Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0566  (Read 799 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0566
« on: October 15, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »
Robservations #566

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0566

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Youtube link for this episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gz65q7VGP4

cheers, G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »
Willie naturally appears in people's bedrooms.  It's fate.   Briscoe likes his bite scenes a lot more than Mr. Frid did....

[candle_in_skull] [skelleton_runs] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
Well, at least Julia finally has a man more interested in her than just as a friend or a co-conspirator...but wouldn't you know it, he only wants her for her blood....men, lol.

But in all seriousness....Tom does make a creepy vampire and it is a bit discouraging seeing Julia lose a bit of her strong will and self-control.

And really how long did she expect to be able to avoid Barnabas, or him avoiding finding out the truth about what happened to her....she couldn't put off not being able to do the experiment with one thing or another forever.

Loved the shocked look on Barnabas's face when he saw the marks on her neck. Though why he should be so shocked when he suspected what was happening to her I don't know.

Willie sucks at being able to lie to Barnabas....I realize that Julia was too weak and demoralized to be able to think straight...but she should have known he'd never be able to fool Barnabas.

Loved Mrs. Johnson's attitude when she lets Julia back in and Julia goes in without saying a word to her. All Mrs. Johnson wants is some acknowledgement to what she does around the house (I guess those bad boiled pudding dinners don't count lol).

Cool episode.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 05:34:04 AM »
We don't see the actually bite and then Willie, who should know, asks what's wrong with her neckwilie is caling hery Julia for the first time I recall. Lang rote his important notes in the crappy composition books we used in school?  Julia's room has totally changed except for the picture on the wall. it appears to be Vickie's room sans fireplace.  Tom calls Julia. It is nice that Julia has her own story, but then right away Barnabas has to find the holes and insert himself.  Trina's lots of line troubles today.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
Has George Whitaker been demoted or promoted to Technical Director? This might explain some of the ghastly performances and staging of late. Ken McEwen associates & Sean Dhu Sullivan directs. Maybe things improve today.

John Karlen OV-O. Bad

I don't care much for Karlen's performance here but Hall is good. I'm not crazy about the writers not having Willie walk Julia home either. Mrs' J is cute/funny but I feel like she might be a bit out of character to be so aggressive with Julia. I can see the whole thing going down but just not so loudly or aggressively. Has the way to Mrs. J's room always been under the landing?

The Tom bite scene must have been very thrilling for first time viewers back in the day.

Mrs. J.: "Curtained off?!" "Too much sunlight??" (lol) Cute camera angels with Julia in the mirror, etc. but a little rough. And good old Mrs. J with Barnabas down in the foyer. Tee hee! Always enjoy Blackburn.

Did Willie really have to smile like that when he entered Julia's room? (BOOOOOOOO!!! from the gallery and maybe a tomato or two.) Anyone think Willie's figured 'it' out by noticing Julia's reaction to the dogs? It seems as though Barn may have figured it out once Willie reports back to him. I can see why you are not buying Barn's exaggerated reaction to her wounds, ILB. I'll tell you what I'm not buying, it is Tom's intelligence as a vampire. I don't have a reasonable explanation for it but it just seems 'wrong' to me.

Julia leaves as she came, ignoring Mrs. J. I wonder if Liz were home if MJ would alert her to Julia's strange behavior?

The closing scene was the best scene in the episode. It was very well done on all fronts and I enjoyed it very much. Hall was very good throughout the episode. Seeing Julia as a woman only and not a doctor or sidekick seems almost novel.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
Great comments from everyone. Tom does make a masterful vampire. Too bad he's the only vampire around who actually takes an interest in Julia as a woman, even if it's only for her blood. GH is very good at doing the abject-Julia thing. Nice bit by JF when Barnabas is horrified--and I think truly grief stricken when he pulls Julia's scarf aside to reveal the bite marks. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and Julia is the straying one of this couple.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »
Oh, yes--fun to see Julia looking like she's had the best sex ever.  [hall_cheesy] [hall_cheesy] [hall_cheesy]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »
I came across this capture when I was picking out captures from this ep for the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Vicki/Jeff-Cassandra/The Dream Curse-Adam/Eve/Nicholas" board. I wonder if with this shot Sean Dhu Sullivan was trying to give Willie's/John Karlen's crotch equal time so that -

- it wouldn't just be all about Lela Swift's shot of Nathan's/Joel Crother's crotch?  [hall2_grin]