Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0396  (Read 1268 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0396
« on: October 01, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0396
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
Happy 1968, fellow Watchers!

I'm having real trouble with this Jeremiah's ghost business.   First there's the question of what he was doing in both head-bandages and pants.  Next Nelson Collins raises the possibility that he's a zombie, not a ghost.   This would not explain the bandages-and-pants combo and furthermore seems impossible because the entity materializes and dematerializes, but on the other hand it is consistent with the entity's rising up out of his grave, and also with the entity's halting gait, which seems stereotypically zombie-like.   And now Angelique has lost control of the entity, with nothing to say why.   I keep wondering if it has something to do with the Hand of Count Petofi, the box for which was on a shelf in the bedroom today, I noticed.   Right now I seem to be having the same problem with Jeremiah's ghost that I did with Sarah's ghost: neither acts consistently.  But why should I expect consistency from a ghost?   Or a zombie.   Or whatever.

I'm going to be very charitable and say that lack of food and lack of sleep had addled Vicky's brain, and if she hadn't been starving and exhausted, she wouldn't have told her protector that she was a time-traveller.  But I don't really believe it.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »
I wonder if it was Jeremiah's ghost who placed Sarah's doll and the pins in Angelique's suit case in an attempt to tell Barnabas she was the witch.

Angelique is getting a taste of her own medicine, and by her behavior it's obvious she doesn't like it one bit.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:17:08 AM »
I think that it was Jeremiah who put Sarah's doll and the pins in Angelique's suitcase. [winkg] Even though I think that the ghost of Jeremiah's bandages are silly, I was glad to see him haunting Angelique!  [hall2_grin] She deserved it!

The scene when Angelique saw a blood-stained wedding dress in her reflection was one of the few scenes I remember watching when I originally saw this episode almost 40 years ago.  [hall2_wink]

That last scene, when Jeremiah's ghost was throwing the dirt onto Angelique, was pretty scary!  [hall2_shocked]  Remember the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for"?? [idontknow] Well... Angelique sure didn't heed that, did she!? [shkdg] She lost her control of him, and he had a mind of his own. It makes sense that he would want to take revenge on Angelique, because, indirectly, she was the one responsible for his death.   [hall_angry]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 03:21:40 PM »
That last scene, when Jeremiah's ghost was throwing the dirt onto Angelique, was pretty scary!  [hall2_shocked]  Remember the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for"?? [idontknow] Well... Angelique sure didn't heed that, did she!? [shkdg] She lost her control of him, and he had a mind of his own. It makes sense that he would want to take revenge on Angelique, because, indirectly, she was the one responsible for his death.
But would Jeremiah's ghost necessarily know that?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »
Don't ghosts get to know the true story of things after they die?    Jenny became sane, so it must give you a broader perspective.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 07:38:44 PM »
Don't ghosts get to know the true story of things after they die?    Jenny became sane, so it must give you a broader perspective.

That's my feeling as well, Magnus. Once someone is a ghost, they seem to know everything. Which is why Jeremiah's haunting of Barnabas is so confusing. He should have known the true story of what took place and who caused everything to happen the way it did. But I guess that was because he was under Angelique's influence.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"