Author Topic: Favorite character in 1795  (Read 4761 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re: Favorite character in 1795
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2002, 04:24:59 AM »
Hmm this is a toughie. I would say that Millicent is my favorite 1795 character. She was always so lady like but slipped at time and then started going 'i'm ruined, i'm ruined'. After she went crazy, I felt sorry for her, but she was a joy to watch. I loved her laugh. Nancy Barrett was great playing her. I wish we had gotten to see more of her during the early days of 1795, to me it seems she didn't appear regularly until Barnabas and  Angelique got marrid. I also loved Angelique. Her character was great. I loved Lara Parker's portrayl..her eyes looked like that of a evil, bitter woman at times. Suki Forbes was great..too bad Jane Draper didn't get any other role! One of the best short term portrayals on DS that I've seen. I also liked Jonathan Frid, Louis Edmonds, and KLS' acting in the storyline. Too bad Barnbas and Josette lost each other  :(

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2002, 05:57:35 AM »
For me it Angelique. The scene from DS that stuck
with me the longest was where Barnabas shot her
and she cursed him.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2002, 08:10:19 AM »
Angelique was my favorite during the 1795 storyline. With her around, there was always something happening. Things were never boring when she was on and you could always count on her to make something exiting happen.  I loved the scenes between her and Barnabas and really felt that they had great onscreen chemistry together. I'll never forget that scene between the two of them in Barnabas' bedroom when she replied to him that " he is her master and she is his servant!"
It's too bad he didn't remind her of that though when she was cursing his whole family. :)

I also liked Naomi and felt that she was given a bad rap during that time period on account of her drinking habits. Out of everyone she had the most kindest, caring nature and was always good to everyone. She was so sensitive and you couldn't help but feel sorry for her. It was sad to see her life end the way it did. >:(
"Calamity Jane"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
Just about everybody did a great job during this storyline, so it's hard to pick just one. My personal favorites:

Joshua (pompous, proud, stern and stubborn, funny at times, but despite himself did have a underlining love for his family)

Angelique (she did a lot of rotten things, nearly choked Barnabas to death, turned Joshua into a cat, made Josette and Jeremiah fall in love, made poor little Sarah ill, framed Vicki for her witchcraft, cursed Barnabas, made Josette jump to her death from Widows' Hill....but her evil deeds were so fascinating to watch. Glad Curtis had sense to keep her on the show).

Ben Stokes (though he was resentful at having to be an "endangered servant" (as his descentant the good Professor put it) to the Collins family (particularly Joshua) he proved to be a most loyal servant despite being enslaved by Angelique and a loyal and devoted friend to Barnabas, before and after Angelique cursed him.

Naomi Collins (poor woman suffered so much heartache, it's no wonder she turned to the bottle! But she did have an inner-strength that kept her going....it was just the shock of seeing her son turned into a monster that finally pushed her over the edge  :'()

And of course Barnabas.....you saw how much he suffered after Angelique turned him into a vampire, how he was filled with so much lonliness and self-loathing....he really made me feel for him.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 04:02:33 AM »
Ben Stokes (though he was resentful at having to be an "endangered servant" (as his descentant the good Professor put it) to the Collins family (particularly Joshua)

Ben was an indentured servant-- an admitted thief (he stole food to satisfy his hunger) bound over for services.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:02 PM »
Ben Stokes (though he was resentful at having to be an "endangered servant" (as his descentant the good Professor put it) to the Collins family (particularly Joshua)

Ben was an indentured servant-- an admitted thief (he stole food to satisfy his hunger) bound over for services.

Oh, indentured! It had sounded to me like he pronounced it endangered.... ^-^

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 03:00:09 AM »
My favorite character from 1795 would have to be Angelique :)  I also liked Naomi and Millicent cracked me off. She was so wispy!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 04:28:54 AM »
My favorite in 1795 is Ben Stokes. I like the storyline though for me there is no one to drool over, no JK character. But I love Ben, he is so loyal and a very good person.

I like Naomi and felt she was a tragic figure, due to her loveless marriage and the tragedy of [spoiler]losing both of her children during the storyline, then learning what her son had become and committing suicide because it was too much for her to bear.[/spoiler]

I also love Suki and wish she'd had more episodes and that Jane Draper had been in more storylines.

Alondra

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 05:00:11 AM »
My favorites:

1. Barnabas Collins:  learning about him as a person before, during and after the curse.  Love his character in all the storylines.

2. Ben Stokes:  most caring best friend and loyal to the end!

3. Nathan Forbes:  his pants!!  ;D  [I also enjoyed his character as the evil adversary ... great acting by Joel Crothers]

4. Sarah: she was very cute but we didn't learn that much about her.  I loved her relationship with Barnabas and the saddest scene was when she [spoiler]died in his arms.[/spoiler]
[/color]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/