Author Topic: Todays Shows 10/21  (Read 2019 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Todays Shows 10/21
« on: October 22, 2002, 01:51:01 AM »
Karlan does the opening voice-over. At first I didn't pick up on the fact that it was Karlan. It was kind of cute - his (unWillie-ish) diction and somewhat sinister interpretation was totally distracting (but in a good way - it was "fun").

Did anyone else expect to see Barnabas beat Ned Stewart silly with his cane? Somethiing tells me that if he had, it may have cured Sabrina instantly. But no, Barn had to be diplomatic. Too bad.

Speaking of knocking someone silly, I expected Willie to shake the spirt out of Amy when he grabbed and threatened her at the Old House.

I'm sorry, but the handle of Barn's cane does not resemble a wolf. I kept thinking of how funny it would have sounded to hear Ned exclaim, "Greyhound! Greyhound! She's responding to the sight of a greyhound! My sister must have hit by a bus! And Chris must have been behind the wheel!"

And what's with Sabrina's eye makeup? Is Ned a cosmetologist? Obviously not! That poor girl. You'd think that if Ned had the desire to beautify his dear sister that he would first start with dying her hair back to it's original color.

I loved Roger today. The characters's role was written just as it should have been. And Louis played it to the hilt.

Maggie's hair - very Viki and very nice. A fall?. Now, about those curls when she was "possessed." Are we supposed to believe that they were styled from her own hair? If so, they should have used the same color as Maggie's own hair - at least. But maybe the color difference was for the best as it drove home the fact that this was a possession.

My favorite mystery of the day is who Quentin is trying to have Maggie become? Judith (because of the 'do) was my immediate thought but that makes no sense to me. Jenny perhaps? I also wonder if there is any significance to the fact that Maggie's dress was burned in Liz's bedroom fireplace? I hope they follow up on this. I am dying to know.

I thought for sure that Barn and Willie were going to find Quentin's room. It was moments like this that kept me on the edge of my sofa (and drove me bonkers) as a kid.

Dom

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Shows 10/21
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 02:55:17 AM »
Hi, Dom i agree with you 100% on that one!!!
I too always thought that Barn's cane looked like
a Greyhound too!!! Do love the way The Q-man
whispered to Amy it was so cute !!!!!!!!!!!  
( Anne who was dying to do that scene with The
Q-man YUMMY!!!!!)     Any-way excellent observation
Dom!!               Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 04:49:16 AM »

I kept thinking of how funny it would have sounded to hear Ned exclaim, "Greyhound! Greyhound! She's responding to the sight of a greyhound! My sister must have hit by a bus! And Chris must have been behind the wheel!"

ROTFLOL!

That poor girl. You'd think that if Ned had the desire to beautify his dear sister that he would first start with dying her hair back to it's original color.

Perhaps Ned deliberately left her in that state for dramatic effect on the day when he would finally be able to confront Chris.

My favorite mystery of the day is who Quentin is trying to have Maggie become?

I believe Quentin was trying to turn Maggie into the 1897 governess, Rachel Drummond.

ProfStokes

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Shows 10/2.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 07:10:07 AM »

I believe Quentin was trying to turn Maggie into the 1897 governess, Rachel Drummond.

Yes, you're right. I forgot about Rachel. That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Shows 10/2.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 10:09:25 AM »

And what's with Sabrina's eye makeup? Is Ned a cosmetologist? Obviously not! That poor girl. You'd think that if Ned had the desire to beautify his dear sister that he would first start with dying her hair back to it's original color.  

LOL!!  When I saw that powder blue eye make up on Sabrina my first reaction was "who the heck put that on her?"

I also thought it was cruel the way Ned kept shoving Barnabas' cane right in Sabrina's face!   Judging from his behavior I'd say that he was the one in need of psychiatric help!  I think Sabrina would have eventually recoved if she had been away from him,  far away!!

Dom Wrote:

Yes, you're right. I forgot about Rachel. That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

I had originally thought this too but somehow don't remember Rachel the Governess wearing such fancy dresses?  It's been sometime since I've seen these scenes so I'll have to wait and see.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 06:10:55 PM »

I'm sorry, but the handle of Barn's cane does not resemble a wolf. I kept thinking of how funny it would have sounded to hear Ned exclaim, "Greyhound! Greyhound! She's responding to the sight of a greyhound! My sister must have hit by a bus! And Chris must have been behind the wheel!"

LOL... It does look more like a greyhound than a wolf.  And today Ned was standing behind Sabrina looking down at her.. I was thinking it was probably hard for him to resist touching that head of hair... the next thing you know his hands were all in it..lol   Then it looked like he was contemplating giving her a full-frontal chest massage.. his hands were everywhere!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 08:12:11 PM »

My favorite mystery of the day is who Quentin is trying to have Maggie become?

I thought maybe it was Rachel at first, but later on I wondered if she was supposed to be Kitty Hampshire.
Possible Spoiler
D'you think Quentin has any knowlege about the Kitty/Josette link?  I don't see how he could, but it was all making me wonder if maybe Maggie IS the reincarnation of Josette, or that maybe the writers thought they would play with that idea again once they got back to 1897, now that Vicki's gone.

:-/  :-/   :-/
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 08:50:27 PM »

I thought maybe it was Rachel at first, but later on I wondered if she was supposed to be Kitty Hampshire.

I'll admit that the thought of Kitty had crossed my mind. I didn't follow it through though because my (weak) memory of the character is that of her as an afterthought in the 1897 plot. Rachel (when brought to my attention) made perfect sense to me because it appears as though Quentin has taken the children, so now he is trying to take their governess - as if he is slowly trying to recreate his 1897 world (Apparently from the ground up). But now that I've thought this far into it, I am wondering if Rachel (Maggie) as governess would have called Edward (Roger), Edward as opposed to Mr. Collins. Kitty surely called him Edward. Ack!!!, no wonder I get headaches!

Dom the fence sitter (who's not looking forward to Lady Kitty's pucker and raised eyebrow...)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2002, 08:53:28 PM »

LOL... It does look more like a greyhound than a wolf.  And today Ned was standing behind Sabrina looking down at her.. I was thinking it was probably hard for him to resist touching that head of hair... the next thing you know his hands were all in it..lol   Then it looked like he was contemplating giving her a full-frontal chest massage.. his hands were everywhere!

Ned the perv! he is the worst of all the RD roles IMHO

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2002, 11:08:19 PM »
Dom doll, I just love reading your posts!  I have some Supremes-iana sitting here to mail to you.  Maybe you'll get it in time for Halloween.  No trick doll, just a treat.

Oh, I think Q was definitely aiming for Rachel Drummond.  In the "original" 1897 storyline, Q had the hots for Miss D.  One of the rewrites of the story involved killing RD off because KLS wanted to go on safari with her boyfriend for a month.  Poor, clueless Rachel.  

Hope all is well there.  I think of you now EVERY morning when I leave the house because the next door neighbor is rebuilding his front porch (plus doing something complicated to the windws). He has this radio set to an oldies station, and this a.m. it was playing Come see about me.  A week or two ago I think it was playing Can't hurry love, and there have been other Supremes songs playing as well.  I'm still waiting for my fave--Stop! in the Name of Love.

xo  Tuffie

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2002, 05:10:17 AM »

Dom, I am SO sorry that I didn't read your hilarious post before I said the same thing only not nearly as well! The sight of Barney beating Neddieboy with his greyhound cane would certainly make me very happy. Oh well, I'll just have to envision it and make that my alternate reality.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2002, 08:07:48 AM »

Dom, I am SO sorry that I didn't read your hilarious post before I said the same thing

Don't think twice about it. :)  

I just got back from reading your post and it had me on the floor!

Dom

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2002, 09:39:08 AM »

Dom, I am SO sorry that I didn't read your hilarious post before I said the same thing only not nearly as well! The sight of Barney beating Neddieboy with his greyhound cane would certainly make me very happy. Oh well, I'll just have to envision it and make that my alternate reality.

I was kind of hoping that Barnabas would have just sent Ned into the secret room at the Masoleum so Chris, in his animal form could take card of Ned once and for all!![vryevl]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2002, 01:30:14 AM »
Dom doll, I just love reading your posts!  I have some Supremes-iana sitting here to mail to you.  Maybe you'll get it in time for Halloween.  No trick doll, just a treat.

Treats! Treats? Always treats! Oh, how I miss the late 70s, darling, when it was tricks, tricks, and more tricks. Halloween just isn't the same anymore... ;) Looking forward to my Supreme treats. I few things for you too.

Oh, I think Q was definitely aiming for Rachel Drummond.  In the "original" 1897 storyline, Q had the hots for Miss D.  One of the rewrites of the story involved killing RD off because KLS wanted to go on safari with her boyfriend for a month.  Poor, clueless Rachel.

Me thinks you're right. After that kiss Quebtin planted on Maggie's lips yesterday I'd say there's little doubt of that. Funny, I have no recollection of Quentin's interest in Rachel.

I'm still waiting for my fave--Stop! in the Name of Love.
xo  Tuffie

Marsha has visions of her dear Tuffie on the front steps with his pink blanket cape, mama's wig, and arm outstretched in the international symbol for STOP! And I'll be right behind you in spirit, giving it my best Flo. ...That ought to get your neighbor to puttin' bars on them windows, honey!

Miss u much,
Dom