Author Topic: Dates, location for Fest '11?  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Dates, location for Fest '11?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 12:24:02 AM »
I never meant to imply the Depp/DS film would be completed by the Fest - only that if there's any footage available by the time the Fest might take place (and considering how things have been progressing, that's A HUGE IF!), Warner Bros. *might* prefer to make any sort of presentation of it in CA rather than NY or NJ. But even without the film factoring in, there is precedent for consecutive Fests on the West Coast, just as there's precedent for consecutive Fests on the East Coast.  [ghost_smiley]  We should never simply presume that they always alternate.  [ghost_wink]

David

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »
Do a fest here in San Francisco. The fog and the Victorian houses will make everyone feel like they're in Collinsport!

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 04:49:04 AM »
Short youtube clip where Kathryn mentions next year being a "New York festival":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFvId5q5E2Q

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »
Short youtube clip where Kathryn mentions next year being a "New York festival":

YAY!...Not that I dislike CA by any means - but this is much closer to me and more of a possibility.  [hello]

Thanks for the clip SaraMonster.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 07:15:30 PM »
Quote from: CastleBee
Having Technical Difficulites w/ Collinwood Corgis

But at least one is back.  [hello]

If you continue to have problems, please PM me and I'll try to help.  :)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
They won't even begin filming until at least January.  But knowing what a perfectionist Johnny Depp is, it doesn't surprise me that this happened. [ghost_mad]

I didn't think it was a fault to be a perfectionist.  Maybe that is just me??

As for the fest I truly hope it's in NYC as it would be easier for my pocket book and a great place to celebrate the 45Th anniversary in the city where it all began!   [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 05:32:27 AM »
Of course, nothing beats the glory years when the Fest was at the Marriott Marquis in the heart of the theater district and rooms were only $99.00 per night.
AMEN to that Claude. $99.00 a night was FANTASTIC. 1997 at the Marriott holds especially fond memories for me. It was Nancy Barrett's first Festival and I not only got the opportunity to meet her, but several of us spent quite a bit of time with her that weekend. Highlights for me included her modeling my 1897 t-shirt design, and the peck on the cheek she gave me.  [ghost_smiley]
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 02:05:47 PM »
So nice Bobubas!  I regret that Nancy doesn't come anymore because out of all the cast she is one I would truly love to meet.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 08:20:32 PM »
i've met nancy at two or three fests since 2003. has she made an official announcement that she will no longer be in attendance or has she just been absent in recent years?

my introduction to nancy inadvertently lead to some dramz with lara parker at the 2003 brooklyn fest. when i attended that year(my first)i was just watching the show through for the first time from the beginning and at that point had not yet gotten to the 1795 storyline(and thus ms.parker's arrival on the scene). nancy was seated next to lara in the autograph line and i told nancy how cute i thought carolyn was. then i asked lara for her autograph even though i hadn't gotten to her part on the program yet...

well la parker gave me a death glare worthy of angelique at her most scornful!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
Short youtube clip where Kathryn mentions next year being a "New York festival"

Apparently not officially:

*** SG NOTE: As of this time, we have not yet set specific plans for the next Fest. I will premiere-announce details as we confirm them in these SG Updates to the SG Yahoogroup.