Author Topic: DS DVD Sale At Amazon.com  (Read 5251 times)

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Sale At Amazon.com
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 09:49:31 PM »
my Volumes came & on time for a change! when i bought "The Nightmare On Elm Street" DVD set way back in (1999) it took 3

weeks i believe to get here cause it went all over & because of it being so late & that happening i got like i think 20 bucks off

the set. anyways i'm thrilled my sets are here.  that would be  Volumes 4 & 5.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »
i plan on now getting volumes 6 & 7 & for those who want to know. they are NOW selling the sets for $26.99 which is odd how they keep jumping back & forth isn't it? at least it feels that way to me. he he ya know?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 05:26:28 PM »
The prices on Amazon seem to fluctuate a lot on some items. It's odd - but if you hit it right, you can make out like a bandit...

One of the nice things about pre-ordering with Amazon is that if the price falls lower than the price was when you first pre-ordered, you're guaranteed that lower price. That came in quite handy when I bought Season 2 of True Blood with them because the price fell twice between the time I pre-ordered and the set shipped. It ended up costing me $10 less than what I was originally expecting - which was already less than any other sites were charging.

Offline VictoriaWintersCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows DVD Collection...Big Sale at Amazon.com
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 03:49:58 PM »
 Dark Shadows: The Beginning and  DVD Collection

The price has been cut to $19.49 per volume or dvd  box set.

That site changes prices on a whim, so who knows how long that will last.

Maybe it will be for the entire month, since Halloween is coming.

:crosses fingers:   [ghost_undecided]
My name is Victoria Winters, my journey is just beginning.

A journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me and link my  past with my future.  A journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place.  To the edge of the sea, high atop Widow's Hill, to a place called Collingwood.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 04:43:52 AM »
thanxs for the news

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »
 Amazon.com  has droppd the price again.

Dark Shadows DVD Collection   $26.49

Dark Shadows: The Beginning   $26.99

Not as cheap as the last time, but still a good deal IMHO.   [snow_smiley]

Hope that everyone had a great Turkey Day!

A journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me and link my  past with my future.  A journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place.  To the edge of the sea, high atop Widow's Hill, to a place called Collingwood.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:52 PM »
That is wonderful.  I was going to post this but got side tracked.  Those are still great deals compared to Mpi's prices. I have no idea why anyone would pay their prices!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 03:42:20 AM »
thanxs for the news. i have since obtained a few more sets since i last posted here on this thread. now i have volumes. 1-10, 17-22,24-26. & "The Begining" volume #1.  & sorry for my bad spelling.

i wish they would have put it even cheaper on amazon. i've always wondered why in the hell MPI charges soo much for their sets?  i'm guessing people would buy more of them if they actually reduced their prices to say $40.00 bucks or so. that's a LOT better than $60.00 plus tax & for shipping as well.

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 06:05:01 AM »
Those are still great deals compared to Mpi's prices. I have no idea why anyone would pay their prices!

I 've seen these sets priced as high as $80 each, makes no sense.   [snow_huh]

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 07:23:17 AM »
tell me about it. anyone here, go to "best buys" Offical website  & look "DS" up & they sell them for $70! now that's plus tax  & shipping & handling. that's prolly around $75.00 bucks! i'm sorry cousins i love the show dearly as you all do here of course, obviosuly. but it's just NOT worth spending that type of money on any show.

anyone see the prices for the seasons as we call it in the USA of the show "Doctor Who" ? they are terrible!
no matter where you go to buy it. weather it's the blu-ray or the dvd sets they are terrible. i love that show as well. but i'm NOT spending $80 bucks for 13 episodes. the show isn't worth that. neither is 'DS"

MPI may have terrible prices but they are least Cheaper A LOT cheaper than "Best Buys" i'm guessing once the film comes out & they put the show back in stores, i am of course assuming the prices will be somewhat better. at least in stores anyways. i mean hell i bought the 1st two seasons of 'Hawaii Five-O' for $9.00! each at best buys cause the remake is such a Hit. thankfully. & actually i am enjoying the remake of that

MORE than i thought i would.  [snow_grin] anyways going back on topic. thanxfully there's sites like Amazon that have these great sales every now & than that sell "DS" at a decent price. god if "DS" ever want to Blue-ray i would HATE to even imangine the prices on THOSE sets ya know? any tv series on blue ray is over-priced as it is already. at least i think which is why i haven't bought any just yet for my player.