Author Topic: Chris Jennings, Were-STUD  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Chris Jennings, Were-STUD
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 03:47:28 PM »
Sheenasma, I wish I could see that cigarette commercial.  I believe there's a Dial soap one with Briscoe barechested and soapy in the shower on a tape somewhere.  I turn into the Beast from Outer Space just thinking about this.

And Julia, darling, you know how to make a boy SMILE with your rewrite of that Julia/Grant scene.  Sometimes I think when Grant screams at her "Just what do you WANT, Doctor???" I imagine her crooning deliciously, "I just want to take care of you, sweetie!"

Connie's story, Divine Awakening, develops the Julia/Quentin relationship potential sooo beautifully. And even more beautiful, of course, is Quentin/Barnabas--that's definitely one for the rotogravure.

Gothick

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 08:05:24 PM »
Hmmm...all this talk has me VERY curious about the contents of volume 136.  I think I shall have to make a trip to my local video store and rent that volume!

Regards,

John

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 08:41:15 PM »
Well, the vol. 136 shows will be aired on Sci Fi in a week or so, so only bother if you don't get the channel.

I believe the first episode on this tape was the longest episode in DS history, guest starring the fabulous Marsha Mason and a gent whose name escapes me, but who appeared on some other show or movie quite recently.

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2003, 08:52:38 PM »
guest starring ... a gent whose name escapes me, but who appeared on some other show or movie quite recently.

I believe that's Minja's cue.  :)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2003, 09:15:11 PM »

Connie's story, Divine Awakening, develops the Julia/Quentin relationship potential sooo beautifully. And even more beautiful, of course, is Quentin/Barnabas--that's definitely one for the rotogravure.

Gothick

speaking of which i got up to the end where Julia has some news Connie. Is there any more?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2003, 03:02:42 AM »
Well, the vol. 136 shows will be aired on Sci Fi in a week or so, so only bother if you don't get the channel.

Oh, Gothick!

You, like Mia Farrow (according to Michelle Phillips), are always the one with the good ideas!  ;)

Regards,

John

Connie

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2003, 08:29:18 AM »
...speaking of which i got up to the end where Julia has some news Connie. Is there any more?

Hi jennifer  [wavey]

The next two chapters (30 & 31) have been posted if you want 'em.

http://members.aol.com/superevan/page30.html

[winkb]

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2003, 12:34:55 PM »
Gothick wrote
I believe the first episode on this tape was the longest episode in DS history, guest starring the fabulous Marsha Mason and a gent whose name escapes me, but who appeared on some other show or movie quite recently.
Midnite wrote
I believe that's Minja's cue.

Yes, that would be Neil Simon![smrtasy]

J/K!!![wink2]  Now y'all get this straight this time cuz I'm only gonna repeat this one more time, for the umpteenth time. [deal2] The gent Gothick is referring to is Aldar the Leviathan played by Pierrino Mascarino who also played Thelonius the monk in the first season of Buffy in the episode I Robot ,You Jane. There ya go!  Carry on![6283][/color]

Always, Minja [chrmb][/color]

[vryevl]Ahem, y'all are having way too much fun with this.[poke2]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2003, 03:12:58 PM »
...speaking of which i got up to the end where Julia has some news Connie. Is there any more?

Hi jennifer  [wavey]

The next two chapters (30 & 31) have been posted if you want 'em.

http://members.aol.com/superevan/page30.html

[winkb]

thanks Connie just bookmarked them will read when i get back from the mines at 12am!glass of wine,your story,can't wait.... :-*

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2003, 07:16:32 PM »
OT

The gent Gothick is referring to is Aldar the Leviathan played by Pierrino Mascarino who also played Thelonius the monk in the first season of Buffy in the episode I Robot ,You Jane.

A monk named Thelonius-- Oh those wacky Buffy writers!

And sorry for the off-topic, but does anyone else think it was hardly an acccident that the latest Big Bad on Buffy is named Caleb, same as the vampire on Port Charles (which boasts 2 "vampire slayers")? [lghy]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2003, 07:20:50 PM »
I don't know from Port Charles.....but I did wonder: who used the name Zander first...."Buffy" or "General Hospital"?

Thelonius the Monk.......snort!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2003, 09:10:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure Buffy's Xander came before GH's Zander.  But I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah, Midnite - you have to wonder if the Caleb thing was a sort of wink, wink, nudge, nudge at Port Charles::)

And now Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dark Shadows have yet another thing in common, a smarmy preacher who sublimates his sexual urges with violence towards women.  If only Buffy and the Scoobies could get Barnabas to brick Caleb up behind a wall in that winery he's holed up in... [8311]
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2003, 09:31:34 PM »
Caleb is played by the luscious Nathan Fillion, who played the Captain on Firefly, a Joss Whedon series I'd love to see get off the ground again.

I have not been able to catch Fillion's appearances on BTVS, unfortunately.  I just adore his mouth, though.  mmmmmmm

purring provocatively,

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2003, 10:10:59 PM »
Caleb is played by the luscious Nathan Fillion, who played the Captain on Firefly, a Joss Whedon series I'd love to see get off the ground again.

To me he's the real Joey Buchanan who had an affair with Dorian and not the fake one that OLTL has now.

I have not been able to catch Fillion's appearances on BTVS, unfortunately.  I just adore his mouth, though.  mmmmmmm

Another Buffy alum makes Gothy purr-- the fab Fabrizio Filippo.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2003, 11:19:22 PM »

I was beginning to think I was the only person who actually liked that show. It's nice to see I'm not. But, sadly, I think we've all seen the last of Firefly. :(

FYI, another from Firefly, Gina Torres, is now the Big Bad on Angel.