Author Topic: Forget Roger Davie's hair grabs. . new tally to keep!  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Forget Roger Davie's hair grabs. . new tally to keep!
« on: November 08, 2002, 06:10:10 AM »
 How many times does Magda get manhandled?
Julia99

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re: Forget Roger Davie's hair grabs. . new tally to keep!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 08:06:15 AM »
Too many.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 11:31:08 AM »
As many times as poor Julia's throat got throttled! ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 03:47:22 PM »
depends on who is doing the manhandling!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 07:17:44 PM »
How many times Quentin licks his lips.

Offline Latisha

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Catcam.tv
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 11:40:14 PM »
How about the number of times Barnabus becomes a vampire, gets cured, becomes a vampire, gets cured, becomes a vampire...

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 11:42:05 AM »
How about the number of times Barnabus becomes a vampire, gets cured, becomes a vampire, gets cured, becomes a vampire...

And lets not forget how many times Barnabas has given Josette's music box away to some SYT as a "gift."  

That thing has sure traveled around from Century to Century!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2002, 01:31:49 AM »
I agree let's start another tally.  Since Roger Davis hasn't pulled his hair in the last two characters he's played maybe it was the Director and not the actor himself who insisted he grab his hair all the time as Jeff/Peter.  

He has been on the show for a while now and I still haven't figured out what is so objectionable about him.  I really find him to be at least competant in the roles he has played and I think his characters are interesting.  On the other hand, I can't for the life of me see any purpose in the Harry Johnson character. He wasn't even what I call a secondary character.  It seems to me they must have had plans for his character or else why bring him on but for whatever reason the character never developed.  Maybe Craig Slocum was a competant actor, I don't know because I never saw him in anything else but I found his portrayal of Harry totally uninteresting and I couldn't wait for the next scene that didn't include him.    

I have never been to the Festivals so I have never met Mr. Davis but I really think he needs to be cut more slack than he's given.  From posts I have read here I believe those people who have met Mr. Davis and did not like him for whatever reason seem to find fault in everything he does, which of course is their right.  I try to separate the actor from the role he/she plays.

Offline Bouchard

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique Bouchard is the BEST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2002, 04:23:02 AM »
haha

There's now something in my signature, because I do want something in my signature

~~BrandonBouchard

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2002, 05:00:45 AM »
I agree let's start another tally.  Since Roger Davis hasn't pulled his hair in the last two characters he's played maybe it was the Director and not the actor himself who insisted he grab his hair all the time as Jeff/Peter.  

He has been on the show for a while now and I still haven't figured out what is so objectionable about him.  I really find him to be at least competant in the roles he has played and I think his characters are interesting.  On the other hand, I can't for the life of me see any purpose in the Harry Johnson character. He wasn't even what I call a secondary character.  It seems to me they must have had plans for his character or else why bring him on but for whatever reason the character never developed.  Maybe Craig Slocum was a competant actor, I don't know because I never saw him in anything else but I found his portrayal of Harry totally uninteresting and I couldn't wait for the next scene that didn't include him.    

I have never been to the Festivals so I have never met Mr. Davis but I really think he needs to be cut more slack than he's given.  From posts I have read here I believe those people who have met Mr. Davis and did not like him for whatever reason seem to find fault in everything he does, which of course is their right.  I try to separate the actor from the role he/she plays.

i think it is his loudness and manhandling of some of his female costars that has irritated some I've never met the man but find all his roles(except Dirk) annoying
but maybe you should listen to The Ds cd with Ron Barry's interview with  few of the stars and him to learn why some may find the actor a bit much! but he does need a few fans here so it is nice to see someone defend him hey i loathe Amanda (the role not the actor)and think that actor should have stuck to dancing but have nothing against her personally! i hey maybe someday i'llmeet RD and think he is the greatest guy on earth or maybe not...take care

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2002, 05:26:07 AM »

He has been on the show for a while now and I still haven't figured out what is so objectionable about him.  I really find him to be at least competant in the roles he has played and I think his characters are interesting.  

Are you Roger Davies in disguise Murph??
Julia99

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2002, 06:06:22 AM »
i think it is his loudness and manhandling of some of his female costars that has irritated some I've never met the man but find all his roles(except Dirk) annoying
but maybe you should listen to The Ds cd with Ron Barry's interview with  few of the stars and him to learn why some may find the actor a bit much! but he does need a few fans here so it is nice to see someone defend him
jennifer

Jennifer,

I honestly appreciate your opinion and for his loudness I can't speak and come to think of it you have a point there.  As far as his manhandling of the actresses he works with isn't it logical that if he was acting on his own that the actresses involved would have complained to the Director that he was going overboard.  I've seen many posts that complained about his mauling the actress he's working with but I believe the Director was the one innstructing him to do so or else he would've been reprimanded and it would have only happened a few times instead of the many times that we see on screen.  

Also, I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan of Roger Davis but I do respect his work.

In another post Julia99 asks if I'm sure that I'm really not Roger Davis disguising myself as "Murph",  all I can say is no I'm not Roger Davis as I was only 9 years old when the current episodes originally aired.

If I didn't post this correctly you'll have to forgive me since this is the first time I attempted to use another person's quote.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2002, 07:14:05 AM »
you could have a point there Murph maybe the director
did tell him to do that who knows! maybe he was spoken too! i do like his Dirk and i think Diana M
was probably able to handle him! Lol
i was also about 10 when these first aired and glad to hear you're not RD

jennifer
as for the quotes took me a while to get things (don't know all of it yet) check the help section and testing
good luck!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2002, 09:40:09 AM »
If I didn't post this correctly you'll have to forgive me since this is the first time I attempted to use another person's quote.

No problem, murph.  The 1st tag was fine and I added the 2nd one.  To get the text inside the quote box you need to include both.  Here's the
Code: [Select]
[quote]blah blah blah[/quote]
Hope that helped!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2002, 10:50:20 AM »
He has been on the show for a while now and I still haven't figured out what is so objectionable about him.

Many of us seem to have a DS actor whose performances drive us up a wall. For me it's RD. For others it's Donna McKechnie, Donna Wandrey, Kathy Cody or Addison Powell - all of whom don't seem to bother me in the least.

I suppose it's a chemical reaction thing. Either you feel it and understand it in others, or you don't. [winkb]