Author Topic: Worst Hair on DS?  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Worst Hair on DS?
« on: May 30, 2003, 12:46:13 AM »
Okay. . the departure of Sabrina's gray hair and the arrival of her short short wig begs the question ..who had the worse hair on DS?? My thoughts go to Sabrina of course, Bruno/Aristede, Petofi, Samantha's ringlettes weren't too hot, when Elizabeth wore the bow was bad-overall she had good hair. . other votes. .i know  I must be missing some significant bad hair days. .  :D
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Worst Hair on DS?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 01:28:20 AM »
If you want a guy's POV (and I suspect you won't once you see my answer), I think Julia's present hair was the absolute worst on DS. If any woman I know ever had to leave the house with her hair looking as bad as Julia's did in episodes #957 & #958, I think it's pretty much a certainly she would have seriously contemplated suicide rather than leave the house! [lghy]

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 02:34:33 AM »
i'd say Petofi for a wig and Bruno for real!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 02:44:14 AM »
i'd say Petofi for a wig and Bruno for real!

jennifer

I don't care for Julia's present hairstyle, either.  As for Petofi and Bruno, I would add Barnabas' spikey doo.  I just can't see Barnabas using Dippity Doo every morning and without the benefit of a mirror.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 04:00:38 AM »
"Dippity Doo" - LOL

The absolute worst hair for me has always been Sabrina's bad wig.  It wasn't that bad today, but as time goes by it seems like it is just sitting on top of her head and off to the side.  Always drove me crazy.  [crazd]

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 05:17:23 AM »
Bruno and Vangelique are definitely contenders, and possibly 1840 Roxanne and Julia (occasionally.)

Happy Cheap, Insufferable Pig Day! [lghy]

ProfStokes

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 06:42:48 AM »
I always thought Cassandra's wig was on the verge of tumbling to the floor every time I saw it...  it was not an attractive hairpiece.

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2003, 07:42:27 AM »
If you want a guy's POV (and I suspect you won't once you see my answer), I think Julia's present hair was the absolute worst on DS. If any woman I know ever had to leave the house with her hair looking as bad as Julia's did in episodes #957 & #958, I think it's pretty much a certainly she would have seriously contemplated suicide rather than leave the house! [lghy]

I'll have to agree with this one.  I didn't really consider it a hairdo the other day.  I thought perhaps she was sleeping in the chair all night and that's what she ended up with!
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2003, 09:00:44 AM »
I always thought Cassandra's wig was on the verge of tumbling to the floor every time I saw it...  it was not an attractive hairpiece.

LOL!!  I agree.  It always looked as if it was getting ready to "crawl" away somewhere.

For the males it's a toss up between Count Petofi's rug and Aristede's higher than heaven hairdo. I wonder how many cans of Aqua Net they had to use to get his hair that high?[92a2]

Also didn't  care too much for Amanda's lopsided ponytail.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2003, 09:29:04 AM »
If you want a guy's POV (and I suspect you won't once you see my answer), I think Julia's present hair was the absolute worst on DS.

What's up with Julia's hair these days?  It looked so nice in the beginning of this storyline but now it looks like it needs a good trim.  Perhaps this is when she decided to let it grow out because I think she wears it longer in the next storyline.    And any woman can tell you that there is just nothing worse than that "in between stage" of a hairstyle when you're trying to grow it out.

I also noticed how pale she's been looking lately, very tired or stressed out.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2003, 02:08:51 PM »
Julia's hair has been looking rough in the last couple episodes.  Let's face it, there was a lot of bad hair on this show:  Bruno, Sabrina (both before *and* after), Charity Trask's original 'do, Angelique's Swiss Miss 1840's look, Petofi's mop, Maggie's upsweep that she's currently wearing, Liz's helmet hair, Mrs. Johnson's 'widowed auntie' look and on and on...

I can't decide which was the worst!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2003, 04:25:53 PM »
I'm bummed that nobody has mentioned my honey, Buzz Hackett, here.  How could you neglect that majestic mess o' leather and hairgrease?  Oh, how quickly they forget.

Buzz's mop looks as if he attempted to wash it in beer, failed to rinse properly, and then dumped half a tube of Brylcreem in it and pushed the SPIN button.

Still, he's all man, and all mine!

Vrooming away in a cloud of bikerdust,

Goth

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 05:16:43 PM »
Again I'm going to have to say it's Sabrina's "mock football helmet" hair do.  That's really stylish.......NOT.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2003, 05:31:12 PM »
First of all - from Mrs. J to Count Petofi - all the wigs stink - IMO of course.

As to bad real life hair - as much as I love the guy, Karlen just did not have the body in his wispy locks to pull off those longer late 60's early 70's hair styles.  When he re-appeared at Collinwood the other day I kept having the urge to find a pair of scissors.

I agree about Grayson too.  Going from extremely short to mid-length is a bear. I would think that was especailly true back in the days when you weren't supposed to have one hair out of place.  I'm going through it now but when it looks extra-crappy to me it probably looks like I'm just sporting a kooky new style to the general public.  That's what I call progress!  ;)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2003, 05:48:52 PM »

I also noticed how pale she's been looking lately, very tired or stressed out.

Cassandra

Steve--was she moonlighting during this period or something?   ???She quickly went from ultrachic extraordinaire with the drop waist dresses to the ugly suits now and longer hair. .getting ready for PT Hoffman's ponytale/bun thing?  Or was it cuz DC always preferred her hair longer?  He slapped a wig on her whenever he could it seems. . . :P
Julia99