Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0118  (Read 1081 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0118
« on: January 04, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0118
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
Josette picks the wrong moment to make her portrait glow. By the time Burke turns to look at it, her batteries (or whatever) have worn out and portrait is dark again.

Nice work by Thayer David in these eps.!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »
May we legitimately welcome the Old House staircase in this episode?   At some point, Joe's calling "Devlin!" and Burke pops into the drawing room from a direction that could only be from a door at the base of the staircase.   To get to this room after entering the front door of the Old House, you'd hang a right immediately, just before reaching the staircase.   We may already know that there's no door and no room there, but there really should be.   That staircase isn't on the far right side of the front of the house, it's in the middle.   There's a certain quantity of unexplained house there.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »
Matthew gags Vickie and ties her up wihich is probably her best chance at survival as she just doesn't know when to shut up or at least humor people she doesn't agree with.
Burke and Joe get Roger's guns. It is hard to picture Roger having guns and why hasn't David been playing with them?
This seems to be the first massive search through the woods that has been shown onscreen. We do not see the sheriff with his twelve men because this is a Dan Curtis world in which only a few people are allowed to exist at any given time.
Josette glows, but not at the right time. One would think that she'd have this ghost thing down after one hundred and thirty years.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
I don't find it at all hard to picture Roger as a gun owner. Maybe David has been too busy with his ghost friends to bother with his father's gun cabinet--and anyway, you can't shoot a ghost.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
Josette picks the wrong moment to make her portrait glow. By the time Burke turns to look at it, her batteries (or whatever) have worn out and portrait is dark again.
I've never thought that the portrait ran out of ectoplasmic energy; rather I figured Josette didn't want Burke to see the ghostly glow - and now I'm wondering if it was significant that it was Burke who was in the room.

At some point, Joe's calling "Devlin!" and Burke pops into the drawing room from a direction that could only be from a door at the base of the staircase.   To get to this room after entering the front door of the Old House, you'd hang a right immediately, just before reaching the staircase.   We may already know that there's no door and no room there, but there really should be.   That staircase isn't on the far right side of the front of the house, it's in the middle.   There's a certain quantity of unexplained house there.
It's the ballroom, I tell you.  And there's a pair of ghosts who are making that ballroom appear and disappear.  And sometime in 1971 those ghosts will threaten the future of the whole Collins family, and the present-day Collinses will know a terror greater than they have ever known before.  Just you wait and see.

We got more geographical information today.  Now we have a route - incomplete albeit - from the great house to the Old House: past the greenhouse, through a clump of trees, over the broken fence, and then it's about a quarter of mile to the Old House.  Meanwhile, Joe said that the Collinwood property extends for miles.  I find this hard to believe, even if there was a farm that Matthew was supposed to be tending in his spare time.

I thought, as Matthew gagged Vicky, "You should never wear a scarf: someone might use it to gag you.  You should always wear a scarf: you'll need it to hide the marks if a vampire bites you."  Decisions, decisions.  My other thought, whenever I see somebody being gagged, is: what if you gag somebody who has a cold?  You could suffocate the gaggee.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »
I thought, as Matthew gagged Vicky, "You should never wear a scarf: someone might use it to gag you.  You should always wear a scarf: you'll need it to hide the marks if a vampire bites you."  Decisions, decisions.

LOL!   I remember in PT, W Loomis kept an ascot available by the front door to grab at a moment's notice!  And welcome back!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »
Thanks, Magnus!