Author Topic: ** BIG CHANGES COMING FOR THE NEW YEAR **  (Read 22690 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ** BIG CHANGES COMING FOR THE NEW YEAR **
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
I just want to say that I love the fact that we have a still of Angelique's portrait as today's image.  It's like she's watching over all of us!  How cool would it be to have different portraits "hung" around the site?  Our own guardian ghosts!  I wonder how many portraits could be featured as the main image before they would have to repeat... 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2012, 04:17:56 AM »
You may already be aware that the backgrounds have already changed for August:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_8.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_8.jpg

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_8.jpg

But if your browser hasn't cooperated, you definitely need to clear your browser's cache ASAP.  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »
If you're someone who has a cooperative browser, then you already know that several hours ago the backgrounds were changed for September:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_9.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_9.jpg
(Notice how this month's background includes a deleted scene. And also, the reason why Quentin's dream is a part of this month's background is because the scenes come up based on the script and not the way they appear in NoDS as it was released.)

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_9.jpg

But if your browser didn't cooperated, you'll need to clear your browser's cache ASAP.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 12:00:02 AM »
I finally had the chance to see the September theme today.  WOW.  Am I adoring the Original Series theme!  Just some great stuff.

Thanks, MB!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »
As I'm sure you've noticed, October has brought with it a Halloween Theme for the forum. And this year we have a new theme for Halloween because our old theme only worked with SMF 1.1 and we're now using SMF 2.0. And I can't take too much credit for the new version because I simply downloaded an exiting theme from SMF's Web site and made slight modifications (making a different logo, adding the DS slideshows, tweaking a few colors, etc.) to make it more DS friendly. Though perhaps when I get more time I might make a few more changes.  [hall2_wink]

And anyone missing the Midnight Storm Theme need not fear that they're missing any October backgrounds for the original series, movies, or the the '91 DS because I won't be making any this year. In fact, anyone who might switch back to that theme (and you know who you are  [hall2_wink]) will discover that the only background/logo that comes up is the one for the DS film in honor of the release of the DVD/Blu-ray this month. Well, unless their browser doesn't cooperate and they don't clear out their browsers cache - in which case they'll continue to see the outdated backgrounds for September.  [hall2_grin]

Happy Halloween!!  [BOO]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2012, 05:01:47 AM »
I am just now noticing at the bottom of the "page" (I really don't know what else to call it). there are four links that read, respectively, "Home," "Button One," "Button Two," "Button Three."

I'm sure the significance of these was explained somewhere, but I missed it.

Do I dare to click any of them?  What if one activates the dreaded "Forty Ninth Hexagram" application and I suddenly find myself in 1795 having tea with Reverend Trask????

just ... plain ... SCARED,

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »
I noticed them last night for the very first time, and I too am very afraid, very, very afraid...

I thought maybe they were for admins only, but I guess not. I am guessing that they are custom short cuts (links) to favorite or frequented boards.

I'll click on one if you will.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 03:35:17 PM »
dom honey, your new avatar is FABULOUS.  We love Liz with the giant tower of hair!  I bet she kept Naomi's missing jewels in there... lol.

hugs,  T.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »
I am guessing that they are custom short cuts (links)

I'm also guessing that the person who originally put together the Halloween Theme added those buttons so that knowledgeable admins could customize them. But I've never gotten around to doing that, and the only thing all three currently do is send one back to the forum's Home page, just like the extra Home link does.  [hall2_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
Sadly Halloween has disappeared into the mists for another year and with it the new Halloween Theme, so the forum has returned to the Midnight Storm Theme. And members will no doubt note that the only background and logo coming up is still just for the Depp/DS film. That's because I haven't had the chance to make new backgrounds for November for the original series, the original film (NoDS), and the '91 DS - but hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »
Wow, the new themes are gorgeous!  I love the shot of Carolyn and Julia from one of my favorite '67 episodes!

and Count Petofi, too!

cheers, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »
Yes, the new backgrounds for November were posted yesterday as promised, but I didn't get the chance to get screen caps of them to post. However, here they are:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_11.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_11.jpg
(Notice that this month's background also includes a deleted scene. And also, the reason why Quentin's vision of Charles pursuing Rev Strak on horseback is a part of this month's background is once again because the scenes come up based on the script and not the way they appear in NoDS as it was released.)

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_11.jpg

But if your browser didn't cooperated and you're only still seeing the background for the Depp/DS film, you'll need to clear your browser's cache ASAP.  [hall2_wink]

I love the shot of Carolyn and Julia from one of my favorite '67 episodes!

Yes, I love that scene, too - as well as the one between Julia and Nicholas from 1968. And, of course, how could I not include the infamous "Gloria" Winters blooper?!  [hall2_grin]

And the NoDS background includes two of my absolute favorite Carlotta scenes.  [hall2_wink]
(No matter how many times I see NoDS, I can never get over of the gall Carlotta displays when she tells Tracy that perhaps she doesn't belong. But that's a discussion for a NoDS topic...)

and Count Petofi, too!

But of course - our dear Count hasn't missed a background since he came on the scene in 1897. Though Amanda fans are probably inconsolable that she didn't make the cut this month. But there's always the hope that Olivia will make it into the background for December.  [hall2_grin]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
Love the shot of Lara as Miranda.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2012, 03:04:30 AM »
MB, if I'm remembering that Carlotta scene correctly, at the beginning of it Carlotta has just come in with fresh flowers for the vase in front of Angelique's portrait.  That's a subtle touch that I love.

Perhaps Olivia can be glimpsed next month in the scene where Julia recalls having seen Olivia on stage in NYC, and we ponder the irony of such a poised actress as Grayson Hall feeding a line like that to "Olivia Corey."  (but I'm not bitter)

The Carolyn/Burke shot is fab, too...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:05 AM »
A reminder that I didn't think of until just now: if you're not seeing the backgrounds for February, then you need to clear your browser's cache.  [snow_wink]