Author Topic: ** BIG CHANGES COMING FOR THE NEW YEAR **  (Read 22725 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: ** BIG CHANGES COMING FOR THE NEW YEAR **
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
All of that stuff is still easily available:

With the new display layout, look down at the bottom of the light gray box on the left which shows your username, avatar, etc. and click on the "Show Posts" link to see all your posts - and click on the "Show Stats" link to see your general stats, the posting activity by time" bar graph, and the most popular boards by posts and activity lists.

However the old display and the old way of accessing everything is still also available. If you click on the two arrow heads to the far right of the Profile Info/Modify Profile/Actions drop-down menus, everything will go back to the way it was in SMF 1.1. And this is true wherever you see those two arrow heads to the far right of any of the drop-down menus.  [snow_smiley]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »
There are NO "Show Posts" and "Show Stats" links on my Profile Page. I don't have a "light gray box", it's a "blue box". All the links that I can click on are under "Modify Profile". They are: "Account Settings", "Forum Profile", "Look and Layout", "Notifications", "Personal Messaging", and "Buddies/Ignore List". (Of course, there is also another place I can click on, under "Actions" to "Delete this account" but I don't want to do that.) [snow_wink] There must be something wrong with my Profile Page. It seems to be "stuck" on the "Modify Profile" page. My regular Profile Page doesn't come up. Is there something you can do to fix it? I hope so...
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »
At first I was very confused because Midnite and I can see your summary page when we go to your profile and we can also see our own summary pages when we go to our own profiles. But  then it struck me that sometimes we can see things that regular members can't. I couldn't imagine why SMF would have created a new permission to allow or disallow members from seeing their own summary pages - but I was wrong because sure enough, when I just went to check the permissions for regular members, there is indeed a new permission in SMF 2.0 exactly like that.  [snow_undecided]  However, I've now set it so that everyone should be able to see their summary pages.  [snow_smiley]  And I'm sorry that checking permissions didn't occur to me earlier. Though who knows why a permission like that even needs setting in the first place?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
Hooray! [clap2] My profile pages are back!  [snow_cheesy] Thank you, MB! [thumb]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 08:53:06 PM »
Another photo theme for Jan.??  I am intrigued!

It wasn't really just for January because what I was alluding to is the forum logo/background for the Depp/DS film. Back then I was working on the forum logo, and I liked how it was turning out, but I was simply taking the fonts from the sign on Frid's dressing room door, the wrap party ticket, and the film crews' hoodies. They certainly make it seem as if the same fonts that were used for the original show will be used for the film - but once they began developing the posters (which one can only hope they are doing) who knows if that's what they'll go with or decide to go in a different direction. And I was also hoping to possibly get a better image of Collinwood to work with (rather than the fan photos which only provide the limited view of the outdoor set) and to possibly also get some screen captures from a trailer for the background. But as no poster/trailer has been forthcoming and probably won't be for possibly close to a month or more, I decided to give up waiting and to work with what we do have. After all, no one says I can't do another forum logo/background for the film somewhere down the road.  [snow_wink]

So anyway, here's the forum logo for the film:

and here's the background:

Click for larger image: Depp-Burton_movie_1.jpg

It is always a delight to see your screenshots showing how these appear on your own computer.  I can only get part of the "marginalia" as I could the side-strips to show on both my office and home computers.  I know if I changed the settings I could make it work but I don't have the patience to fuss with the settings...

It's actually possible to adjust a browser's display by using the CTRL key with either the + key or the - key. And the best thing is that it doesn't affect the way your browser displays any other Web sites that you might visit.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Once again if your browser cooperated, you're already aware that the backgrounds have already changed for March:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_3.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_3.jpg

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_3.jpg

But if your browser didn't cooperate, then you need to clear your browser's cache.  [snow_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 05:38:20 AM »
LOVE the original series and hoDS theme for this month.  Those are some great captures, beautifully arranged.

Thank you again for all the time and energy you put into making this such a beautiful place to visit.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 11:30:28 PM »
And of course again if your browser cooperated, you're already aware that the backgrounds have already changed for April:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_4.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_4.jpg

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_4.jpg

Though if your browser didn't cooperate, then you need to clear your browser's cache.  [easter_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 03:27:15 AM »
Those are wonderful selections!

Original series:  Ah, I'm delighted you included Stokes giving his learned (and rather fussy) opinion of Barnabas' drawing room furniture.  Always a favorite scene.  And Quentin about to give Beth a taste of *the tongue*! 

hoDS:  So many wonderful shots of the Divine One this month!

1991:  Love Babs Steele in the specs!

Great work all around!

Thanks, G.

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 04:16:08 AM »
Very, very cool selection of pictures! Especially like the Barbara Blackburn shot. And the bunnies are a nice touch. [easter_cheesy]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »
And if your browser cooperated, once again you're already aware that the backgrounds have already changed for May:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_5.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_5.jpg

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_5.jpg

But if your browser didn't cooperate, then you need to clear your browser's cache.  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:23 PM »
If your browser cooperated, you've been aware for almost 24 hours already that the backgrounds have already changed for June:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_6.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_6.jpg

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_6.jpg

But if your browser didn't cooperate, well, then you certainly need to clear your browser's cache.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
Simply stunning!  You know how I love that scene with Hoffman and AngelExis from PT 1970.

"I HATE having to take orders from HER!"

"Now Julia... we are playing a war of nerves..."

Sublime.  Parker and Hall played off one another so brilliantly in those scenes...

G.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 06:35:43 AM »
Ah! ♥ The scene from Jamison's dream of David's last birthday! One of my favorite moments in the series! ♥ If only Violet Welles had been with the show longer!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
If you've had a cooperative browser, then you've been aware since last night that the backgrounds have already changed for July:

The original series:

Click for larger image: original_series_7.jpg

The original movies:

Click for larger image: original_movies_7.jpg

And the '91 series:

Click for larger image: 91_series_7.jpg

But if your browser didn't cooperate, well, then you definitely need to clear your browser's cache ASAP.  [ghost_wink]