Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1089  (Read 1158 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1089
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1089
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »
Gerard and Daphne are such physical ghosts!  Gerard shut the drawing room doors manually today, instead of willing them shut.  What does it mean?

Was that a bust that Elizabeth put out on the railing?  They called it a bust, but it didn't seem to have a bust.  I'm finding the bust - or whatever it was - generally bothersome.  I like the idea that Gerard knew from the story told by Barnabas and Julia that he needed to have the bust there in order to knock it down in 1995, with the hope that next time around his aim would be better.  That can't be, however, because in the original timeline, the bust was put there without any knowledge that Barnabas and Julia would be there.  Why, then, did Gerard want it there?  He apparently left it up there for 25 years, and that seems unlikely.

Good old Dark Shadows.  I don't think we've ever before heard the legend about standing upon somebody's grave at midnight, but David comes up with it out of the blue.  He was very finicky about standing on the grave at exactly midnight, which seemed unnecessary to me.  If it's an old enough legend, it would have come into being before there was much in the way of really accurate timekeeping devices.  And  I can't help thinking about time zones, but of course if it's an old enough legend, time zones wouldn't have been invented yet.  Daylight Savings Time wouldn't have been invented yet, either.  This episode takes place in August, so David and Hallie should have stood on Gerard's grave at 11pm as well as at midnight, just in case.  And also at midnight GMT - 8pm - for good measure, just to cover all reasonable bases.  Incidentally, we heard a church bell tolling midnight in episode 1073, but we didn't hear it today.  Maybe it cracked like the Liberty Bell in the interim.

Julia's grilling of David and Hallie was interesting, because she was threatening to tell Elizabeth on them.  Elizabeth, being Gerard's property now, would surely respond that keeping track of David's and Hallie's comings and goings was none of Julia's business.  So Julia's threat was empty, though David and Hallie didn't know it.  But to what extent did Julia know that it was empty?  She had already had a thoroughly unsatisfactory conversation with Elizabeth.  What, if anything, does Julia suspect?

Poor Julia.  She's trying to keep the disaster from happening, and it's like trying to hold the tide in.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »
VO--  Look at that Liz face.  She's obviously had absolutely all she can take.   As for her talk with Julia, Lydia, I think Joan just acted being overwhelmed and controlled (and "deadened" a bit) so well that anyone could see it... except for Grayson, who probably was supposed to be reacting to a more normal-sounding Liz.

I wish Barnabas had been right, about music seldom being used to frighten... every time they drop the carousel music into a scary scene, it kills the mood for me.   I'm supposed to tense in response to the irony or contradiction I guess, a light innocent tune playing when a disaster's about to happen...  but it doesn't work for me.

Gerard fakes us out by almost touching Liz's forehead and killing her, but reaches past her and simply closes the Drawing Room doors instead.   Had DC ever heard of "crying wolf"?

I want to light David's belted sweater-vest on fire.   David's look here was the male kids' uniform of the time.   I successfully resisted.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
Magnus, David H. costuming is horendous. Ugh...

8/27/70

David’s outfit is BEYOND hideous! I would say it’s uglier than Jebez “higher form” “creature form” “true form” “other form”  ;) Yellow/orangish shirt, blue cardigan, gray pants, what the hell?

I like how Grayson is painted today with the light lips, shimmery eyes, and slightly dusted cheeks. I noticed that a new makeup artist is working.

Poor Liz once again is a pawn.  I miss the fact that she used to be so strong!  It was sad to her character lose that in later years.

The sound seems to be off today. 

Where the heck is Barnabas? 

In 1841 the ship wrecked? Hmm…
Creepy looking graveyard, it looks much creepier than the others for some reason. That was one loud clap of thunder!

Hallie has a very busy dress on as well but again this is the 70’s!

“And that’s the whole story!” Julia says snarky!  LOL Great acting on GH’s part!

OH WOW! The bust that almost killed Julia, is that Zesus?  I know for sure that Liz is under a spell cause no one would think that thing looked good there and if they did they need glasses!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:43:34 AM »
David’s outfit is BEYOND hideous! I would say it’s uglier than Jebez “higher form”...

LOL
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor