Author Topic: Kneeling Ghosts  (Read 2215 times)

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kneeling Ghosts
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2002, 02:58:17 AM »
Maybe Jeremiah was Catholic and he was attempting atonement in hope of avoiding purgetory?

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2002, 03:29:25 AM »
Now, please excuse while I groove to the sounds of "Momma Told Me Not To Come."

Bob the Bartender, who wishes Mr. R. Rooney would play Three Dog Night's tremendous version of "Easy To Be Hard" on the Blue Whale's jukebox.

A little O/T...

Bob -- it's interesting, your bringing up Three Dog Night in such a way. A coupla months ago, I pulled out me old guitar after several years of disuse, and promptly went on a binge of learning (and relearning) Three Dog Night songs, "Easy to Be Hard" first and foremost. They were my favorite group for years back in the early 70s.  ;D

--Mark

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2002, 04:16:15 AM »
Mark,

Three Dog Night had a terrific drummer.  I believe that his name is Floyd Sneed.  (I have to check the linear notes on some of my old albums.)

Three Dog Night reunited several years ago to go on the oldie's circuit.  However, I haven't heard anything about them recently.

Bob the Bartender, who wonders if Roger ever drove his son, David, into Portland to see the double bill of Three Dog Night and the Strawberry Alarm Clock.  Imagine Roger grooving to "Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance To the Music."  

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2002, 04:24:16 AM »
Hey Mark & Bob,
I can visualize the Strawberry Alarm Clock thing happening, (David grooving to tomorrow, with Ed King providing one of those great fuzz guitar riffs), but have you ever noticed the Fillmore Posters which hang in David's room? They are both posters for two different Cream concerts which occured August '67. I have an original of one of the posters, (a psychedelic drawing of an Edgar Alan Poe looking character with a raven perched on his finger) & and a hand bill of the other.

It seemed someone on the set was groovin with the times!

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2002, 05:50:59 AM »

You know, I wish that Dan Curtis had let Louis Edmonds (as Roger Collins) sing "Try To Remember" with Nancy Barrett (as Carolyn, of course) on piano in the drawing room of Collinwood (with Barnabas, Liz, Julia and Stokes as Roger's captive audience).  

After watching Lara Parker trying to shoo away ol' Jeremiah today, I couldn't help but envision her breaking into a variation of the Steve Lawrence/Donny Osmond classic, "Go Away, Little Ghost."

Ben
(who, if things work out, will be making his downtown Chicago piano bar debut later this spring, with a song list that will surely include "Try to Remember")