Author Topic: Alexandra Molke's best moments as Vicky  (Read 4442 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Alexandra Molke's best moments as Vicky
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2002, 11:11:13 PM »
Vicki's early dealings with David stand out in my memory, as well as her first scene with Joel Crothers as Nathan in 1795.  

Like Midnite, I admired her for going up to Burke's hotel room, not giving a damn that it could be giving Devlin--or others--the wrong impression.  I also enjoyed some of her scenes with Burke, when he was falling in love with her and she was, unknown to herself, undermining his efforts to bring down the Collins family.

AM also had some wonderful moments with Joan Bennett (how I wished she had told her the truth about her identity when Vicki was about to be married)!

I also thoroughly enjoyed Vicki's Blue Whale scene with the nearly-dead Jason McGuire, when he hinted he knew of her origins and she accused him of trying to hurt her.  

I loved Vicki as originally conceived by the DS writers, and the dumbing down wasn't her fault.  I'm just sorry she never was brought back as the villain she longed to be, and think Dan Curtis missed the boat on that one.

Great question!

Love, Robin  

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2002, 01:05:28 AM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Now comes the dumbing down of Maggie as she transforms into a Vicki clone.

I'm sorry, but it just isn't possible that Naggie could get ANY dumber than she was with Willie recently when he wanted to save her! To get as clueless as Vicky will be take an increase in IQ! [roll3]
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2002, 03:30:33 AM »
I already mentioned my best moment pick, so now I'll mention my least favorite moment of Vicki's, when she killed Noah Gifford!  :'(
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2002, 05:12:03 AM »
::)Hmmm. Well, I think her reactions to familiar faces when she first met the Collins family in 1795 were good. Other than that Vickie didn't seem to be very demonstrative at all. Ah, yes. Clueless is the word.

Misty

" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2002, 05:58:26 AM »
I shall miss Victoria's inquisitive expression before uttering "I don't understand" :'(

My very favorite "Vickie" moment was when Vickie while eluding the evil clutches of the so called self proclaimed Reverend Trask, risked her life to visit Sarah who at that time was under the first illness cast upon to her by the real Witch Angelique!

Such a touching scene there ever was! :'(          

:-[Fare thee well little governess... :-[
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2002, 07:05:47 AM »
I shall miss Victoria's inquisitive expression before uttering "I don't understand"...

Hear! Hear! [beer]
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2002, 05:16:37 PM »
SPOILERS

I'm sorry, but it just isn't possible that Naggie could get ANY dumber than she was with Willie recently when he wanted to save her! To get as clueless as Vicky will be take an increase in IQ! [roll3]

(sigh) Oh, but it is possible.  Watch and learn as Maggie's brains start eaking out of her head until she's really just a shell.  

As far as favorite Moltke scenes go, I have two.  One's a small moment, but I liked it.

She goes to Matthew's cottage (the first Matthew) and for about five minutes they have blueberry muffins and talk.  

The other is after she's just about had it.  Carolyn's doing one of her mood swings and I think Liz is on her case and I just love it when Vicki lets out her frustrations, tells Mrs. Stoddard enough is enough, (possibly quits) and IIRC, loudly declares "AND I'm NOT trying to steal anyone's boyfriend!"

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2002, 11:43:12 PM »
My favorite Vicki scenes were in the initial 1795 episodes, altough I think she had a lot of good moments during the first year of the show.  It's really a shame that the character, who was such a big part of the show from the very beginning, was dumbed down and diminished in importance as the show became more and more supernaturally oriented.

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2002, 06:00:03 AM »

S

P

O

I

L

E

R
(Hmmm - I wonder if like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the "real" Vicki and Maggie weren't actually in a field somewhere on the Collinwood estate, having the life drained out of them by those extraterrestrial plants, while their clueless clones took their places? >:( Now THAT might make some sense...)

Now THAT might make them ... the Stepford Governesses.

I, too, found AM's early scenes with DH poignant.  It must have been a challenge for an adult actor to relate to a child actor having intelligently written lines.  I mean, these weren't the usual adult-child exchanges I'm used to seeing on TV, and much effort and talent was needed to pull them off.  AM and DH established a terrific emotional connection between themselves.

I also like the early eps of the 1795 storyline, although I always get hoarse yelling at my TV set for Vicki to stop blabbing to everybody what century she came from and to just put a sock in it.  ;)

Ben

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2002, 03:07:57 PM »
One of my favorite scenes is when Vicki 'breaks it gently' to Barnabas that she thinks of him just as a friend.  I also like the scenes between Vicki and Barnabas at the old house on the night she sleeps over in Josette's room. Oh, the tension of it all!

I also liked the scenes between Vicki and Roger when she stands up to his arrogant attitude.  You go girl!!!

Lastly, the scenes between her and David in the early days were exceptionally good.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »
I already mentioned my best moment pick, so now I'll mention my least favorite moment of Vicki's, when she killed Noah Gifford!  :'(

Now, now, I know you love Craig Slocum and both his characters but consider this: he WAS trying to kill Daniel....what was she supposed to do, let him kill the boy? She HAD to do it!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »
Vicki's early dealings with David stand out in my memory, as well as her first scene with Joel Crothers as Nathan in 1795

I also thoroughly enjoyed Vicki's Blue Whale scene with the nearly-dead Jason McGuire, when he hinted he knew of her origins and she accused him of trying to hurt her.

That's the one!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »
As to Alexandra's best moments, one of them has already been mentioned, the scene where she's getting it from Carolyn and Elizabeth, but Vicki fights it out with both of them and holds her own. I was really rooting for her there because she was right....there should be a limit to what she has to put up with from everyone there.

I also loved her bad-mouthing Cassandra when [spoiler] she tells her she won't tell Barnabas the dream no matter what. [/spoiler] Despite the fact that she was in "I don't understand" mode at this point she still had some spunk with her.

There's no question that Alexandra was at her best during the first year of the show. But she still had her moments even after the arrival of Barnabas and 1795.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »
It also struck me that AM hasn't really messed up (ya know, besides giggling) in a while.

Could someone point me to the ep where AM get's the giggles?  I remember her saying she and Nancy had to turn away from Louis one time.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/