Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0602  (Read 1094 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0602
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
Robservations #602

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0602

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »
Nick threatens Adam, that's new.   Where does Jeff live now?  Just some rooming house I'm sure, it's just odd when they don't show us stuff, like his moving away from Maggie's.   I should be grateful they don't drown us in minutae like that.   Eve screams at Adam over and over "I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!"...  and for some reason, Adam is concerned that Eve might come to hate him eventually.... Marie Wallace comes perilously close to missing the moment of her big pre-station-break close-up, after shouting I'll kill you again and again, when she runs afoul of her own hair, which won't get out of her face....   

Interesting, Eve dealing with being again in Nick's magic cellar (which has its own music), where she appeared as a ghost earlier.    The post-bodyswap amnesia is interesting.   I like it when DS shows us how great a leap it is across barriers of life and death, or between one existence and other.   There are consequences and changes; it isn't neat and uncomplicated as in badly done sci-fi, where people swap bodies and it's just as simple and easy as putting on a new suit.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
Nicholas just can’t resist an opportunity to show off. So he lets Adam watch while he works his magic mirror (a nice ref. to the first deadly sin, that!).

Nicholas isn't omniscient after all--he's amazed to learn that Jeff ran the experiment for Angelique. Then  Nicholas erases Jeff's memories of the experiment and even the (invisible) scars he got when Angelique bit him. But of course, Nicholas isn't acting from the goodness of his heart, even supposing he had one.

MT, I do like what you say about DS and the leap from life to death--and vice versa, of course.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:06:26 AM »
Nicholas makes Jeff forget, but it would be more interesting if he remembered. I find all the brainwashing of the non supernatural characters of their supernatural encounters bad storytelling. It was good in the Original Maggie case! but now it happens to everyone. Nicholas wants Barnabas to be A slave.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
The universal brainwashings are tiresome, and make things far too convenient, but Nick really has to do it.   He needs Barnajulia not to be found out, as well as himself, to go on with this "brilliant" plan of his.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 06:15:46 AM »
The magic mirror in Nickolas' parlor is the closest anyone on DS ever came to watching TV. Adam certainly seemed enthralled by the drama he saw unfolding there. I half expected a voice to come on announcing, "Meanwhile, in another part of the estate," or "Tune in tomorrow for another exciting installment of 'Life in a Small New England Town.'"  [snow_laugh]