Author Topic: "Shadows On The Wall"/"Dark Shadows The First Year"  (Read 1076 times)

Offline zurge

• View Profile
"Shadows On The Wall"/"Dark Shadows The First Year"
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »
To anyone that might be able to help,

I have started watching "The Beginning" sets again just recently.  Tying into this - I'm now wanting to find and purchase two books focusing on the first year, "Shadows On the Wall" and "Dark Shadows The First Year".  I don't see that either book is available any more for purchase from either the DS Festival page or Pomagranate Press.  Is there anywhere else I should look for either publication?  Thank you to anyone that can help.

Sincerely,

Zane

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: "Shadows On The Wall"/"Dark Shadows The First Year"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »
I would definately check out amazon. One of my friends found SHADOWS ON THE WALL for 10 dollars on there.  What a steal.  I love the early eps and hope you will continue to enjoy them!  Keep posting!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:05:35 AM »
"dark shadows-the first year" was published by a company called blue whale books.

the address given on the book is p.o.box 480726 los angeles, ca 90048.

contact them they might still have copies available. it's very well done and a must for first year newbies as well as aficionados.

i absolutely adore the first year. as i'm sure you're aware it's not overtly supernatural until the pheonix storyline starts at the end of 1966. it's more an atmosphere of implied mystery that's quite wonderful. i hope you enjoy it.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »
Oh yeah, the 'good old days' of 1966.... [hall2_smiley]

Great stuff, especially Joan Bennett!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline zurge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:49:59 PM »
Thank you for the information, mscbryk.  I'm not sure if the DS Fan Club were responsible for "The First Year" or not.  I have checked Amazon for the book and the few entries listed have it for over $90.00!  I'm not certain about the person who is selling a photocopy of the book for $29.99?  I will have to keep searching...

I am now rewatching the 3rd "Beginning" set now.  I really do love the first year of the show - it had its own charm about it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:38 AM »
I honestly don't know if either one still shows up there, but both have been available on eBay in the past.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »
There was a precursor to DS: The First Year called "The History of Dark Shadows 1966-1967" summarizing the first year of episodes.  There was also "The Introduction of Barnabas" summarizing episodes from the first syndicated episode to the episode of the seance sending Vicky to 1795.  They both came out in the mid 80's.  These were from the Dark Shadows Festival and used to be available on the festival form price list.