Author Topic: Tate Creations  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Tate Creations
« on: March 08, 2003, 08:41:23 AM »
What I've never understood about Tate's "talent" is that when he draws the vase, it immediately appears before him.  When he draws the man, there he is.  So, how come when he drew Amanda, she appeared on a street somewhere and proceeded to live for two years before he accidentally encountered her?

And, how did she get her name or any knowledge of how to live in this world?  Look how puzzled the man is.  Aside from not remembering her past, she seems to have managed to get along rather well.
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Tate Creations
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 08:48:33 AM »
You know what they say...girls mature faster than boys. (lol) ;)

Connie

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 12:09:49 PM »
You know what they say...girls mature faster than boys. (lol) ;)

ROFL!!!  Exactly.

Funny funny funny.

-CLC
(Still not bothered by Amanda)  [hdscrt]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 02:24:20 PM »
And here's another thing.  So he paints a portrait of the perfect woman contained within his mind.  Voila!  She appears.  (Of course, there are all the problems Josette brought up.)  He figures out he has the ability to do that.  Well, low and behold, he tries to pursue her and it turns out that she's not only not interested in him, but everyone else, from Tim Shaw to Gregory Trask and now Quentin already are ahead of him in line to get their hands on her brush-strokes.  Does Tate give up?  No.  He keeps trying to woo her and just ends up more frustrated, causing him to touch that hair of his in what today would be diagnosed as obsessive-compulsive behavior.  So.............why doesn't he just paint himself up another Amanda?  As a matter of fact, why doesn't he scribble up a pile of thousand-dollar greenbacks while he's at it?  Heck, go for the gold - get out those brushes and whip up a nice Newport-style mansion, a staff of servants and even throw in a luxury sailing yacht.  Then he and Amanda 2 can live happily ever after.

Gerard (Who's also wondering why Petofi is going through all this stuff to escape the Gypsies, when all he has to do is wave his hand in front of his face and give himself a totally different look.)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 05:15:47 PM »
Gerard,

Your points are all so well taken.  Why doesn't "CDT" whip up all of those fabulous items that you discussed?

Heck, why doesn't "CDT" just conjure up (via his canvas) a scenario where he's the star of "Joe Millionaire" or "The Bachelor"?

Bob the Bartender, aspiring contestant on the new "Star Search"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2003, 04:14:54 AM »
Well the man  thoughts are twisted if she is the perfect woman[bow]

jennifer
Good Luck Bob!Should i ask what do you sing?
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 02:02:44 AM »
 ::) The possibilities are endless. He could paint a chest of jewels; a pile of cash; the best transportation in town; Why is he wasting his time chasing Amanda? Jeez! I'd have the paints and canvases lined up!
                                                                     Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 12:30:50 AM »
What I've never understood about Tate's "talent" is that when he draws the vase, it immediately appears before him.  When he draws the man, there he is.  So, how come when he drew Amanda, she appeared on a street somewhere and proceeded to live for two years before he accidentally encountered her?

And, how did she get her name or any knowledge of how to live in this world?  Look how puzzled the man is.  Aside from not remembering her past, she seems to have managed to get along rather well.

During conversation with Tim, Tate reveals that 10 yrs ago he painted a picture in Paris and that person came to life.
What happened to him?

Ms. Hoffman

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 12:43:57 AM »
During conversation with Tim, Tate reveals that 10 yrs ago he painted a picture in Paris and that person came to life.
What happened to him?

Ms. Hoffman

He grew up to become a nightly talk show host on CNN at 9:00.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 04:12:35 AM »
All these ideas about what DDT there could have painted are inspired and brilliant.

The problem, guys, is that you're all smart and sane and normal and DDT . . . well, he's not  8)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 03:22:29 PM »
What happened to him?

Ms. Hoffman

He grew up to become a nightly talk show host on CNN at 9:00.

LARRY Tate?? wasn't he Darren Steven's boss???
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 09:23:41 PM »
LARRY Tate?? wasn't he Darren Steven's boss???

EXACTLY!! [lol3]

And by the way, why are we calling Tate DDT?  Isn't that a spray-on chemical?

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 06:15:14 PM »
Okay, this is not the official answer because as we all know there is no answer.  But if I were one of the writers being grilled about these details I might say something like this: The vase and the guy appeared where they did because that's where Tate envisioned them when he was drawing/painting.  When he was working on Amanada's portrait, he was (perhaps) either concisously or unconciously imaging her on the streets of New York - and in much more vivid detail than poor old Ray Romano's clone - for whom he didn't even bother to imagine a language.  Typical case of CDT insensitivity if you ask me  [bawling2].
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad