Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0396  (Read 555 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0396
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »
Robservations #396

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0396

And:
[occasion18]  HAPPY NEW YEAR 1968!  [occasion18]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:36:56 PM »
It seems that Angelique is well and truly stuck with the ghost of Jeremiah. Once again, she has failed to reckon with the consequences of her impulsive, unthinking actions.

Another wonderful scene with Barnabas and Ben. Barn asks Ben to bring Vicki to the Old House for safety. Ben asks, How will Angelique will feel about havin’ Miss Winters in the house? Barnabas assures him, She will be just as protective as I am. Ben is genuinely touched when Barnabas designates him the best man. But poor Ben can't tell Barnabas what he knows.

Angelique is up in her room (maybe Barnabas’s, certainly not Josette’s), admiring her satin wedding gown, which she must have made herself in Martinique and confidently brought with her to Collinwood. Radiantly she pirouettes in front of the mirror, but abruptly stops, horrified: Her reflection is haggard, her hair unkempt, and her gown spattered with blood. But when she looks down at herself, everything is normal.

In answer to someone's query in a previous ep., we learn that Vicki has been afraid to eat, much less breathe, while she was hiding in the stable. Driven by hunger and exhaustion, she spill the beans to Barnabas. He asks Ben if Vicki might be the witch. NO! Ben says emphatically but can't explain.

Angelique is frantically packing when Barnabas comes to see why she's late for her own wedding. It's probably no more than the truth when she insists that Jeremiah must have put the voodoo doll of Sarah and the pins in her suitcase. Angelique promises to come downstairs after fixing her veil (which is attached with hideous plastic flowers). Barnabas doesn't even admire her gown or anything, though I suppose that's meant to be an indication of his state of mind--leaving aside that it’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the ceremony.

Jeremiah still isn't done with Angelique. We see him carrying her, in classic monster style, to the cemetery. There he deposits her in his own open grave despite her screams, protests, and orders. You will now learn what it is like to live without peace in the land of the dead, he intones. He begins pouring earth onto her (well, actually it thumps onto the camera), ignoring her screams.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:50:11 AM »
I wish Jerimiah talked out of his mouth. The loud tin can voice is very annoying and distracting. I guess whatever it takes to make us realize that it is not Anthony george (as if). Well, I imagine that we the audience are supposed to be on the edge of our seats and ecstatic about Ange getting her comeuppance. You'd think someone powerful enough to raise the dead would be powerful enough to keep control over them but I guess not. Thank goodness for her it is not a dead Ben Stokes. It certainly seems very odd to see Ange in a helpless state.

Barnabas is a little late to the party when he finally hears between the lines while talking with Ben. Better late than never, if indeed at all. Time will tell. I like that Ben is watching out for Vicki.

I imagine that Ange would be dressing in Naomi's room being she is now the mistress of the house but I can't say, I don't really recognize it. Maybe your right, DarkLady, it could be Barn's room, though for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, except to say that I detect an air of femininity in it that I don't recall from Barn's room, I would say it's not.

Vicki finally tells someone the truth about her circumstances and it's Barn and I guess he is one of the better choices. And thank goodness that she told him at the perfect time -- when Ben is around to try and convince Barn that Vicki is not a witch as he is inclined to believe -- and who could blame him? Poor Ben, he really has a lot on his plate now.

Ange looks good enough to eat in her wedding dress, like it's made of whipped cream. And her skin color against the white of the dress is stunning to me, at least it is on the VHS tape.

Random thoughts: Parker can scream with the best of them. Jerimiah gets no closing credits/billing which I hadn't noticed until this episode.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:54:56 AM »
Barnabas sees Angelique in her wedding dress bringing bad luck to the couple. Jeremiah apparently has more powers than the ability to increase his manhood in death as he is able to make Sarah's doll and pins appear/
He has also done a nice job of opening his grave in which to  deposit the helpless witch.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times