Author Topic: TV Vampires Keep Bringing Sexy Back (From the Dead)  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
TV Vampires Keep Bringing Sexy Back (From the Dead)
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »
TV Vampires Keep Bringing Sexy Back (From the Dead)

Don't know where they get that Barnabas was born in 1760 because I don't believe that date was ever referenced in any way on the show. But it's still a fun article.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: TV Vampires Keep Bringing Sexy Back (From the Dead)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:10:06 PM »
Interesting, yes, but they seem to have forgotten completely about Forever Knight, a Canadian series about the 800-year-old Nick Knight, formerly (yes) a knight in medieval France. After repenting of his previous bloodthirsty career, Nick is a detective in Toronto. Doctor Natalie Lambert, a city medical examiner, is the only one who knows his secret, but there's a whole vampire community in Toronto. The show ran for only three seasons, but I enjoyed it. Geraint Wynn-Davies was exceptionally fine in the title role.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »
Just a few years ago, it seemed everyone was talking about Forever Knight!  I've never seen it.  Also, I'm obviously hard up for things to post on, 'cause I'm posting on something I have no knowledge of.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »
I was surprised that Forever Knight wasn't included - but then, there are more than a few shows with vamps that aren't. These types of articles always seem to leave some shows out. I suppose we should just be grateful that DS IS included this time around.   [ghost_smiley]

And, Magnus - perhaps you could think about starting a new topic about something you do have knowledge about.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »
MB, looks like someone has been reading KLS, as I believe it is mentioned in one of the KLS books that Barnabas is 35 yo, putting his birthyear at 1760, (considering he died in 1795). 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 09:22:36 PM »
I should have known because more often than not any odd info can be traced back to a PomPress book. I don't honestly remember reading that - but then there are just so many errors in those books that it's hard to keep track of them all... (And I'm even discovering new errors because it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I realized the 30th Anniversary Almanac has the wrong ep listed as 1841PT Daphne's last.  [ghost_rolleyes])

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 09:28:57 PM »
It may be in the 35th Ann. book.  Not sure, but I remember reading it about 10 years ago, so I think that may be a good culprit.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
I'm a huge Forever Knight fan, and it's cool to see it mentioned here since I have recently been viewing some episodes again.  I remember when FK first appeared in a CBS late night slot, around 1992 I think... oddly, the first episode I saw was entitled 1966, and when I started to see how the show was set up, I did wonder if that title was meant to be a tribute of sorts to DS.

On FK, they incorporated both the central notion of the female doctor in love with the vampire trying to cure him, and the use of flashbacks in which the actors got to play other characters or, in most cases, earlier versions of their vampire selves.

That short lived show Blood Ties seemed as if it was in some ways a remake of Forever Knight; so did the one whose title I am forgetting where the vampires slept in deep freeze units.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
so did the one whose title I am forgetting where the vampires slept in deep freeze units.

That would be Moonlight.

That short lived show Blood Ties seemed as if it was in some ways a remake of Forever Knight

And Blood Ties is another show that's not represented in the article.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »
Somehow I just knew I wouldn't be the only Forever Knight fan on this board!  [ghost_cool]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »
There are lots of Forever Knight fans here. It's a show that comes up quite often.  [ghost_wink]