Author Topic: MTV's Movie Smackdown 2012 Contest  (Read 9084 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: MTV's Movie Smackdown 2012 Contest
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »
Of course I know it's not a surefire thing, but promotion can do a lot for a film, and it can indeed make it well-known.  How did the Hunger Games become so popular or Harry Potter or Twilight?  These books had promotion which ultimately led people to read them.  In theory, if Warners treated DS like a surefire hit, it would most likely do better.  You're right, not a lot of people know about DS.  That's the problem.  Warners has the power to change that.  And I hope they do.   [snow_wink]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2012, 01:16:03 AM »
I'm still confident Warner Brothers has a marketing plan in place. It's anyone's guess what it is. But it will definitely surface eventually because something tells me few entities involved want the film to succeed more than Warner Brothers, the studio that's distributing it.  [snow_wink]

That being said, though, as fans it IS frustrating that we haven't seen anything yet. But then, Warner Brothers doesn't really have to market the film to us. And we're frustrated exactly because we're fans. But I doubt the general public is frustrated. And something also tells me that Warner Brothers has a plan in place to try to attract them. And apparently, for some reason that's known only to them and the others involved with the film, they don't think that the time to do that has arrived yet...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2012, 01:24:39 AM »
I wouldn't mind working right about now in WB marketing department. It will be interesting to see what promotional items they are preparing to give out to the media; shirts, caps, coffin shaped items etc... But that is for another discussion. Can't wait to see the huge highway billboard signs.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »
Well said, MB.  And, again, you are right.  It is sooooo frustrating!

And jimbo, I definitely want a coffin shaped promo kit!   [snow_smileydevil]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2012, 02:02:31 AM »
That would be so cool Cousin_Barnabas. They did have a wooden shaped coffin giveaway at the 1991 premiere for the winners although it wasn't a press kit. I managed to obtain one of them off Ebay years ago.