Author Topic: Favorite character in 1795  (Read 4872 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite character in 1795
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2002, 03:32:11 AM »
I am assuming that by "favorite" we aren't talking the best critical performance.

If that is the case, than I'm going to go with Millicent.  Nancy Barrett was hysterical playing the epitome of the empty-headed "ideal" female.

I agree with Luciaphil - Nancy's Millicent is one of the most amusing  :D characters in this storyline. This is the point where she really started to come into her own on DS - when she had a chance to depart from the more ordinary (if anything on DS ever was 'ordinary') young female soap character and start doing her great character stuff.

CastleBee
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2002, 07:50:40 AM »
My favorite character in the 1795 Flashback is Noah Gifford. I like the scenes he did with Nathan Forbes, and Daniel Collins.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline deron

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2002, 07:26:24 PM »
A little Spoiler warning!

I do like Stokes, and my wife's favorite is Angelique.   We watch it everyday, and she was so excited when Angelique showed up.

For some reason, I am looking foward to Trask, perhaps because I do know what happens to him.  His long exorcism's and pompous attitudes crack me up.   My kids always remember the scene with Barnabas, Trask, and of course the bricks.  

Dark Shadows made many social statements with their storylines and characters, and Trask is no exception.

deron :)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2002, 07:43:31 PM »
Dear VAM,

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

My favorite upcoming 1795 character is, of course, Mr. Mooney, proprietor and head bartender of the Eagle Inn.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender

PS Is Mr. Mooney of the Eagle Inn related to Mr. Rooney of the Blue Whale?

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2002, 10:07:38 PM »
Hey Deron....I too am looking forward to the arrival of Trask!  Jerry Lacy has soooo much fun playing that part that it spills over and makes it all the more fun for the viewer to watch!

Spoilage

I also am looking forward to the arrival of Suki who will add yet another fun plot twist to the storyline!

Always, Minja[vryevl]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2002, 09:16:13 AM »

My favorite upcoming 1795 character is, of course, Mr. Mooney, proprietor and head bartender of the Eagle Inn.

Why, Bob, I would have thought that you were most fond of Bathia Mapes.  ;)

ProfStokes

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2002, 09:28:54 AM »

I am assuming that by "favorite" we aren't talking the best critical performance.

If that is the case, than I'm going to go with Millicent.  Nancy Barrett was hysterical playing the epitome of the empty-headed "ideal" female.

Luciaphil

Gad, wasn't she a hoot? :D  She was the first one I thought of, too, although I also really liked the character of Ben Stokes.

Cheers,

Linda

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2002, 08:50:13 PM »
Would like to thank all, who took the time to contribute-

VAM

P.S. If you haven't, there is still time to place a vote!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2002, 03:33:05 AM »
Dear ProfStokes,

Bathia Mapes, my unrequited love!  Excuse me if I leave to fix myself a nice hot toddy.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who's going to listen to Frank Sinatra's classic torch song, "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning" while he nurses his hot toddy.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2002, 05:21:57 AM »
Oh, I just have to say Angelique. She just burst onto the show and made it her own from the start. She is such an unusual character, really in all of her evolutions and especially in the Dan Curtis world of boring fems. That combined with the extraordinary looks of Lara Parker, makes her someone you could never forget! :o
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2002, 06:41:26 AM »
1795 does have some of the best developed, multifaceted characters of the series, and perhaps the most complex characterizations.

Before this question was posed, I had been thinking about Ben Stokes and how his character grows throughout the storyline.  In many ways he eventually embodies many of the attributes of a true gentleman (despite his background and station), and his character will prove to be more admirable than some of those of higher social status who were considered "gentlemen."

spoiler

Barnabas is another of my choices because he not only proves to be a true gentleman at many crucial points, but he will also prove to be a tragic hero.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline The Cryptkeeper

• Dark Shadows fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2002, 06:48:27 PM »

I'd say Barnabas and the conflict between Josette and Angelique, and her wanting revenge on Barnabas and turning him into a vampire...

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2002, 01:39:27 AM »
Millicent was my fav char! She was such a riot going insane, although it was kind of sad. Her scenes with Nathan were the best, because she was so bashful, she wouldn't let him hold her hand or anything....of course, this is why Carolyn is so evil 2 Joe later on.....it's Millicent's revenge on Nathan *EVIL LAUGH*  ;D I loved how naive she was, the "perfect" [at that time] lady aristocrat, who was swept off her feet by the EVIL, but handsome Nathan Forbes........*le sigh* Once she went insane she was so much fun to watch. Her eyes scared me almost as much as Angelique's. SCARY!! She could be looking at you, and see right through you, and talk to herself like you weren't even there......

But I also adore Suki! OMG She was so wonderful! She was the only person who could put Nathan in his place....like when she first walked into the Eagle, or whatever it was called, she MADE him pull out her chair for her, and she wouldn't sit until he did, and then she barged in2 Collinwood and told him what an idiot he was and how he's always spoiled by his own deceit and how she "is growing rather fond of [money] herself," as she drools on the rugs and smiles oh-so-smugly at Millicent. They should have had Jane Draper back as another part! I was going crazy when she came out of the wall a couple days ago for Barn's trial. " :o  ;D  ;D  ;D SUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D" I was so happy she was back, but now she's gone forever...*le sigh* But I have tapes  ;D
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2002, 01:43:34 AM »
My favorite character by far had to be Countess Natalie DuPres.Grayson Hall did a marvelous job in the role.

-Adra ;D
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2002, 02:58:43 AM »
Oh, this is a toughie. I remember when I was watching this last run and first saw the episode where Angie swept through the door much to Barney's dismay. She ruled the show from the first moment!

Like? Ben Stokes. Enjoy? Nathan Forbes. He is wonderfully sexy in a way that Joe would never be.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton