Author Topic: 2003 Fest info  (Read 11317 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
2003 Fest info
« on: April 23, 2003, 05:46:47 PM »
Re: Dark Shadows Festival 2003 Details Now Available
To: Dark Shadows Fans

"Details on the Dark Shadows 20th Anniversary Festival & Farewell are now available online at www.darkshadowsfestival.com The Festival will be held on Labor Day weekend at the Brooklyn Marriott Hotel. Among several new activities and for the first time ever, the DS actors will reunite to portray their original characters on stage in an exciting new dramatic presentation, 'Return to Collinwood.' You'll discover what happened to Quentin, Angelique and others since DS ended!

Flyers will be sent soon to those on the Dark Shadows Festival mailing list. To be added to the mailing list, email your name and postal mailing address to: pansyfaye@darkshadowsfestival.com

After two decades of annual fan gatherings, this year marks the final full-fledged Festival celebration. It has been a joyous twenty years of welcoming dozens of Dark Shadows alumni along with thousands of fans from all across the United States and beyond. Although interest in DS remains strong - thanks to the video/DVD releases and reruns on the Sci-Fi Channel - the decision has been made to finish the traditional Festival event on this special anniversary occasion with the exciting, first-ever reunion of the original DS actors performing a sequel on stage.

The Dark Shadows Offical Fan Club/Festival will continue to explore the presentation of other DS activities in the future, but we hope you'll be able to join us for this memorable three-day finale in August.

Don't forget to check the Daily Trivia every day on the website to read about what's happening on the episodes shown each weekday on the Sci-Fi Channel.

For up-to-date news on everything concerning Dark Shadows, fans should subscribe to the Official Dark Shadows Online Newsletter, ShadowGram. Send an email to: ShadowGram@aol.com asking to be added to the subscription list."

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re:2003 Fest info
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 05:51:03 PM »
The LAST Fest?? I guess i'll be getting my butt on the subway!! The question is. . . will Frid be there?  If they are gonna do a finale play thing???  And I gotta add (although I'll get more curses and be away from that lovely "69" curse #). . they better have something **good** have happened to Julia or I'll boo!!! And I'm sure the JULIA Mafia (that's what self-stylized ourselves last year) will join in. . . [angrg]
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 07:15:08 PM »
quess i'll have to get my butt there too! why is it the last one?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 07:20:11 PM »
why is it the last one?

jennifer

I'd love to know. I hope we don't have to be bothered with a lot of bullcrap and speculation before we find out the truth - if we ever find out.

no nonsense dom

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 07:22:47 PM »
I hope we don't have to be bothered with a lot of bullcrap and speculation before we find out the truth - if we ever find out.

Now there's a lovely fantasy.  :-*

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 07:33:03 PM »
Now there's a lovely fantasy.  :-*

No kidding! [lol2]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 07:47:40 PM »
Well.....there goes the only chance I'd ever have to meet any of you.  I can't possibly attend this years fest.

I can't even express how sad this makes me.  :-[

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 08:23:27 PM »
Well.....there goes the only chance I'd ever have to meet any of you.

Not necessarily. They did say:

The Dark Shadows Offical Fan Club/Festival will continue to explore the presentation of other DS activities in the future

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
[bawl] I must say how terribly rotten this is!  First, the Fest dates are changed on us, causing fewer people to be able to attend, then the Fests are ended completely, preventing anyone from having another chance. I had friends who were already making plans for Festival 2004; now those plans have no meaning.  I have no idea what could prompt the committee to cease the Festivals, but I am crushed.  These events had become as important to me as Christmas or my birthday, perhaps even more.  Some of my happiest memories and dearest friendships come from the Festivals.  I can't believe this news. [bawling2]

ProfStokes
 :'( [cryg] [cryb]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 08:36:23 PM »
My first thought has to be that the performers had some input into the decision to make this the final Fest.  And if that is the case, then we can hardly blame them for wanting to give it a rest, after all these years.  There are no youngsters in that crowd....and much as they might appreciate the love and affection of the fans....it must be an exhausting weekend, especially for those who have to travel to the opposite coast.  Nor can it be easy to just say "No thanks, not this year" when they know how many of us are hoping to see THEM in particular every year.

If that's the case, then I can accept the decision to make this their last farewell to their loyal fans.  Those performers who have made it to most if not all of the fests have certainly been loyal in return.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 08:44:40 PM »
I have no words.  The fest has been part of my life since I was a little grl and it was just always accepted that I would go to the fest every year to see friends and travel....This is strange.  I'm still denying it in my head.   ???

wow.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2003, 08:57:56 PM »
I'm quite sure that as long as the surviving cast members are willing to show up, there will continue to be DS fan events around the country.  There's been an event that's been happening every year around Halloween at Lockwood Mathews House in Norwalk, CT for several years now, for instance.

I also think it might be fun for fans to think of getting together just to socialize and share the weirdness that is DS.  That, for me, is why I kept going back.

The NYC Festivals have turned into cattle calls in recent years.  I would prefer something a little more intimate and low-key, myself.

Gothick

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 09:03:52 PM »
Hmmm....does this mean fans are going to come looking for people like OUR beloved Midnite and MB and Dom to help fill the void?

I think that thud was just Midnite falling out of her chair.

Sorry dear, but the possibility suddenly jumps to mind.
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2003, 09:37:20 PM »
The LAST Fest?? I guess i'll be getting my butt on the subway!! The question is. . . will Frid be there?  If they are gonna do a finale play thing???  And I gotta add (although I'll get more curses and be away from that lovely "69" curse #). . they better have something **good** have happened to Julia or I'll boo!!! And I'm sure the JULIA Mafia (that's what self-stylized ourselves last year) will join in. . . [angrg]

Dream on, J99. I'd say that chances of them even including the characters of Barn and Julia in their little skit are remote, except as objects of humor such as they have been in the past. I'd guess that Angelique and Quentin will be the stars of this little show.

Don't mind me guys. I'm just really bummed out about this because it really looks as though I won't be able to get to NY this year and I had been consoling myself with the knowledge that the Fest would be on the west coast next year.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2003, 09:41:04 PM »
I also think it might be fun for fans to think of getting together just to socialize and share the weirdness that is DS.  That, for me, is why I kept going back.

The NYC Festivals have turned into cattle calls in recent years.  I would prefer something a little more intimate and low-key, myself.

That is a wonderful suggestion Steve, and I wholeheartedly agree. The people that I have met are the only reason that I look forward to the Fests. I just hope that if it happens, it won't always be on the east coast.

Bette
Life works if you let it