Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0436  (Read 745 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0436
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
Robservations #436

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0436

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:42:06 PM »
I love A Moltke's opening voice-overs - the best, IMO.

Frustrating episode because of Peter Bradford's disastrous anti-logic. Vicki finally puts all the pieces together - all she needed was an anvil to hit her on the head, lol. (I miss the black & white - '66/'67 -  Vicki.)

Ben & Nathan - Poor Ben. When he said he couldn't run away, I expected him to say it was because he had to protect Barnabas, but instead he reasoned that he could never get far enough away from Angelique, that she'd show up no matter how far he'd run. Nathan tries to corner Ben regarding Barnabas being in Collinsport - not in England. But Ben holds fast to the 'gone to England' lie and warns Nathan to back off with threats of death. Ben leaves and Nathan is more certain than ever that he is correct about Barnabas.

Ben & Peter - Ben agrees to take Peter to Angelique's grave, they dig it up and she's not there. I'm not quite sure of the logic behind Ange not being there, but whatever. The best part of this scene and this blasé episode is when Ben backs into a tree and the whole thing moves.

Ben & Vicki - Peter's biggest blunder? He decides, despite Vicki's concerns, that she should tell the judges her whole true time-traveling story, book & all. Could anyone (now or then) really think that this is the best legal move? I can't imagine so.

This ep is okay - not on my 'favorites' list but not on the 'worst of' list either and better than 'filler' as it does move the story along and last but not least - as always - a great Thayer David performance. Alexandra did well also.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:50:42 PM »
Vicki finally connects all the dots and realizes that Angelique was the witch.

Angelique's grave is empty. To all intents and purposes, she has disappeared. [spoiler][We won’t see her again till Roger brings his new bride, Cassandra Blair, to Collinwood.][/spoiler]

Big bad mistake by Peter at the end of this episode. He is starting to get on my nerves.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:48 AM »
Why wasn't Vickie more suspicious as she was during the Laura mystery? So she finally finds out it's Angelique months later and only because Ben revealed the truth. Peter is a fool.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »
The two important things here are things we didn't see.  One, Bradford presented no argument along with the Collins history.   Here it is:   "She has no motive, shows no animosity toward anyone except when screamed at, accused of witchcraft and tied to trees.   She's just a mysterious figure.   Now that we've heard her time travel story, isn't it possible that this is just one more of the many unexplainable incidents and that she is just one more innocent victim of this series of incidents?   How does she not sound like a victim of witchcraft?  That constitutes reasonable doubt."   At least it's worth trying.   

Two, where'd Angelique's body go?   [spoiler]Considering what happens in later storylines, either she was transported to Hell where the Devil fitted her with a new body to do his bidding with, then she became a more powerful witch who can physically appear and disappear (unless she did that earlier), as at the trial, then she followed them to 1968 --or--  the spirit went to Hell and was reconstituted, as happens on other occasions I think, going off to 1968... while the body re-animated and healed from some spell she'd cast on herself in life, maybe, she grew a duplicate personality arising out of this healed body, and skipped town, to return once a year to Barnabas's crypt once a year, to see how he's doing, until 1840, with therefore no memory of the future.   They never actually explain where the body went.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor