Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers  (Read 22811 times)

RachelDrummand

Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »
Question for Prof Stokes and I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag since it might be considered one:

[spoiler]What is the music like? Is the original theme there? (one more question)....what about Josette's music box?[/spoiler]

Thanks!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »
VictoriaWinters1991,

[spoiler]The cut I saw did not have the final music track, so I couldn't say what will be in the actual movie.[/spoiler]

ProfStokes

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2012, 07:02:11 AM »
Am interpreting the trailer correctly that Elizabeth, Roger, Vicki aeverone at Collinwood and all of Collinsport know Barabas is Vampire?
Wonder if Burton regrets not having all of Gotham City know that Batman is  Bruce Wayne .
Dan

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »
I am fairly sure [spoiler]that some of the family knows his secret.[/spoiler]  But, the scene which he announces he is a vampire is a different one from the family at the breakfast table.  They just spliced the two together. 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
[Moved from topic Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!! --admin]

speaking of that "hippie chick" recall in the earliest spoilers [spoiler]we heard of a "running gag" of barnabas(or whoever)repeatedly running into a "hippie encampment"?

we haven't seen any of that in the trailers or heard about it anywhere lately. but the idea of a "running gag" is a reminder that the distinct possibility that this would end up being a comedy has been around since day one.

i'm still not sure why we were all so blindsided when it was actually confirmed in recent weeks? [snow_huh][/spoiler]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Maggie Babe

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Just heard bits and peices of the soundtrack. I love it! Now thats my DS!
Maggie Babe

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
[refers to comments in:
Fangoria just came in. ...
--admin]

if "it" does indeed turn out to be true...

[spoiler]then they certainly don't have a problem killing off MAJOR characters. as it stands based on all the loose spoilerage out there it looks like julia, roger and now vicki all die. even if angelique "dies" she's immortal(as is barnabas)and can always get conjured up but those three characters are mortal. it's quite stunning. jumping the gun with talk of sequels without those three characters it wouldn't be as good for me. and it looks like the house burns down too. perhaps this will end up being a stand alone film.[/spoiler]

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2012, 06:00:29 PM »
I haven't seen the latest issue of Fangoria, but I know Cousin Barnabas has said there's a particularly spoilerific picture and caption on the bottom of page 44.  I have seen a picture on the internet that may be this picture (without any caption).  So, in regards to this subject...

[spoiler]is the picture in question the one with Barnabas (who looks like a vampire) holding Bella Heathcote during a rain storm?  If so, and presuming this is at the bottom of Widow's Hill, is there any chance this is Josette rather than Vicki and that the caption is wrong?[/spoiler]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »
[Originally posted in Re: (**NEW Photos/Michelle Pfeiffer Interview In The April W!!** Reply #3083 ) Depp/Burton DARK SHAD
in response to
the clips:
--admin]

remember in those earliest of spoilers...

[spoiler]it said that unlike in previous variations of the story where vicki is summoned to collinwood and knows nothing of the collins family here she goes to work for them intentionally.[/spoiler]

this would sort of imply that that's true.

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2012, 01:46:42 AM »
Would anyone like to speculate on the [spoiler]werewolf[/spoiler] character we have read about recently?  Is this a real character in the film?  Perhaps just a mistake?  or something in-between?  Could this be the "end-of-credits" surprise we have been warned about?  I even remember, many months ago, it was reported that [spoiler]Quentin[/spoiler] would appear in the film as a "bearded cousin."  I'd enjoy hearing your ideas about this supposed spoiler. 

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2012, 05:53:13 AM »
Saw it tonight. I'm embargoed until Friday but there are things that will both delight and infuriate you guys in this movie. Lots of little nods to the series including

[spoiler]Windcliff, Maggie Evans, and a couple lines lifted word for word from Mr. Frid's original performance. Sadly, no dedication to Mr. Frid. [/spoiler]
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
Would anyone like to speculate on the [spoiler]werewolf[/spoiler] character we have read about recently?  Is this a real character in the film?  Perhaps just a mistake?  or something in-between?  Could this be the "end-of-credits" surprise we have been warned about?  I even remember, many months ago, it was reported that [spoiler]Quentin[/spoiler] would appear in the film as a "bearded cousin."  I'd enjoy hearing your ideas about this supposed spoiler.

Just think about the [spoiler]"big secret." [/spoiler]  [ghost_wink]  And even though I suspected it, I am not too happy with it.  It's really kind of over-the-top and out of nowhere. 

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »
[spoiler]Windcliff, Maggie Evans, and a couple lines lifted word for word from Mr. Frid's original performance.[/spoiler]

I am fairly sure I have figured out the whole thing with the Collinwood governesses as well. 

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »
Quentin is

[spoiler]not in the film. And there is nothing after the end credits on the print I saw.[/spoiler]
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
That's why folks have to think of the...
[spoiler]BIG secret.[/spoiler]

[ghost_cheesy]

It's out of nowhere.  And I think much too much.