Author Topic: The Stepfather.......  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:The Stepfather.......
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 05:05:46 PM »
No offense to the thespian talents (which I'm afraid escape me) of Ashton K., but he's no Herbert Marshall.  Herbert Marshall was indeed in the Letter and he also appeared withe Bette Davis in the Little Foxes.  He gives a wonderful performance in each, more than holding his own with the formidable Davis.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 06:54:17 PM »
Hi Julian, ever see Trouble in Paradise?  Herbert Marshall was divoon in that.

As for Ashton K., he's a frothy little sex kitten, that I wouldn't kick out of bed for eating crackers.

G.

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 09:44:21 PM »
Don't worry, dear....you're not the only one.

But really  ::).....Don Ameche was MUCH better looking!!!
Ditto!
Trading Places, Cocoon etc, etc, etc...
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 09:57:08 PM »
And, let's not forget quite possibly Herbert Marshall's greatest role, that of the skeptical Montreal police inspector, who, cannot believe that Vincent Price's sister-in-law killed his own brother (actor David Hedison of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" fame ), because his brother had accidentally (not to mention allegedly) transformed into a six-foot half-man, half-fly monster during an ill-fated experiment in the cinematic sci-fi classic, "The Fly."

Who could possibly forget that final, chilling scene in which Herbert Marshall (along with Vincent Price) is looking down at a tiny fly with David Hedison's head on it, caught in a spider's web and about to be ingested by a hungry spider, and pleading in a very squeaky voice, "Help me!  Help me!!"?  (Of course, Mr. Marshall's character did the only proper thing and squished both the fly and the spider with a heavy rock.)

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 02:14:12 PM »
I haven't seen Trouble in Paradise, but I'm putting it on my list of movies I want to see.  From the IMDB I see it also has Miriam Hopkins who I also like.