Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0566  (Read 1102 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0566
« on: June 16, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0566
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
Pure viewing enjoyment today.

I was wondering what it must be like to have your whole life changed as Julia's just was.  Granted, the same thing has happened to others, but it's more radical with Julia, because it's her nature to be focused on something.  Originally her focus was on a vampire cure.  Then she fell in love with Barnabas, and found her focus changing.  But that probably didn't happen overnight.  Now, in the blink of an eye - in the piercing of a fang - Barnabas is nothing to her, and Tom is everything.  What was Julia thinking as she tore up the note from the man to whom, less than 24 hours before, she had been totally committed?  Was there even a possibility of detached thought in her mind?  Was she capable of thinking about whether what was happening to her was good or not?  A few days ago she was telling Willie that she didn't think about what was right anymore, only about what was necessary.  Maybe it didn't matter to her what  her ideas on "what was necessary" were: all that mattered was that she had ideas.  I don't know.

Why did Tom keep Julia alive?  Why didn't he drain her until she was dead, and then go on to other victims?  Was it the handyman in him coming out?  "Take care of your tools, and your tools will take care of you."

I noticed that Tom separated Julia's name into three syllables - Jul-i-a.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »
When Tom called Jooolia, I was laughing so hard! I loved it! It sounded so funny!  [lol2] I even played it back again, I enjoyed it so much! That's what I think of when I think of the Tom as a vampire storyline.

This episode was the first time that Barnabas was actually concerned and worried about Julia. [milestone] It was exciting when Willie found Julia, and I was touched by his caring for her and wanting to make sure she was alright. Willie sure couldn't keep a secret from Barnabas, though.  [lpsldg] I'm glad he didn't, because that aroused Barnabas' suspicion about her sooner.

That was a huge change in character when Julia refused to talk to Barnabas, and she actually tore up his note! Tom Jennings really had her under his spell! [vampire]

I loved it when Barnabas yanked off the scarf from Julia's neck! It was great! [ghost_cheesy]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »
When I saw Barnabas questioning Julia it was almost like an angry husband or lover. Now I know that is what Julia would really like. But right now she really can't give Barnabas the time of day.

It seems like the effect of the bite was different, the effect it had on Julia right away and how it effected Joe. Maybe it was two different vampire ways. Maybe it was that
Tom took more blood than Angelique did with Joe.

This is a pivital time in Julia's and Barnabas' relationship. This is one of my favorite shows.

Grayson and Don really had to keep a straight face to play the sceen the way they did.

Everyone did good today.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:07:44 AM »
For once, Julia has a man interested in her for more than just her brains!   [ghost_wink]