Author Topic: Bravo For Julia!  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Bravo For Julia!
« on: September 20, 2002, 09:37:48 AM »
I just have to hand it to Julia for trying to keep the peace there in Collinwood during all that chaotic madness in yesterday's episode!  Here she is left alone (where the heck was Barnabas?)  trying to calm an hysterical child, then trying as hard as she may to understand a very incoheric Joe Haskell who understandably seems to have lost his mind altogether,
(she even had give him her famous Julia Slap) and if that's not enough, she suddenly hears Carolyn upstairs screaming like there's no tomorrow and finds Liz laying dead out on the floor!  What a madhouse!  And all this happened at the same time!!  I don't know how she managed to keep her sanity during all that madness? [spin] [rollb]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bravo For Julia!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 09:59:02 AM »
she self-medicated beforehand!

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 04:35:20 PM »
    Maybe Julia was the only one in the house that didn't have a can of Moxie with dinner?
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 06:21:19 PM »
The letters of Dr. Julia Hoffman's name rearrange on Prof Stokes' famous letter board to spell TOUGH AS NAILS.

If she ever needed to prove that, she did so in yesterday's classic episode.

And I love that Cassandra had one final appearance as a glamorous, completely unrepentant bitch on wheels!

Gothick

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 07:46:17 PM »
I don't know how she managed to keep her sanity during all that madness?

Maybe being in love with Barnabas has a lot to do with it. After all, they are his relatives. Strange goings on should be the norm for her by now!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2002, 09:40:19 PM »
And they claim Julia would not have made a good mother.  Anyone of us with children know the crisis occur all at once, and guess who gets to take care of it--THE MOTHER!  She was very impressive.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2002, 09:18:29 AM »
And they claim Julia would not have made a good mother.  Anyone of us with children know the crisis occur all at once, and guess who gets to take care of it--THE MOTHER!  She was very impressive.

I thought so too Birdie. And what a difference from today's episode when it was Barnabas' turn to take on all the madness & confusion!  He was grouchy to Mrs.Johnson and all her questions, cranky with Maggie, and had little patience with the children. I was half waiting for him to run the heck out of there!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2002, 04:59:12 PM »
Can you imagine Barnabas in Boston with Amy and David?  How about that purposed trip to the zoo?  My imagination is going over time.  Barnabas in a fast food restaurant with the children getting them a burger and fries.  Sitting there in this three piece suit.  He might enjoy showing them the Freedom Trail.  That might be the best education they have gotten so far.  I am sure he could add quite a bit having  lived through it.  I don't think he has left Collinwood since he came out of the coffin.  How would he react to seeing the Boston of the late 60th's.  On thing on his side is he is the first person to suggest they put the children into a real school.  When I am in Boston tonight I will think about the B-man in Boston.  lol

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2002, 06:05:03 PM »
What a fabulous idea, Birdie.....a walking tour of Boston with someone who lived there 250 years ago!!!  

Imagine the local gossip he could share....like what the neighbors thought of the number of children the Revere's had!!....and the REAL scoop on that infernal Adams clan!!

I miss Boston....haven't been there since autumn of '97...might have to plan a trip soon!!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2002, 08:15:37 PM »
Julia juggled everything with aplomb.  It seemed that everyone was rushing to her, grasping her apron strings.  I don't think Barnabas is accustomed to dealing with many things at once, given the servants who probably saw to his every whim back in the 18th century.  Barnabas is being forced to be a 20th century man in a crash course, and he's kicking and screaming in protest!

He IS great with Amy, though.

Love, Robin

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2002, 08:46:11 PM »
Dear Birdie,

I think that it's very admirable that Barnabas would show Amy and David all of the great historic and cultural sights of Boston: Old Ironsides, Fenway Park, all of those great restaurants in the North End of Boston, Maj. Charles E. Winchester's ancestral home on Beacon Hill, etc.

But, please, Mr. B., keep those innocent little children out of the so-called "combat zone" of Boston!

Bob the Bartender, who firmly believes that the recently late, lamented Eve would be "banned in Boston."

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2002, 02:12:13 AM »
went to Fenway the other night Bob finally
had it! the seats are just too small!(No i haven't gotten bigger!)We do have to do something!wouldn't it have been funny to see Barnabas and amy and david at a game there! There are plenty of Bleacher Creatures
so he would have fit in!

jennifer
GO Oakland!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2002, 02:52:03 AM »
Can you imagine Barnabas in Boston with Amy and David?  How about that purposed trip to the zoo?  My imagination is going over time.  Barnabas in a fast food restaurant with the children getting them a burger and fries.

Oh my! And he thought ADAM was a pain!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2002, 12:58:53 AM »
If I wasn't so lazy, "Barnabas in Boston" sounds like good material for fanfiction...I can just see David and Amy running amok and B. trying desperately to keep order, lol.  He might even have to loosen that tie!

As for Julia...I remember the episode described here, I'll have to watch it again.  As I recall, it certainly was "Julia in Charge".  I would like to have seen more of that side of her, rather than the side that so predictably caved in to B.'s whims.

MrsJ.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2002, 08:14:26 AM »
As for Julia...I remember the episode described here, I'll have to watch it again.  As I recall, it certainly was "Julia in Charge".  I would like to have seen more of that side of her, rather than the side that so predictably caved in to B.'s whims.

I think in her own quiet little way she really was in charge, after all how many times did Barnabas go running to Julia everytime he was in trouble or needed a favor?  It's too bad he didn't appreciate her more.
"Calamity Jane"