now here's a question, when Nathan and Vicki heard someone come in the front door, why didn't they both just grab the food and jump out the window? They had plenty of time to do so without a hint of their being there.

I love how everyone is trying to make Barnabas see he should forgive Josette and Jeremiah. I mean for pity's sake! She ran off with his uncle (who was like a brother to him) and they were married on Barnabas and Josette's wedding night! It would take a LOT I think to forgive that.

I can see how people would really come to hate Angelique from this storyline (having never seen it myself....) I though have no pity for Josette either.

I feel very sorry for Naomi, being married to a man like Joshua would drive me to the bottle as well.

Poor Jeremiah, another victim of the Collinsport twelve-inch burial. I would not want to be anywhere *near*  a cemetery when it rained!

~Arashi

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kneeling Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 08:20:09 PM »
I would not want to be anywhere *near*  a cemetery when it rained!

~Arashi

LOL [scrm]! So true - and I would imagine those styrofoam tombstones wouldn't hold up too well either.
[ghost] [ghost] [ghost] [shckd] [ghost] [ghost] [ghost]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 02:04:00 AM »
The ghost of Jeremiah was played by a differest actor. This would probably explain the change in height of the character. Timothy Gordon played the part of the ghost and not Anthony George.  Gordon was probably shorter than KLS.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2002, 04:01:25 AM »
Dear Arashi,

I know that I'm dating myself by this, but when the ghost of Jeremiah starts to amble about Collinwood, I almost wish that the DS technicians played that "immortal' Three Dog Night song, "Joy To The World."  I'm sure everyone remembers it:  "Jeremiah was a bulldog, was a good friend of mine..."

Many years ago, I saw Three Dog Night in concert as a college student when, as El Gallo once intoned, "I was a young and callow fellow."  (Do you know which off-Broadway show that line comes from.  Hint: Try to remember.)  

Sincerely,  

Bob the Bartender

PS Sorry to hear about your cold.  Why not try a hot toddy like Jeremiah and the rest of the Collins clan used to enjoy?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2002, 04:08:59 AM »
El Gallo?

I thought his name was Jerry Orbach?

(I guess I'm dating myself too, Bob!)
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2002, 05:40:34 AM »
I think it is a roit that the gun shot went from the chest to the head.  Someone mentioned this before. The only explanation I can think of was when they carried him back to the house they dropped him head first on to a rock.  ;D

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2002, 06:35:23 AM »
Spoiler.....

So they droped him head first on a rock. Is that why the eye is dangling from the socket? :o

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2002, 07:15:01 AM »
I know that I'm dating myself by this, but when the ghost of Jeremiah starts to amble about Collinwood, I almost wish that the DS technicians played that "immortal' Three Dog Night song, "Joy To The World."  I'm sure everyone remembers it:  "Jeremiah was a bulldog, was a good friend of mine..."

Bob -- Don't you mean bullfrog? ;)

Many years ago, I saw Three Dog Night in concert as a college student when, as El Gallo once intoned, "I was a young and callow fellow."  (Do you know which off-Broadway show that line comes from.  Hint: Try to remember.)

The Fantastiks, I believe it was. I was always rather keen on the Ed Ames recording of the song. Hey, there's one maybe Jim Storm should be playing on his geetar.

--Mark

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2002, 07:55:05 AM »
You are correct sir!

I was indeed The Fantastiks and Jeremiah was indeed a bullfrog! (sorry Bob)!

Damn you're good!  I'll be more than happy to have you on my Trivial Pursuit team anytime!

Welcome Ghost of Jeremiah!  He was the star of my nightmare's when I was 8 years old, quite young and not really callow.  ;)

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]

PS: Arashi, I hope your feeling better.  I just got over my bout with that bad flu that's going around and now my poor hubby has it!
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2002, 09:26:13 AM »
Wow thanks everyone for the get well wishes.

To Mark : I could stop breathing but I think that has other side effects  ;)

Mmmm... even though I don't drink, a hot toddy seems like a good idea about now.

Minja, I hope your husband is feeling better soon!

To : Vam, I didn't mean he's shorter than he appeared in previous episodes, it's just that during the green-screen effect they were too far away from him, so he ended up looking *really* small, and his hands were overlapping the bedsheets.

To Bob : Hey! I remember singing that song as a kid, I don't know why, but my sisters sang it a lot.

I'm sorry I missed the chest to the head bit, but I think I remember hearing about that before. And what *is* it with that eyeball?!?!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2002, 02:13:00 PM »
Made the comment prior to seeing the episode again...one of the small details of the show you don/t remember....However that face, unfortunately, you would not forget!

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2002, 06:12:29 PM »

Bob, you'll know I'm dating myself, too, but this reminds me of a rather sophomoric prank that my eighth grade classmates tried to play on one of our teachers, an older nun.  We convinced her that we wanted to sing "Joy to the World" at our upcoming graduation.  At first she thought it a peculiar choice ("a Christmas carol ... in May?").  But then she agreed ... until she heard the Three Dog Night record.

But would you believe we actually got to sing these other tunes: "We've Only Just Begun," "Get Together," and "Turn, Turn, Turn."  We were groovy, groovy, groovy, weren't we?  

Ben   ;D

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2002, 02:37:34 AM »
I wonder if Angelique possibly couldn't raise the real Jeremiah and if this guy with the really bad bandage job (c'mon, would they bury him like that?) is someone else?

Hehehe

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2002, 08:44:39 PM »
Don't underestimate her powers-she could probably raise Satan from hell!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2002, 09:50:44 PM »
Dear Mark, Minja and Ben,

Sorry, I must have been having a "senior" moment when I reflected back on those poignant and insightful lyrics of Chuck, Danny and Cory(?), a/k/a Three Dog Night.  

You know, I wish that Dan Curtis had let Louis Edmonds (as Roger Collins) sing "Try To Remember" with Nancy Barrett (as Carolyn, of course) on piano in the drawing room of Collinwood (with Barnabas, Liz, Julia and Stokes as Roger's captive audience).  

I can see Roger, with one hand supporting himself on the side of the piano, and the other hand holding a rather large snifter of brandy as he intoned the lyrics of El Gallo.  It's a shame that Dark Shadows never made use of Mr. Edmonds' considerable vocal talents.

Now, please excuse while I groove to the sounds of "Momma Told Me Not To Come."

Bob the Bartender, who wishes Mr. R. Rooney would play Three Dog Night's tremendous version of "Easy To Be Hard" on the Blue Whale's jukebox.