Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1164  (Read 1036 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1164
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1164
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
It was pleasant to see Roxanne fingering the right culprit.  And Barnabas must have felt very strange when he said Angelique was his mother.  Of course that would mean that Angelique would be Julia's mother, too.  What a lovely, united family!

The other day, when Daphne found Joanna's purse in the drawing room, Judah/Gerard was there.  Did he not believe that Joanna's spirit was there?  Whether or not Joanna's spirit is there, I think he should have investigated the matter.  A ghost at Collinwood could cause problems for him.

Angelique is absolutely convinced that Quentin is Judah.  I'm surprised she thinks Judah can be so easily taken care of, but I suppose she figures if it could be done in 1692, it could be done in 1840, too.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
Wow, Barnabas was on some really thin ice there at the séance! It's a good thing Flora was distracted by Gerard when he asked her to act as his hostess (only temporarily, of course) at Collinwood. She's so amusingly flattered!

Yet another dream for Daphne. How annoying. But it was interesting to see how the set designers have recycled the elements of Josette's room to make the bridal chamber.

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
You know...the idea of Angelique as Julia's mother--it's just loopy enough to give this Julia fan a serious case of the giggles. [stfl]

But since when was Angelique recorded as Barnabas' wife? I suppose the minister who performed the infamous nuptials would have recorded it somewhere, but Joshua Collins told Barn that he did not enter Angelique and Barnabas' marriage in the family history. Was 1797 somehow different from 1795-96? LOL! I think I'm a charter member of that group of fans who--for sanity's sake--regard 1840 as some weird and wacky alternate PT universe.   [6184]
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
The minister would have been required by law to record the marriage of Barnabas and Angelique--but Barnabas or even Joshua could have engineered a convenient, ledger-destroying fire at the parsonage later on.  [snow_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
I laugh now whenever Judard whips out his aerial to the Devil (the circle-cross symbol).  He did it very abruptly this time.   Beep beep beep, come in Satan!!   He also looks to me as if he's putting out an old-fashioned movie police APB, somehow...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:32 AM »
I laugh now whenever Judard whips out his aerial to the Devil (the circle-cross symbol).  He did it very abruptly this time.   Beep beep beep, come in Satan!!   He also looks to me as if he's putting out an old-fashioned movie police APB, somehow...

It reminds me of the “Wheel” in “Conquest of Space” where astronauts board a similar looking circle and cross type space station. 

Barnabas should have kept his mouth shut about recognizing Angelique’s name. Or explained that he had a sudden gas attack or something. That story he came up with was just plain dumb.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:05 AM »
It reminds me of the “Wheel” in “Conquest of Space” where astronauts board a similar looking circle and cross type space station.  

Barnabas should have kept his mouth shut about recognizing Angelique’s name. Or explained that he had a sudden gas attack or something. That story he came up with was just plain dumb.

I really should know Conquest of Space, but I don't.   (Conquering space... there's a misguided concept if ever there was one!  Reminds me of the Arctic explorers I've been listening to books about lately...)  Thanks for the illustration.

As for Barnabas, I think he was two or three jumps ahead.   In picoseconds, I think he worked out that someday after this event, someone would put it together that this mysterious name "Angelique" was that of his supposed mother, after a little research, and this person or persons would wonder why Barnabas had had utterly no reaction to the name at the seance.   If the name "Angelique" wasn't in the history books, then maybe Barnabas shouldn't have gone into his schpiel, but I don't know if it is or it isn't.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »
I think you're right, Janet--Joshua expunged Angelique's name from the "official" history just as he eliminated any mention of poor Millicent's marriage. In fact, I don't think anyone in 1968 knew about Angelique except for Barnabas and Vicki--after she returned from her "strange and terrifying journey" into the past. I could be wrong, but I think Barn and Vicki even have a conversation about Angelique somewhere in there.