Author Topic: Forget Roger Davie's hair grabs. . new tally to keep!  (Read 2655 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Forget Roger Davie's hair grabs. . new tally to keep!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2002, 12:38:43 AM »

Many of us seem to have a DS actor whose performances drive us up a wall. For me it's RD. For others it's Donna McKechnie, Donna Wandrey, Kathy Cody or Addison Powell - all of whom don't seem to bother me in the least.

I suppose it's a chemical reaction thing. Either you feel it and understand it in others, or you don't. [winkb]

Can you have more than one MB and is there is antidote?[sick]
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2002, 01:55:29 AM »
Well, we DO know that KLS threatened to blimp out if her character was ever paired with his! I would call that a complaint. And quite honestly, we would never know if any of them DID complain or not, unless they said so publicly. We know that Dan Curtis really liked RD, so my guess is the women had to lump it. I don't think that kind of behavior is all that uncommon in acting, which IS rather different than working in an office after all. It would be hard to prove sexual harassment when you have been doing a love scene, not that sexual harassment was a concept at that time. I also disagree with the theory that the women wouldn't appear at a fest with him if he had been guilty of it. C'mon, nobody EVER implied he did anything more than inappropriate behavior and it was years ago.

Whether he was or wasn't inappropriate is really just conjecture based solely on what we watch on tape.  Most of us are having a good time with it. If you want to defend him, go for it. Not everyone here enjoys disliking him, some do like him.  It helps if you can not take it too seriously.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 06:21:50 AM »
LOL!!  GO KLS!  Just when you think you have heard it all you hear a new story that injects a bit of fresh blood into your love for DS!  I hadn't heard the story about her threating to BLIMP out if she was pairerd with RD. I guess blimping out would be gaining weight?  RD is from Kentucky like me but I still can't like him!!

I also agree with MB.  RD just annoys me.  The only character I kind of like was Jeff Clark. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 06:35:41 AM »
Truth be told, Davis didn't bother me in the least on my first runthrough of the show, save his manhandling of Sabrina when he played Ned. It was later, when I started watching clips of the series again, when I really began to notice him manhandling and hairhandling.

On the subject of actors that you didn't like, though, I have more than one: Addison Powell, Sharon Smythe, both Leviathan kids, Craig Slocum, and Keith Prentice. They all grated on my nerves to no end.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.