Author Topic: Was it Necessary?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Was it Necessary?
« on: June 03, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
Did Jeb really need to go through all that trouble ressurecting four dead bodies and then turn them into zombies just to kidnap little ole Julia??  What happened to Bruno & Sky?  Bruno was dying to make good by Jeb so he would have helped with anything.  I hadn't seen this in so long so I had to laugh when I saw what he was using these zombies for.
Where's Oberan & Haza when you need them?

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

vampire675

Re:Was it Necessary?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 04:37:18 PM »
Yes, Cassandra
I think Jeb was thinking that the army of zombies he was going to raise would be more faithful and follow his orders, unlike his living disciples like Sky and Bruno, who had their own ambitions and would be apt to turn on him, if they saw it would be to their own advantage.

Vampire 675

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 08:06:32 PM »
I agree Cassandra, but then nothing Jeb does suprises me anymore!  I think he just tries to scare people and the scarier, the better.  You're right, he could have just used Bruno or Sky, since they're suppose to be his "faithfull" followers,  or better yet,  he could have just turned into that monster thing and scared everyone off!!

Alot of the things they've done during this storyline make no sense to me anyway.   Was it really necessary to raise up the Sherriff??  What did he use him for?  To keep watch over Maggie, which Im sure anyone could have done, even David & Amy!!!

Deb

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 08:31:05 PM »
Was it really necessary to raise up the Sherriff??  What did he use him for?  To keep watch over Maggie, which Im sure anyone could have done, even David & Amy!!!

Deb

Maybe Davenport's corpse was simply "fresher" than some of the others in the graveyard?  The way they dig up these poor bodies, you'd think they'd post "raise by" freshness dates on the tombstones!  Yucko!!!  [eek]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2003, 08:41:25 PM »
Hello, Cassandra i agree too Jeb probably wanted
some attention just to get his way!
            Love Anne :o
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 08:43:26 PM »
"raise by" freshness dates on the tombstones!"

Brilliant, Happybat!!! [lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 08:52:17 PM »
Did Jeb really need to go through all that trouble ressurecting four dead bodies and then turn them into zombies just to kidnap little ole Julia
Cassandra

Maybe their afraid she had been watching Kung Fu or knew some new fangled Matrix-type moves. . .4 men against one 5'7" woman who weighs less than a stick . .. yeah yeah MACHO MEN or zombies as it were .. .
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 09:41:57 PM »
In 1970, I found the site of Julia knocked out, abducted, and carried off by a covey of zombies to be absolutely horrifying.  As I recall it, it was the Friday cliffhanger, which meant I spent an entire f-ing weekend biting my nails wondering whether she was going to survive, or get turned into zombie-bait by the nefarious Jeb (who I always thought of as "the evil hippie").

Now, of course, whenever this episode airs, I laugh my head off.  How cynical we become.

And of course, I now know the meaning of true eee-vil since every time the camera shows a close-up of lovely and talented Chris Pennock as Jeb, I see the jowls and ears of a drooling hog superimposed over his features.

Took the Mysterious Benefactor to teach me some hard lessons about Life, you see.

Goth