Author Topic: Worst Hair on DS?  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Worst Hair on DS?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2003, 05:54:09 PM »
Hi Julia, she may have gotten caught up in the planning frenzy around the movie, which was about to go into production at this time.  Sam and Gordon wrote it and councils-of-war tended to happen at the Halls apt because it was convenient and, of course, huge.

I think she grew her hair out longer to accommodate the layered-hairpiece look they gave her for the movie, which then continued on for the show.

Steve

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2003, 06:00:02 PM »
I never catch credits......was there an actual "stylist" on this set?  Someone who got paid and credited for all these hairy horrors?  And if so.....WHY?!!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2003, 06:05:56 PM »
If you want a guy's POV (and I suspect you won't once you see my answer), I think Julia's present hair was the absolute worst on DS. If any woman I know ever had to leave the house with her hair looking as bad as Julia's did in episodes #957 & #958, I think it's pretty much a certainly she would have seriously contemplated suicide rather than leave the house! [lghy]

It's still better than her "bed head" do in HoDS.  What was up with that?!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2003, 07:02:45 PM »
Two words. . .

Crazy Jenny

Love, Robin

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 07:16:22 PM »
Two words. . .Crazy Jenny

Well, yes.

But Jenny was Crazy.....and having ones hair styled with an eggbeater sort of goes with the stereotype.  Sabrina's wig was supposed to be an improvement.   [huhb]

And I can't imagine WHAT Bruno's hair was in aid of!  [sure]

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 07:21:27 PM »
Two words. . .

Crazy Jenny

Love, Robin

OMG!!  You're right!!!  How could I forget that hairdo!!!  That was the world's worst out of all of them, LOL!!!    Poor Jenny beats them all out!   It reminded me of the first time I had gotten a perm years ago!   Yeesh!!  Never again!!

Deb

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2003, 07:25:24 PM »
It's still better than her "bed head" do in HoDS.  What was up with that?!

Well, at long last I do believe that mystery has finally been solved. I have it on good authority ([wink2]) that Verne Caruso's inspiration for Julia's HODS 'do came from this Mardi Gras reveler:

(Another great search engine find (see the Cheap insufferable pig day thread on CE/A '03) that I came across quite by accident while looking for something entirely different - but one which I've been saving, just waiting for an opportunity such as this to present itself! (Though it took me longer to remember where I'd put this than it took me to put together everything for CIPD! [lghy]) So, thanks, Midnite - I owe you one! ;))

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2003, 11:25:50 PM »
Sheriff Davenport's hair as it appeared on today's episodes. :o
MM

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2003, 12:52:48 AM »
I think the more difficult question would be - who has good hair on DS right now? Anybody? Everyone's hair looked bad in 1970. I cringe every time I see Jeb Hawkes' mop top because that's pretty much what my hair looked like in the 70's too (except for the color). What were we thinking???

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2003, 08:52:49 PM »
Two words. . .

Crazy Jenny

Actually, I kinda got use to Crazy Jenny's do.  It was so, well, so '80's.  She probably coulda gotten a recording contract had she been around ninety years later.  Can't you just see her video of Crazy Girls Just Wanna Have Fun?

The one do that really bugs my mousse is when Liz starts wearing those gull-darn bows.  She looked good in her original beehive, all regal and such, but when she got her 60's go-go bob, she looked just as nice in a well-since-I'm-no-longer-imprisoned-in-Collinwood-I-might-as-well-go-Goldie-Hawn-in-my-clothing style.  So why did she just hafta ruin the new look but wearing those bows?  Little Lulu looked hipper.

Gerard

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2003, 10:05:51 PM »
 :-[Well, Dr. Lang, we get "too soon old and too late smart" as my Dad used to tell me. The '70's were pretty bad hairwise, but I wasn't real fond of the '60's either. I guess each decade has its style. My goodness! Have you seen some of the "do's" today?? Check out any mall on a Friday night and DS starts to look good!!
                                                           Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2003, 10:12:04 PM »
I swear every girl in my daughter's high school wears her hair the same way....long, parted in the middle, pulled back into a twisted ponytail, held with a scrunchie.  EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.  When they let their hair down, they look exactly like every girl in my 1971 high school yearbook.

There is nothing new under the sun.
Dylan Thomas

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 10:35:49 PM »
LOL!!  MB, That picture is hysterical!!!

Deb

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2003, 04:37:03 AM »
Sheriff Davenport's hair as it appeared on today's episodes. :o

Is it just me, or does Sheriff Davenport look like Alexander with that mop top in the montage? 

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2003, 02:04:16 PM »
Well, as was pointed out, Crazy Jenny was supposed to be crazy so the hair fit the character and was appropriate. Same thing with Davenport. The guy is supposed to be a zombie. It's not like most corpses look too nice for too long.

I think I would have to nominate Bruno "I got a set of hot rollers for Christmas" Hess.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga