Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0121  (Read 774 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0121
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0121
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »
Henesy is playing his scenes deadpan. The kid rules this episode. The dialogue has me in stitches every time I hear it.
Mrs. Johnson still searching for her butts, grills the kid and he comes back with, “Are you supposed to be smoking while you’re working?” I love it! And when she starts in on him later, he tells her to quit bugging him.

This is totally one of my favorite bits:
David: Does he (the sheriff) have any clues? 
Mrs. J: When the cannery whistle blows at noon, he knows it's lunch--that to him is a clue, and accounts for the size of him.
Later with the sheriff:
David: What does it mean when the cannery whistle blows? 
Sheriff: Lunch? 
David: That's right.
Sheriff: Why did you ask?
David: Oh, no reason. I was just wondering.
Shrewd little operator that he is, David goes about getting the sheriff to fork over information.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:21:07 AM »
Great stuff, Janet! And David's aunt Elizabeth makes him dress up for dinner--good for her!

Ever the optimist, Mrs. Johnson tells Elizabeth, "They'll never find Vicki alive, not with crazy Matthew running around loose." But she has more on her mind than the possible death of a fellow human being. Suspecting that David has swiped her cigarettes, she makes him show her his fingers, but he's no Huck Finn.

Matthew talks about "ghosts to be." *shiver*

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:33:25 AM »
Take 2, for ep 121!  121 and 122 sort of run together on my disc, so sorry if my remarks cross into ep 122.   Yes, David's smartassedness with the sheriff is fun.   George Patterson seems to think that Matthew could be "anywhere, or everywhere"!   Well, I doubt very much that he's everywhere...   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:37:47 AM »
Yeah, the same kind of expertise that we saw in Plan Nine from Outer Space. The inspector's been murdered and one thing's for certain. Someone's responsible. Ya think?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 04:28:36 AM »
Matthew returns to find David who thinks he heard a ghost and Matthew agrees. Mrs. J who prior to her stay at the mansion stated she did not believe in ghosts, but now she has changed her tune and tells Mrs. Stoddard that the widows call Vickies name at night.  Then she berates the sheriff for being incompetent.
It's really a shame that she wasn't in every episode
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 12:00:24 PM »
Poor. poor David.  He spends his life worrying about going to going to jail – first for the bleeder valve business and now for aiding and abetting Matthew.  He doesn't learn a) you should think about the possibility of jail before you commit criminal acts, and b) he doesn't need to worry because his Aunt Elizabeth will always get him off the hook.

When they were talking at Collinwood about the chances that Vicky was still alive, I had a happy vision of a legend growing up around the late Vicky: “There was a governess...but she died...and her body was never found...and now, her ghost [fill in your creepy story of choice].”  I think Alexandra Moltke would make a lovely ghost.

I'm loving the Old House these days.  It's such an wonderfully atmospheric derelict.