Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1116  (Read 952 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1116
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:24:04 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1116
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:35 AM »
When Barnabas administered the final bite to Roxanne, it was the shortest fatal bite in vampire history, expecially in the redo, I think.   In vampire terms, it was a peck on the cheek.  No wonder it didn't take.   It's strange seeing him unceremoniously dumping her at the gazebo.   At least Abigail rated a tree to sit below.

Nice silver-black dress on Julia.  I interpret her fondling of her pendant as meaning she's really itching to hypnotize somebody.

I like Ivan's laugh after he was about to poison Sam, and then he effortlessly transformed into being her best friend ever!   ***   Sam finds Roxanne to the accompaniment of bongo music.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:18:07 AM »
It wasn't really a gazebo.   What's that kind of place called?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:29 AM »
It wasn't really a gazebo.   What's that kind of place called?
I always think of that set as a terrace, but I noticed today or yesterday that there was some overhead structure that could conceivably entitle it to be called a gazebo.

Yesterday at the end I couldn't tell whether Roxanne was wearing a nightgown or what.  Today it was clear that she was wearing a very fancy dress - dressing up for Barnabas.  She would make a lovely vampire in it.

I dislike Samantha for the most frivolous of reasons: she has an uninteresting face and her voice is unmusical.  But I liked Virginia Vestoff's uninhibited performance today when Samantha discovered Roxanne in the gazebo.

I also liked Julia's blood transfusion for Roxanne.  I don't understand exactly how Julia did it, and I'm sure that neither the writers nor the director were sweating the details, but I enjoy imagining Julia resourcefully working out how to put the components together.  In a more expensive show we would have gotten a cool montage.  I did think, however, that the wisest course of action would be to kill Roxanne so that she can't die of blood loss.  Julia knows there's just a slim chance that she can save Roxanne.  Killing Roxanne would be ugly, but it would keep her from becoming a vampire.

Meanwhile, we are faced with the fact that this is the closest Barnabas has ever come to biting Julia, and apparently it's just about destroyed him.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
I wish Julia had had occasion to determine Roxanne's blood type in 1970, finding out that it's the same as Julia's.   That would have made it interesting and plausible that she knew she could give Roxanne her blood in 1840.   How did she find out Roxanne's type?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »
I decided Julia must be Type 0.  And Rh negative.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »
Exactly.  In an emergency, type O negative blood can be given to anyone.