Author Topic: Alexandra Molke's best moments as Vicky  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Alexandra Molke's best moments as Vicky
« on: August 29, 2002, 06:24:07 AM »
To commemorate AM's last day as Victoria Winters vote for your pick as her best moments on the show.  I always liked it when the show centered around her and I think it is regretable that they didn't develop her character more.  My vote goes for the opening sequence of the series with Vicky on the train--"My name is Victoria Winters ..."  Second is her part throughout the Laura storyline when she and Frank were investigating Laura and she was able to save David from her.   :o  Others-- Vicky held hostage by Matthew in the Old House and Vicky tried as a witch in 1795.  :o
MM

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
Re: Alexandra Molke's best moments as Vicky
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 06:43:16 AM »
When Matt Morgan pushed that urn off the old house (with the outdoor shot and everything).  How gothic novel was that?

That was a tough pick for me, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact (at least IMO) that Alexandra Moltke really improved as an actress throughout the course of her stay on the show, and while she was getting better, her role was not...

But seriously, I thought her performances later in the series were far more relaxed than the more awkward ones from Vicki's "good old days" of being a gothic heroine.  It also struck me that AM hasn't really messed up (ya know, besides giggling) in a while.
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 06:52:17 AM »
Harry Johnson arrives at Collinwood, and Victoria screams. She tells Elizabeth that when she was in the past, she shot someone, and Harry looks exactly like him.  :o
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 07:01:21 AM »
todays episodes as she is wearing that wedding dress!! wow, was it cold in there or what????   :o
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 07:54:07 AM »
I'm thinking, I'm thinking.....

Oh!  I know, with that cute lawyer, Frank Garner. I remember one dinner scene (with Frank or Burke) when she had her hair up, eye makeup on and she looked great. I liked the scenes with the crypt keeper too.....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 08:16:41 AM »
Since I really enjoyed the 1795 storyline, I'd have to say my favorite moments with Vicky were when they were holding that seance at Collinwood and then suddenly, she finds herself thrown back in time to the year 1795.

I also liked the part when Barnabas was holding that "so called costume party" at the old house and Vicky had gone all dressed up as Josette.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 08:21:40 AM »
I liked it when Vicki was in 1795 and she and Daniel were hiding from Nathan in the Collins Mausoleum...I think she did some of her best acting around that time.

Adra ;)
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 08:24:07 AM »
I liked her early scenes with David (when he was still highly disturbed.)  Specifically, I can remember a scene of them physically fighting (either over the bleeder valve or one of Vicki's letters) and another of Vicki tricking David into the hallway and locking the door behind him against his angry protests.  She had to be pretty strong in those days, both intellectually and physically to deal with and outwit the little monster.  

ProfStokes

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 09:26:34 AM »

I'm with you ProfStokes. The first thing that came to mind was AM's early days and her scenes with DH.  The first that came to mind for me was a scene where Vicky and David were sitting on his bed and she was explaining "things" to him. She was telling him about her anger as a child growing up alone in the foundling home. It was very poignant and I got totally sucked into the scene; hook, line, and sinker - I mean I got an attitude adjustment that lasted a few days, lol.

Dom

PS- VW is one of my all-time fave characters.

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2002, 12:32:04 AM »
Hmm I've only seen the first 60 episodes, 20 from right before the arrival of Barnabas until he gets a painting commisioned, and from the death of Dr. Woodard to now. I'd have to say she was great in many of her scenes that I've seen. I thought she was great with David Henesy and Nancy Barrett in the early episodes. I enjoyed the scene she had with Lara Parker where she told Cassandra what she thought about her.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2002, 01:18:20 AM »
She had to be pretty strong in those days, both intellectually and physically to deal with and outwit the little monster.

I agree. I think Alexandra's best work was done during the B&W episodes. Unfortunately, by the time DS went to color, Vicki was already well on her way to becoming DS' #1 doormat/victim - and clueless to boot! She was neither during most of the show's first year. She stood her ground against everyone.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Now comes the dumbing down of Maggie as she transforms into a Vicki clone.

(Hmmm - I wonder if like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the "real" Vicki and Maggie weren't actually in a field somewhere on the Collinwood estate, having the life drained out of them by those extraterrestrial plants, while their clueless clones took their places? >:( Now THAT might make some sense...)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2002, 01:40:07 AM »
quess i would have to say 1795( i really didn't like the pre Barnabas storylines) but she really grew boring when she returned and there wasn't a lot to do with her
role. She never returned to acting wonder if this was her choice?

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2002, 01:58:06 AM »
quess i would have to say 1795( i really didn't like the pre Barnabas storylines) but she really grew boring when she returned and there wasn't a lot to do with her
role. She never returned to acting wonder if this was her choice?

Hmm I believe AM did some stage work in the '70s.

On another note, I liked how AM wasn't the last credited in hre last two episodes, even though it was probably a glitch. Though it was weird that they had 'and Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters' followed by Marie Wallace (#626), Robert Rodan (#626), or Greta Markson (#627).

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2002, 09:48:42 AM »
Unfortunately, by the time DS went to color, Vicki was already well on her way to becoming DS' #1 doormat/victim - and clueless to boot! She was neither during most of the show's first year. She stood her ground against everyone.

Yes, and I admired that she went for what she wanted, never worrying about appearances like the rest of the Collins family.

My favorite Victoria moment was when she asked Burke to take her up to his suite because that's where he kept the records of his investigation of the Collins family... and her.  Everyone that witnessed this, including Burke and Joe, got the wrong idea, but because it meant an opportunity to learn more about her past, what the small town folk might think didn't seem to concern her.  I think that was the nite Burke began to see her differently, which isn't surprising because that Vicki had spunk.

Carolyn also invited herself to Burke's room at around that same time, but the way she threw herself at the guy and reveled in being seen there was almost embarrassing.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2002, 11:00:39 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mention this episode, but a real stand-out scene w/Alexandra Moltke was the seance held during the Laura story line to find out from Josette about Laura; Josette spoke through Vicki in French. The actress obviously spoke French herself; she was quite fluent. I was impressed with her acting in that scene.

Like Cassandra, 1795 is a real favorite of mine, and the initial episodes when Vicki first finds herself in 1795 are my all-time favorites. Loved the ending of the first episode, when Barnabas announces that the carriage carrying the new governess has overturned, and Naomi says to Vicki "Young lady, I think you had better tell us who you are, and what you are doing here," and Vicki simply faints dead away from being overwhelmed by it all. This is a classic episode as far as I was concerned.