Author Topic: the lara parker collection six interview  (Read 1300 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
the lara parker collection six interview
« on: November 28, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
last night i was watching dvd collection six that has an interview with lara parker.

in this particular interview she's really hamming it up. she's on a set complete with red satin drapery and burning candles and she's wearing some sort of long black dress and choker that i think is supposed to come across as "witch-like".

here she goes on about vampires and witches and death and sexuality and the metaphysical and all of this mumbo-jumbo strikes me as very disingenuous.

in other interviews i've seen parker dresses and acts normally and admits to knowing nothing about witchcraft, never studying it and was simply reading the dialogue written for her on the series. in fact she seems to me more like a very well kept and expensively maintained trophy wife than anyone actively involved in the occult.

this was obviously done several years ago so i wonder if it was produced as some sort of promotional tool for one of her books. to give her more "street cred" so to speak among people involved in this type of thing. it's really fake and cheesy and the set is awful.

diana millay can pull off this "i really am the pheonix" routine but here parker just looks silly.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: the lara parker collection six interview
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:49:54 AM »
Hi MSC, I'm sure Lara's really dedicated fans will respond with chapter and verse, but as I recall it, that "interview" was inspired by research Lara did for an MA thesis on aspects of the vampire motif in literature.  Not only did Lara do some research for that academic work, but she also did research on the occult for her two novels. 

What I recall of the interview is that Lara's delivery of her lines was rather wooden.  But I think she has done some of her own work in these areas.  I don't recall any especially new insights as the terrain at this stage of things is very much tried and true material.

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »
diana millay can pull off this "i really am the pheonix" routine but here parker just looks silly.

In more recent years, Diana also started calling herself a witch, which seems vastly more reasonable than announcing with a straight face that she's a Phoenix.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
I think that interview was taken on the set of a vampire documentary. If I remember correctly, she was one of the people used to comment on various elements of vampire fiction and lore. I think she was wearing the same clothes as seen in the DS interview. I could be remembering wrong, but I believe that explains the clothing and her demeanor.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »
I think that interview was taken on the set of a vampire documentary.

Oh, um... SF Vortex?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 05:12:17 AM »
Regardless of what she says she looks FIRECE with those painted eyes and black outfit and false lashes!  FIERCE I TELL YOU!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
She appeared in at least a couple vampire documentaries. I recorded two of them and still have them around here - somewhere. I've never bothered to compare what she said/what she wore in either of them to what she says/what she wears on the DVD. But maybe one day - IF no one else manages to do it first...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:35 AM »
I don't have the other interviews but I think she looks hot and  I personally like her piece.  I think this was perhaps shot after she studied for her novel.  Isn't it safe to say that she was more passionate about Witchcraft and Vampirism through her research?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 09:57:58 AM »
What I liked about that interview – if it's the one that I think it is – is that Parker went on and on and on about the vampire business, to the point where I was starting to think, “Golly, she actually believes it!  She's round the bend!” and then suddenly she said, “And it's all a bunch of malarkey” - or words to that effect.