Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0062  (Read 770 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0062
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0062
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
I LOLed at Roger's expressions, as he talked to Vicki.   He alternated between "charming" and mean, depending on whether she was looking at him that second!   I like how Vicki almost laughs out loud at his transparent attempt to get her to Florida...   But if his words and behavior are so plainly meant to cover up guilt, doesn't she at this point decide Roger must be a manslaughterer or murderer, or both?   That wouldn't make me smile to myself, and think, "There goes ol' guilty Roger again"... it would stop being amusing.   She's living in the same house with him.

Maybe she's worked his Florida offer into her developing conspiracy theory about people doing anything to keep the secret of her origins...!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »
Louis Edmonds does a fine job of making me hate Roger’s guts.

And Vicki has gotten herself into it by telling Rog all about her evening at the Evans’ cottage. And not only does she tell him Burke was there, but that she told Burke about Bill coming to Collinwood and having a heated argument with Roger. Girl…
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:02 AM »
It's unclear to me what Vicki thinks of Roger at this point other than he'd like to get her out of Collinwood for whatever reason. I do think she likes Burke and wants to believe him, but on the other hand she has her loyalty to her employers, the great Collins family. Maybe she WOULD be better off going to Florida, or back to New York. Anywhere where she didn't find herself stuck in the middle.

Burke seems to believe that Sam is at least innocent of any wrongdoing in Malloy's death, but made it clear to him he won't let him off the hook for not coming forward in his manslaughter case. Well, being a suspected perjurer is a lot better than being suspected of murder at this point.

I think Burke would really rather want to hang Roger for Malloy's death anyway.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:08:46 AM »
I think Vicky may be a classic spy story character, like a Mary Sue in a fan fiction, but I don't know the word for it.  You've got Spy A and Spy B, telling all the world they're on opposite sides, while all the time, unbeknownst to all but themselves, they're on the same side.  They can't meet lest somebody see them and learn their deep dark secret.  So they pass messages via an unsuspecting third party because the unsuspecting third party - call her, for argument's sake, Vicky - can't keep her mouth shut to save her life, and Spy A - call him, for argument's sake, Roger - knows that whatever he tells Vicky will be told to Spy B, and Spy B - call him, for argument's sake, Burke - knows that whatever he tells Vicky will told to Spy A.  Clearly Roger and Burke conspired together to kill Bill Malloy and are now conspiring together to drive Sam Evans mad.  The motive has not been revealed yet, but I'm patient.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
The beginning, at least, of your scenario sounds more like The Shop Around the Corner than a spy story.  [ghost_grin] But I can see where you're going with it.

Vicki may be incredibly naive and way too talkative, but she is totally unintimidated by Roger, even when (or maybe) because he grabs her by the arm to make her talk to him. All Sam can do is waffle about how meaningless life is.