Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0053  (Read 1312 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0053
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0053
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:45:44 AM »
This kid and his studying skills have me in stitches. Vicki explains how rivers provide a means of transportation--for people--and for commerce--you can move almost anything by water. Even a dead man? David asks. LOL! What a one track mind this kid has.

First mention of George.
My theory of what happened to Constable Jonas Carter:
Jonas receives a parcel via the mail. He holds it to his ear to see if it’s ticking. It is not. He carefully opens the package. There is a letter. Block letters cut out of an ad. “LEAVE COLLINSPORT OR ELSE”. Inside the box is a jar of mustard.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 01:55:45 AM »
 [rofl10], JtW!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
We get a little more of Matthew's back story. It turns out he worked for Elizabeth's father (that would be Jamison) in the fleet before going ashore and sweeping the stinking floors in the stinking cannery for stinking decades before Elizabeth rescued him--big dramatic pause here--eighteen years ago.

And a nice little note about Bill: He used to watch the fleet go out every morning, but today was the first time he didn't.

Poor Vicki--I suppose today we would call David's lesson on rivers a teachable moment.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »
I felt bad for Elizabeth when Matthew admitted that yes, there was a body, and yes, it was Bill Malloy.  Even though it was obvious that something serious must have happened to dependable Bill, she had to have been hoping that it would all turn out well.  At this point in the series, death is pretty final.  And Liz was so happy when she said good morning to David!

When Elizabeth caught David eavesdropping, she said "You know better than to listen at doors!"  Since when?

Elizabeth called Constable Carter by his first name, indicating familiarity, and now she calls the new sheriff by his first name, indicating familiarity.  I'm having trouble keeping up.

Meanwhile Vicky's having trouble keeping up with David, even though he stays in the same place: fixated on dead people.  If he's interested in dead people on rivers, she should have him read Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
I think that Elizabeth's first-name basis with the local constabulary is just an example of her high status as Mistress of Collinwood. They might even have been in grade school together, for all we know.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
Vickie states in the voiceover that Collinwood is now her home.  The foundling home and New York must have been really awful if she so readily takes this strange place as her home.   Her interactions that we see with the people of her past don't appear all that bad, although she does have some rather awful remembrance of some that she retells from memory.
David seems to be gleeful in bringing up that Vickie was screaming in the night as she tries to deflect his questions.  He then states among all his other references to death, that he will kill anyone who harms his aunt.  I seem to recall that [spoiler]in an earlier episode David killed something he loved.[/spoiler]
David does inform Vickie that he will attend her funeral.  Yes, Vickie would be well advised to have David read all the books that were ripped off by the writers of DS and base her lesson plans on that, if she has lesson plans.  
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »
I want Liz's houndstooth shawl.

David to Vicki (about Liz):  "If anybody tried to hurt her, I'd kill them."
Another suspect?

Vicki's dress was too long, David's pants were too short (or maybe it was the white socks?), but Joe's tight pants and chest-hugging sweater were just right.  [ghost_happy]

I seem to recall that [spoiler]in an earlier episode David killed something he loved.[/spoiler]

Oh gosh, what am I forgetting?

David does inform Vickie that he will attend her funeral.

He said he wouldn't go to it, which somehow seems worse.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 03:40:37 AM »
BTW, Carolyn referred to Josette as "the first Mrs. Collins," soooo... all the women of Collins men who came before her were baby mamas?

I seem to recall that [spoiler]in an earlier episode David killed something he loved.[/spoiler]
Oh gosh, what am I forgetting?

A friend let me know what you were referring to, and that revelation comes in a later episode (if I'm wrong, please let me know) and spoiler tags have been added to your comment.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
It's possible I'm remembering something from four years ago when I watched the DVD( I only know this because Amazon keeps track of this for me) , [spoiler]I recall that Carolyn was telling Vickie about David]  One of the joys of old age is I have a vague Idea of the major plotlines but not much of the highlights.  When I taped the episodes off the Syfy many years ago with the intention of watching them again in my old age, little did I know it would come so soon. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times